Inaccuracies on The Poster

Leave your comments and messages about the 1979 cult movie.

Inaccuracies on The Poster

Postby Tanner » Mon Sep 10, 2018 5:10 am

One thing I've always thought was odd on the original movie poster was the fact that there are some strange inaccuracies with the depictions of the characters. Now, I know this really doesn't matter but it's just strange. First of all, and least strange, is Swan/Michael Beck depicted as wearing a red headband and blue jeans, both which of course are not part of his costume in the movie. Many characters in the background are also wearing these red headbands. To the left of the Fury next to Swan, you clearly see Terry Michos/Vermin (same face, same wristband) but he is wearing sunglasses and is bald/skinheaded. To the right of the chick (Lizzy?) next to Swan is a mashup character. You clearly have David Harris/Cochise's face and necklace, but Cleon's doorag. What do you think was the thinking behind all of this?
Tanner

Re: Inaccuracies on The Poster

Postby Ninth Delegate » Mon Sep 10, 2018 7:38 am

It happened a lot back then; especially with the introduction of home video rentals. A lot of artistic licence was used. Paramount gave him a few production shots as reference material and some vague descriptions. Burt Reynolds was 1 of the celeb cameos that was used as random gang members. The soundtrack lp has different artwork. Given the posters inaccuracies, Cleons costume is spot on. Apparently Terry Michos looked tougher without hair.
[IMG]http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k70/shaunographic/warriorssig.jpg[/IMG]
Laziness is a skill that must be practiced everyday.
Ninth Delegate

Re: Inaccuracies on The Poster

Postby Tanner » Wed Sep 12, 2018 4:43 pm

Yeah, you're right, the costume for Cleon is spot on. That necklace is right for him, not Cochise like i said.
Tanner

Return to The Warriors (1979)