Possible explanation of Luther on the phone talking to who

Leave your comments and messages about the 1979 cult movie.

Possible explanation of Luther on the phone talking to who

Postby warriorswannabe » Thu Feb 14, 2019 4:56 pm

This fits I think, and is an explanation I haven't heard before, but I don't know how plausible it is;

We see that Cleon is clearly the overall leader of The Warriors, and is the leader of their delegation at the conclave - ditto Cyrus with The Riffs.

And Luther is clearly the leader of the Rogues delegation at the conclave - but nowhere do we learn that overall gang leaders have to attend the conclave - just "9 delegates" from each gang.

i.e. So might Luther be talking to the overall Rogues gang leader, who didn't know of the plan to kill Cyrus and whom Luther never intends telling about it?

(The phone dialogue does seem to fit that explanation)
warriorswannabe

Re: Possible explanation of Luther on the phone talking to w

Postby Ninth Delegate » Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:58 am

I've always thought they were on the pay role of one of the crime syndicates. It's plausible that he may have been speaking to an older relative that's of a high rank in that organisation.

DPK says he imagined it was a Boss Fagin type character he was speaking to when he acted out the scene.

I also think that Konrads's skating character was the scout of the gang; not the leader.
[IMG]http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k70/shaunographic/warriorssig.jpg[/IMG]
Laziness is a skill that must be practiced everyday.
Ninth Delegate

Re: Possible explanation of Luther on the phone talking to w

Postby warriorswannabe » Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:36 pm

other theories - in fact my idea of an rogues leader who is higher than luther is given on there - https://www.reddit.com/r/FanTheories/co ... alking_to/
warriorswannabe

Return to The Warriors (1979)