filming location of lizzies hangout finally found!!!

Leave your comments and messages about the 1979 cult movie.
phillykid

filming location of lizzies hangout finally found!!!

Post by phillykid »

I am 99.9% sure of where the exterior shots of the Lizzies hangout/apartment was located. It's at 716 10th ave on the West side of Manhattan in the area once known as Hell's Kitchen but now called Clinton. In the scene where Vermin, Cochise, and Rembrandt are walking in the rain with the Lizzies, It's actually near the corner of 10th ave and W. 49th St, which is right around the corner from where they are seen running down the street after they are shot at by one of the Lizzies and smash through the door. As I mentioned in one of my earlier posts the doorway they run to after escaping from the Lizzies is at 420 W. 49th st. I am not sure if the interior scenes where shot at that address but I am certain that's the exterior. That solves one more mystery as to where the Lizzies turf was. For a long time I was looking down on the Lower East side and in the Bowery.

Swan27

Re: filming location of lizzies hangout finally found!!!

Post by Swan27 »

got any pics you can put up?

Compare the 2 locations?
Every one in my town knows that the Warriors are here!!!Image

4nik8

Post by 4nik8 »

Here's what i'm getting for 716 10th ave:

Anybody have high-def, high-zoom functions to make out the street signs?

ImageImage
*****CI CONCLAVE '09*****
---Apache----Fox------Snow---Cleon---Vermin----Swan-----------4nik8...WHO?!?

Swan27

Post by Swan27 »

I'll see if I can get it off the Blu ray version soon
Every one in my town knows that the Warriors are here!!!Image

Ninth Delegate

Post by Ninth Delegate »

Gotta admit, it does look like a close match.
Good luck trying for a hi res screen grab. I wasn't impressed with the picture quality of the bluray. It made a lot of the background look more grainy than the dvd.
Dee Dee has been on the convention curcuit in the past couple of years. Maybe there's a chance she can remember where she was when she was being filmed.
[IMG]http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k70/shaunographic/warriorssig.jpg[/IMG]
Laziness is a skill that must be practiced everyday.

phillykid

Post by phillykid »

;) I tried to freeze frame and zoom in to the street sign in the upper part of the frame but as you can see in the background there are flags hanging from one of the businesses that blocks the actual street name, although you can barely make out a 9 at the end of the sign which makes me assume that it is West 49th st. I'm now working on trying to find the street with the brownstones where the baseball furies come up from the underground and are swinging their bats. I read on another post that the street is Central Park West and W. 96th St, but having been up that way recently, it doesn't match the street in the scene. I am betting that it might be in Hell's Kitchen in the same general area where the Lizzies hangout is located