2 Questions

Leave your comments and messages about the 1979 cult movie.
Jacobus

2 Questions

Post by Jacobus »

First of all i'd like to say hi everyone! I'm new to the forum but i have been reading the previous topics for a while now and have finally decided to become a member of the greatest forum of all time! :D

More to the point i have two questions i'd like to discuss.. these are:

1) How did the warriors manage to find the 'easiest' way out of the meeting into the graveyard, but no one else did? and why did no one follow them? :?

2) How come when Cyrus is shot at the start of the movie only The Fox gets a clear view of what happens.. but then later on in the movie a guy from some other gang tells Marsai who shot Cyrus? :?

I've come up with an idea for the second question i have posted, but its probally the most unlikely.. the guy who Luther keeps in touch with all the way through the movie (the guy he calls outside the candy shop) double crosses him and 'grasses him up' to Marsai.

Any other thoughts?
"Your just part of everything thats happened tonight.. and its all bad"

swift eyed wolf

2 Questions

Post by swift eyed wolf »

welcome soldier!!!

for question 1...read my last thread about ajax!
in fact your emphasising my graveyard point by saying that ajax is the smartest street punk out there...nice 1 :lol: :D

for q 2. your idea is extremely unlikely...forget about that 1.
we get a close up of the fox seeing him, but it is very possible that others saw him out of shot...its a big park with lots of people.
[img]http://www.freewebs.com/swifteyedwolf/sew[1].jpg[/img]

thediceman

Re: 2 Questions

Post by thediceman »

Jacobus wrote:
1) How did the warriors manage to find the 'easiest' way out of the meeting into the graveyard, but no one else did? and why did no one follow them? :?
In that scene you see a gang member in a blue top with the Warriors. He was basically ushered into that area by the Fox and Rembrandt. I guess the gang member in the blue top decided against following the Warriors, maybe he didn't fancy the odds of 8 to 1. :roll:

Ranchgal

2 Questions

Post by Ranchgal »

I never thought that FOX was the ONLY one to see Luther shoot Cyrus---Fox was the only one LUTHER saw that could tell the truth. So hence Luther had to take steps to eliminate the possible threat. Also remember-Luther recognised the colors--because Fox saw him, Luther tried to shoot him, fails, and then points at Cleon--who did not see anything, except Cyrus falling.

The fact that the camera only focused on Luther/Fox, doesn't mean that there weren't others who saw/knew--as we find out at the end--BUT with everyone NOT wanting to get arresting--who cared?? EVeryone was out to save themselves, and most of them were trying to get away the quickest route that would take them back the way they came--so they were running toward the same direction they came in from. Who actually shot Cyrus, or even what actually happened was a very low priority to most everyone there.

Cleon yells at his men to go against the crowd---(in the book, they came by the cemetary on their way in---the movie doesn't show that but it becomes obvious that they are not going to just stay and get arrested---and it is possible that they could see some of the stones, and figured no cops would be looking there, when there were so many other people taking obvious routes to chase/arrest.
IF they passed it on the way in---it would also eventually lead them to the way out. Just a thought.

Jacobus

2 Questions

Post by Jacobus »

I guess i worded those questions abit wrong :lol: anyway thanks for helping to clear those points up for me.

jjchampion

2 Questions

Post by jjchampion »

Your theory for your second question brings up a good point, though:

Who was Luther talking to on the phone, anyway?
Nobody is wastin' nobody.

Oddity

2 Questions

Post by Oddity »

jjchampion wrote:Your theory for your second question brings up a good point, though:

Who was Luther talking to on the phone, anyway?
His mommy :lol:
He was probably just talking to the rest of his gang
"I'll shove that bat up your ass and turn you into a popsicle" - Greatest line of all time

[img]http://www.horrortalk.com/reviews/HitchHiker/HH20.jpg[/img]

Jacobus

2 Questions

Post by Jacobus »

but if Luther was talking to one of his fellow gang members then why would he say that Cyrus had an accident? wouldn't he just admit it like he does to The Warriors at the end of the movie? :?

ohs

2 Questions

Post by ohs »

Jacobus wrote:but if Luther was talking to one of his fellow gang members then why would he say that Cyrus had an accident? wouldn't he just admit it like he does to The Warriors at the end of the movie? :?
He didnt want to admit it because he wasnt suppose to do it..he just likes doing things like that. He admits it at the end of the movie because fox saw him do it. That or he figures their all gonna be dead in a minute anyway.
[img]http://members.cox.net/thewarriors/box420x90.gif[/img]

Jacobus

2 Questions

Post by Jacobus »

but if he wasn't supposed to do it then why was the gun that he shot Cyrus with passed through the hands of all 9 Rouges that went to the meeting? :?

ohs

2 Questions

Post by ohs »

Jacobus wrote:but if he wasn't supposed to do it then why was the gun that he shot Cyrus with passed through the hands of all 9 Rouges that went to the meeting? :?
Luther convinced them to go along with it and if they didnt hed make up some bs story to get em all in trouble :o
[img]http://members.cox.net/thewarriors/box420x90.gif[/img]

Ranchgal

2 Questions

Post by Ranchgal »

Last discussion about this, several of us think he was talking to a girl he was trying to impress. since she wouldn't know much about Cyrus--that is why he was sort of giving details without actually fessing up to anything that could get him into trouble later.

back2coney

2 Questions

Post by back2coney »

1. they did have to punch there way through the wood, so it wasn't that easy or obvious, but yeah...you would have thought others would follow.

2. In the script he does tell the others that he saw the shooting...but i guess walter hill throught it would be better if the warriors were unaware for a while.
" Real tough mothers ain't ya! "

[img]http://looksy.co.uk/files/images/rare22_1_0.jpg[/img]

StevenFallonNYC

2 Questions

Post by StevenFallonNYC »

I really don't think it's clear that Fox saw Luthor shoot. In all the commotion, the crowd dispersed, and Fox stood there while Luthor then points the gun at him. Fox could have been staring in the direction from where he heard the shot coming from, but really how could he have actually seen it, especially when the whole crowd was looking at Cyrus at the time? And especially since Fox seems to have been behind the Rouges? And the one guy at the end who says he saw who shot Cyrus, that was probably just dumb luck, maybe he was near The Rouges and maybe was taking a look at the big crowd while Cyrus was speaking and saw Luthor shoot. But I really don't believe Fox actually saw the shooting.

As far as why only The Warriors go through the fence, I always just took that as film license. It's reasonable to maybe assume that others eventually went through, maybe saw the Warriors ahead of them and went the other way, wanting to avoid eight members of a rival gang.
Big Cyrus. He was gonna run the whole city...what crap that was.

Nite Run

2 Questions

Post by Nite Run »

interesting observations.
Last edited by Nite Run on Sat Feb 28, 2009 8:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
[img]http://i40.tinypic.com/2jbk2ef.jpg[/img]