3 points - Rembrandt/Turnbulls/What does Cochise say?

Leave your comments and messages about the 1979 cult movie.
warriorswannabe

3 points - Rembrandt/Turnbulls/What does Cochise say?

Post by warriorswannabe »

2 anorak points that you may have missed (or don't care to know!) and a line that I can't make out.

Rembrandt might get lost entirely - in the graveyard Swan says to meet at Union Square station if they get separated of course - but he has just sent Rembrandt away and we see he is not in earshot of that important info (is in the far background) and no-one on camera then tells him.

the Turnbull AC's bus - its turning circle was clearly too wide for the width of the road even though the road widened a little, and so the quick u-turn onscreen back towards The Warriors was actually a lengthy 3 point turn (disguised by the camera cutting away to Rembrandt and Swan and then back to the bus) - they should have used a London cab! It might've been cut to be slicker or because logically you'd start running as the bus started the reverse part of the manoeuvre once you realised it was turning around. The Warriors wait until the turn is complete of course.

What does Cochise say? My Limey ears can't decipher this line - they escape the Turnbull AC's of course and are then sitting on the train. Rembrandt is looking at the map and Ajax says - "Figure out how many stops to the Union Square."

And then Cochise cuts in with - "Hey c'mon man, that's ????? ????? for Rembrandt."

I can't make that line out - what is it? (It seems to indicate something like "rather hard" by the resulting laughter but those aren't the 2 words)

4nik8

Re: 3 points - Rembrandt/Turnbulls/What does Cochise say?

Post by 4nik8 »

warriorswannabe wrote:2 anorak points that you may have missed (or don't care to know!) and a line that I can't make out....

What does Cochise say? My Limey ears can't decipher this line - they escape the Turnbull AC's of course and are then sitting on the train. Rembrandt is looking at the map and Ajax says - "Figure out how many stops to the Union Square."

And then Cochise cuts in with - "Hey c'mon man, that's ????? ????? for Rembrandt."

I can't make that line out - what is it? (It seems to indicate something like "rather hard" by the resulting laughter but those aren't the 2 words)
"high math", where the implication is that, to Rembrandt, simple addition is akin to calculus

I hadda look up anorak, tho
*****CI CONCLAVE '09*****
---Apache----Fox------Snow---Cleon---Vermin----Swan-----------4nik8...WHO?!?

4nik8

Post by 4nik8 »

*****CI CONCLAVE '09*****
---Apache----Fox------Snow---Cleon---Vermin----Swan-----------4nik8...WHO?!?

warriorswannabe

Post by warriorswannabe »

thanks - it makes sense that I didn't get it - we Limeys would say it slightly differently - "Higher maths"