Breaking Down Barricade

Leave your comments and messages about the 1979 cult movie.
Danzel

Breaking Down Barricade

Post by Danzel »

Hey guys

I was sitting here watching The Worriors everynow and then as I'm sure we all do :D and I started to think about when Ajax and Swan are beating down the wooden Fence, Barricade? whatever it is.. but they seem to be going pretty full on to destroy it.

Obviously as Cyrus is dead, everyones freaking out, cops are every where, but If any of you out there have ever hit a solid wooden fence, it doesnt just break. I know that it would make you bleed alot, they do use some kicks and stuff but yeh you get my point... They were pretty motivated and busy trying to "Haul A**" as Cochise states.

anyways, What made them do this in the first place? why not just go somewhere not as obvious as an exit, but somewhere not as hard? We see other gangs helping eachother up, pulling up walkways etc??

Sorry if there isnt much left to reply on, I just want some ideas.. ontop of mine.. for this whole little scenario :D  Input appreciated
[img]http://i8.tinypic.com/66nmcro.jpg[/img]
Thanks andy_man for the sig

Scream Loud and Scream Fast Cos' The Warriors Will Always Come Out To Play

Ajax88

Re: Breaking Down Barricade

Post by Ajax88 »

If any of you out there have ever hit a solid wooden fence, it doesnt just break. I know that it would make you bleed alot, they do use some kicks and stuff but yeh you get my point...

Yes it would hurt a lot to hit to hit a solid fence, but I think the fence they were hitting was probably put up a long time before the conclave and is probably rotted a bit so it wouldn't be as hard to break down.

What made them do this in the first place? why not just go somewhere not as obvious as an exit, but somewhere not as hard?

I think by the time they were in that small corner the cops were already beginning to round up the other gang members and blocking the exits, so they probably thought that they might as well take the chance and go through the fence.

My question is how the Riffs escaped, because they were busy standing around elbowing the heck out of Cleon and pointing the other gangs towards exits, and they were also attending to Cyrus' body. When did they have time to escape?

stevo2k6

Post by stevo2k6 »

goood point how did the riffs get outa there! whos knows? and yes the warriors thought why not try the fence, in a situation like that u just want to get the heck outa there i know i would, fecne seemed to be closer to them
S.Ritson

The Swan

Post by The Swan »

Danzel wrote: Hey guys

I was sitting here watching The Worriors everynow and then as I'm sure we all do :D and I started to think about when Ajax and Swan are beating down the wooden Fence, Barricade? whatever it is.. but they seem to be going pretty full on to destroy it.

Obviously as Cyrus is dead, everyones freaking out, cops are every where, but If any of you out there have ever hit a solid wooden fence, it doesnt just break. I know that it would make you bleed alot, they do use some kicks and stuff but yeh you get my point... They were pretty motivated and busy trying to "Haul A**" as Cochise states.

anyways, What made them do this in the first place? why not just go somewhere not as obvious as an exit, but somewhere not as hard? We see other gangs helping eachother up, pulling up walkways etc??

Sorry if there isnt much left to reply on, I just want some ideas.. ontop of mine.. for this whole little scenario :D  Input appreciated
Well, I'll tell you: this is a good topic. I posted something similar (http://warriorsmovie.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=9810.0 ... but it's ok, your topic is ok). So, what I answer you is that they beated down that fence, cause it just was the movie. 8)
[color=#FF0000][align=center]Wanna Fight? Make Your Move![/align][/color]
[align=center][img]http://digilander.libero.it/ran.s/HoustonTheSwanLogo.jpg[/img][/align]
[color=#FF0000][align=center]"That's cause u guys r so bad they're afraid of u!!!"[/align][/color]

Danzel

Post by Danzel »

Thanks for that guys :D

and to answer your questionAjax 88, doesnt matter how big the raid was.. I guess being the Riffs, they had it all under control, and maybe their size, though we dont see hundreds of them at the conclave, I assume the cops would even think twice about making war on the biggest, most powerful gang

and thanks Stevo2k6, your topic was good help :D

stevo2k6

Post by stevo2k6 »

Danzel wrote: Thanks for that guys :D

and to answer your questionAjax 88, doesnt matter how big the raid was.. I guess being the Riffs, they had it all under control, and maybe their size, though we dont see hundreds of them at the conclave, I assume the cops would even think twice about making war on the biggest, most powerful gang

and thanks Stevo2k6, your topic was good help :D
thanks mate:), but i have to agree the riffs r the biggest and the best gang, the cops may have let them off for that,

heres a theory maybe the riffs bribed the police with cash or anything so tht the cops left them alone? thoughts?
S.Ritson

Ajax88

Post by Ajax88 »

I don't really see the Riffs bribing the cops, if I remember correctly Cyrus said that they would run the town if they united, and nothing would move unless they said so. So I am taking that as the Riffs and the rest of the united gangs would run all the rackets in the city, would own the government, and the police, along with collecting on taxes from goods and other things that are taxed, and basically just running everything by invoking fear in the general populace. In my opinion I believe that the Riffs wouldn't bribe anyone because Cochise stated early in the movie Cochise mentioned that Cyrus, being the leader of the largest gang in town, didn't take crap from anyone, so I am guessing that the Riffs probably didn't take it from anyone either, so I think Danzel might be right about the cops thinking twice about messing with the Riffs

Danzel

Post by Danzel »

thanks Ajax88, support is ppreciated..

well.. maybe stevo, they werent even bribed... if ALL the Riffs were there they probably didnt want to mess with a properly organised couple of hundred, probably most of them packing, heavy rep gang members....maybe even more so if they know or realise that Cyrus was shot.. making them alll quite upset :D

stevo2k6

Post by stevo2k6 »

Danzel wrote: thanks Ajax88, support is ppreciated..

well.. maybe stevo, they werent even bribed... if ALL the Riffs were there they probably didnt want to mess with a properly organised couple of hundred, probably most of them packing, heavy rep gang members....maybe even more so if they know or realise that Cyrus was shot.. making them alll quite upset :D
true! i was jus syggesting i mean, the riffs are the biggest gang anything is possible with them. could have just been one big set up for cyrus to get taken out? so he cudnt unite all the gangs
S.Ritson

Oxygen

Post by Oxygen »

All the other gangs were going out the exits and getting nabbed. Some must have pushed through, but the cops had a couple buses of gang members in a shot of Gunhill streets.

And I think the Warriors broke the fence down easily. It's not made from the same compacted wood park benches are made from and it might have been rotting, also their adrelaline was running high which can give you nearly superhuman strength.

As for the Riffs getting out so quick, I always figured they knew about a secret escape that they slipped away into.
Last edited by Anonymous on Mon Mar 10, 2008 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
We're gonna make it back. We came this far and we're gonna make it the rest of the way!

The Swan

Post by The Swan »

In my post above I forgot to talk about the Riffs. Now, reading the new replies, I've to say that I like the "Secret Escape" idea. But what I think about this thread is: only Higher Ranks (+obviously Cyrus Body) and their Bodyguard Teams immediately ran away the Conclave that night (by cars behind the park). At least 30, 50 or 100 (who knows?) Riffs/Soldiers stuck around, and somehow it was planned. As all of us know The Riffs were... a lot... so no problem. I also think that anyway Police didn't arrest many of them, cause Cops were offstage/far from that sorta stage where the Riffs were. So they had the time to help the other Gangs to run away (as we can see), then they went away too!!!
I'd exclude however, they bribed the Police.
[color=#FF0000][align=center]Wanna Fight? Make Your Move![/align][/color]
[align=center][img]http://digilander.libero.it/ran.s/HoustonTheSwanLogo.jpg[/img][/align]
[color=#FF0000][align=center]"That's cause u guys r so bad they're afraid of u!!!"[/align][/color]

stevo2k6

Post by stevo2k6 »

maybe they did have a secret escape, must have been some way they did a runner

or the cops was too busy rounding up everyone else and they just stuck together and did a runner lol
S.Ritson

Danzel

Post by Danzel »

I didnt think of a "secret escape" as such, but it is a very good idea, but if you look at what the Riffs are doing When the sirens start and the lights go on.. they are all pushing up to the edge of the stag area (when Cleon just tells one to move out of his way), so they were prpbably going to be hanging around for a while.

So I now think they actually were as bad as they made out to be, or they thought they were the best and the cops couldnt care less and eventually got to them

Godfather

Post by Godfather »

I think the Warriors broke the fence because they thought is was their only way out.  I think that the Riffs might have bribed there way out.  I think there may have been a few dirty cops who could have let them slip.  Or they might have had an escape route or maybe the cops had nothing to keep them on.
[img]http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o132/godfather1969/GODFATHER-SSIG.jpg[/img]
Made by Hector

flew to high

Post by flew to high »

Ajax and Swan are some pretty tough guys so I think it was quite possible to break through the wood with ease. After all look at all thoes Karate guys who can punch through cement blocks and solid ice. So anything is possible.