Gas Station location found!!!

Leave your comments and messages about the 1979 cult movie.
phillykid

Re: Gas Station location found!!!

Post by phillykid »

I was just wondering if FOX has any more information on the location of the Lizzies hangout, because I think I might have a pretty good idea where their apartment was.  I freeze framed the scene, and in the background you can barely make out the street sign on the corner, It looks like it's E. 7th St, but I'm not sure of the cross street, because it's so fuzzy and the scene is so dark.  So this would confirm that the location was in downtown Manhattan around the East Village.

Gezza

Post by Gezza »

wow good work guys i just want to see the photos from canyoucount and if somebody finds the location of the lizzies apartment tell me! :)
[img]http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z215/Gezza01/fableandhalogezzado.jpg[/img]
[color=red]That that dont kill me can only make me stronger.[/color]

The Swan

Post by The Swan »

Yeah, same here!!!
Can't wait to see all the photos, GREAT WORK GUYS!!!
[color=#FF0000][align=center]Wanna Fight? Make Your Move![/align][/color]
[align=center][img]http://digilander.libero.it/ran.s/HoustonTheSwanLogo.jpg[/img][/align]
[color=#FF0000][align=center]"That's cause u guys r so bad they're afraid of u!!!"[/align][/color]

Gezza

Post by Gezza »

Yeah well me and The Swan are anxious to see the shots so Bring Em Out ' :)
[img]http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z215/Gezza01/fableandhalogezzado.jpg[/img]
[color=red]That that dont kill me can only make me stronger.[/color]

taino78

Post by taino78 »

THE GOOD THING ABOUT THESE LANDMARKS THEY STILL LOOK THE SAME AS WAY BACK THEN. IF IT AINT BROKE DONT FIX IT

phillykid

Post by phillykid »

Just wondering if anyone has confirmed the location of the Lizzies hangout yet, I read on another post that Fox was pretty sure he knew where it was, but still doing research on the exact location.  I am curious if the alley that Cochise, Rembrandt, and Vermin run to after escaping the Lizzie's apartment, was in the same general area, because it looks a lot like one of the older neighborhoods in downtown Manhattan, around the East Village maybe?

canyoucount

Post by canyoucount »

Gezza wrote: wow good work guys i just want to see the photos from canyoucount......
Think I finally found somebody to babysit me in uploading gas station pix.  Hopefully, they'll be up by the weekend.
"Look at me!  I'm the one who did this to you!  Remember me."

"You didn't walk with Jojo, you walked among him.  If you stared at him long enough, you could watch him grow fatter by the hour."

canyoucount

Post by canyoucount »

Well, at least I didn't promise that my gas station pics would be posted.  Sorry I couldn't deliver. 

I live by that old saying: If you want something done, you gotta do it yourself.

Kinda hard to do if you don't know how to do it, plus it's too hard to find help anymore. It's getting so that you need a degree from MIT in order to sneeze!!  I think I'm going to leave the posting of pics to someone else. 

For those who want to post these, the location is on the corner of Great Jones St. and the Bowery (remember that if you're at E. 3rd St. and the Bowery, Great Jones begins on the other side of the Bowery).  This is in NoHo, just east of NYU.

"You didn't walk with Jojo, you walked among him.  If you stared at him long enough, you could watch him grow fatter by the hour."

TheSurgeon

Post by TheSurgeon »

Is this the location?

canyoucount

Post by canyoucount »

Bull's eye! You got it.

CAN YOU DIG IT

Post by CAN YOU DIG IT »

thats classic

thanks

The Swan

Post by The Swan »

Well, if that is... thanks a lot TheSurgeon.
[color=#FF0000][align=center]Wanna Fight? Make Your Move![/align][/color]
[align=center][img]http://digilander.libero.it/ran.s/HoustonTheSwanLogo.jpg[/img][/align]
[color=#FF0000][align=center]"That's cause u guys r so bad they're afraid of u!!!"[/align][/color]