bloopas

Leave your comments and messages about the 1979 cult movie.
Lion

bloopas

Post by Lion »

Allright guys! the first: you can see the reflection of a guy holding the sound microphone above the Riffs new leader's head through [his] mirror sunglasses, this happens during his famous "I want them alive...." speech, (20:43-20:50 on my dvd player clock) Zoom! in and you can see the mic guy's arms and the fluffy grey mic cover. Second is before The Riffs new leader asks: "what 'bout our patrols?" (1:17:06-1:17:14) you can see a guy wearing a grey shirt, sleeves rolled up holding the stick microphone, zoom! in as well. Third is when Swan is getting beat up by one of the Punks, Cowboy then gets the Punk off of Swan, seconds later we see Cochise wrapin' a chain around one the Punks neck and body slamming him, keep an eye on Swan (you don't have to zoom) he backs off of a guy who is trying to slash him with a blade, he makes the excact same move seconds later, its like a double take (1:17:06-1:17:14). Questions: What is 'The Scott Show'? the name appears on the dj's moving sound reel in the background (21:01-21:03). Is that the Punks leader doing the stunt for Vermin when they throw him against the bathroom mirror? zoom in and look closer (1:15:50-1:15:52). I heard he was a stunt coordinator.
[img]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b232/METALTANK/squares.jpg[/img]

Ninth Delegate

Re: bloopas

Post by Ninth Delegate »

Ive often wonderd  what the scott show is. It could possibly be part of the d.j's name. We can only speculate.
[IMG]http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k70/shaunographic/warriorssig.jpg[/IMG]
Laziness is a skill that must be practiced everyday.

haterist

Post by haterist »

wheres emissary?, he probably knows the answer, that guys on warriors crack or something.  ;) 

BTW, the stick with the mic on the end is called a boomstick....you can pick up at S-Mart!  :D

Kujo_87

Post by Kujo_87 »

LIONS ON THE RED CARPET wrote: Allright guys! the first: you can see the reflection of a guy holding the sound microphone above the Riffs new leader's head through [his] mirror sunglasses, this happens during his famous "I want them alive...." speech, (20:43-20:50 on my dvd player clock) Zoom! in and you can see the mic guy's arms and the fluffy grey mic cover. Second is before The Riffs new leader asks: "what 'bout our patrols?" (1:17:06-1:17:14) you can see a guy wearing a grey shirt, sleeves rolled up holding the stick microphone, zoom! in as well. Third is when Swan is getting beat up by one of the Punks, Cowboy then gets the Punk off of Swan, seconds later we see Cochise wrapin' a chain around one the Punks neck and body slamming him, keep an eye on Swan (you don't have to zoom) he backs off of a guy who is trying to slash him with a blade, he makes the excact same move seconds later, its like a double take (1:17:06-1:17:14). Questions: What is 'The Scott Show'? the name appears on the dj's moving sound reel in the background (21:01-21:03). Is that the Punks leader doing the stunt for Vermin when they throw him against the bathroom mirror? zoom in and look closer (1:15:50-1:15:52). I heard he was a stunt coordinator.
The part you mentioned about Swan's repeating moves actually happens a lot through out the movie. In the graveyard scene when they first run in pay close attention to Ajax,Swan, Snow and Rembrandt. You see all 4 run in through the clearing; Snow hides behind the closest headstone to the clearing, the other three run further in behind that bush and you can see Ajax trip.
  They play it again right after to make it look like they run further into the graveyard but you can see that they run through the same clearing, Snow is hiding behind the same headstone, and Rembrandt slips instead of Ajax. This also happens a lot during the Furies and Punks fights. It looks like Swan hits the Fury he catches up to three times when he spins him but the first two are actually the same hit from different angles, you can tell by the way the Fury flinches both times. One of the 3-hit combos Swan puts on the Furies can also be seen in the background of one of Ajax's shots. Oh, and when Ajax hits that Fury in the ribs and the other tries to "sneak" up on him, you can see Cowboy is still out in the background and not too far from him the yellow-faced Fury is limping away from the fight :shock: I don't know if its a blooper or not but its damn funny :lol:

As for the Punks, watch as the Warriors strike after Rem. takes out the leader. All the moves they bust out with are the same moves in thier close ups like Snow blocking a chain with his bat and kicking the attacking Punk and Verimn's one-two cross jab combo on the Punk in the red and black striped shirt. When it shows Cochise punching the red shirt Punk on the ground, you can see Vermin doing the same combo.
  I think Terry Michos does the mirror stunt himsefl as you can see he still has his gut and chest hair :lol: but Craig R. Baxley (Punks leader) was one of the stunt coordinaters . In one of the UDC featurettes (I think "Battleground"), he reveals that he is the one who performs Cyrus's fall when he is shot. They colored his skin and sprayed his hair with afro sheen!  :lol: He thought the extras at the conclave were going to destroy when they saw it, but they cheered him after the fall and carried him off.

I know what you guys are thinkin', and yes I do have a life, honest :lol: I've been watchin' the movie since '94 when I was seven so most of this stuff is just running through the back of my mind.
[img]http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/8223/sig22ih.png[/img]
                         GO GET IT

Ninth Delegate

Post by Ninth Delegate »

A possible answer to "What is the scott show".  Ive read that walter hill was originally lined up to direct Alien, but passed on the project to the up and coming ridley scott so he could do the warriors. Maybe this is some sort of in joke between the two directors.
[IMG]http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k70/shaunographic/warriorssig.jpg[/IMG]
Laziness is a skill that must be practiced everyday.

KillerMime

Post by KillerMime »

Ninth Delegate wrote: A possible answer to "What is the scott show".  Ive read that walter hill was originally lined up to direct Alien, but passed on the project to the up and coming ridley scott so he could do the warriors. Maybe this is some sort of in joke between the two directors.
Interesting theory.  I hadn't thought of that.  Those directors do love their in-jokes.
[img]http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g145/crypto17/ohs07.jpg[/img]

emissary
Scout
Scout

Post by emissary »

LIONS ON THE RED CARPET wrote: Allright guys! the first: you can see the reflection of a guy holding the sound microphone above the Riffs new leader's head through [his] mirror sunglasses, this happens during his famous "I want them alive...." speech, (20:43-20:50 on my dvd player clock) Zoom! in and you can see the mic guy's arms and the fluffy grey mic cover. Second is before The Riffs new leader asks: "what 'bout our patrols?" (1:17:06-1:17:14) you can see a guy wearing a grey shirt, sleeves rolled up holding the stick microphone, zoom! in as well. Third is when Swan is getting beat up by one of the Punks, Cowboy then gets the Punk off of Swan, seconds later we see Cochise wrapin' a chain around one the Punks neck and body slamming him, keep an eye on Swan (you don't have to zoom) he backs off of a guy who is trying to slash him with a blade, he makes the excact same move seconds later, its like a double take (1:17:06-1:17:14). Questions: What is 'The Scott Show'? the name appears on the dj's moving sound reel in the background (21:01-21:03). Is that the Punks leader doing the stunt for Vermin when they throw him against the bathroom mirror? zoom in and look closer (1:15:50-1:15:52). I heard he was a stunt coordinator.
All of your information seems correct.  One thing I have to check on is the stunt guy.  I think the stunt coordinator is the punk that Snow kicks through the stall door. 
"When we see the ocean we figure we're home, we're safe."

KillerMime

Post by KillerMime »

"All of your information seems correct.  One thing I have to check on is the stunt guy.  I think the stunt coordinator is the punk that Snow kicks through the stall door."

The stunt coordinator is Craig Baxley, the lead punk.  The guy who Cochise kicked through the door is Gary Baxley, his brother.

As for the stunt guy who got thrown against the mirror,  it doesn't look like the Punks leader.  It's really hard to tell if its one of the other punks or maybe another stuntman like one of the Furies.
[img]http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g145/crypto17/ohs07.jpg[/img]

Mugen92

Post by Mugen92 »

haterist wrote: wheres emissary?, he probably knows the answer, that guys on warriors crack or something.  ;) 

BTW, the stick with the mic on the end is called a boomstick....you can pick up at S-Mart!  :D
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Well good find guys i dont have the eyes and concentration to find that stuff

FreerideR-NL

Post by FreerideR-NL »

I watched the movie again tonight after something I wrote in the 'how did Swan know about Luther..etc.etc.' thread...
And I found a blooper during the Punks fight....well....hit me when somebody mentioned the blooper before  :p

Ok...Rembrandt is sitting on the ground...Mercy is on the left...Snow beats up a Punk in a red/black striped shirt..
He graps the guy and hits his head against the door on the right of Rembrandt...
The Punk is falling down and in a very short moment you can see that he's is landing on Rembrandts foot !..that's gotta hurt !
Checked it frame by frame  :)
[img]http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n241/freerider-nl/freerider-nlPatchfinal6Small2.jpg[/img]
* This is what we fought all night to get back to *

Kujo_87

Post by Kujo_87 »

It's still hard to believe that Craig Baxley (Punks Leader) is the guy who does Cyrus's fall stunt. I can't believe they put afro sheen in his hair! :lol: I'm still not sure about the mirror stunt, whenever I puase it to look,it looks exactly like Teryy michos, right down to th hair on his stomach :lol:
[img]http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/8223/sig22ih.png[/img]
                         GO GET IT

canyoucount

Post by canyoucount »

Konrad Sheehan played the leader, not C. Baxley.
"Look at me!  I'm the one who did this to you!  Remember me."

"You didn't walk with Jojo, you walked among him.  If you stared at him long enough, you could watch him grow fatter by the hour."