First Time You Saw The Warriors

Leave your comments and messages about the 1979 cult movie.
skt4477

Post by skt4477 »

The first time I saw the Warriors was about 2 years ago. I heard about it on MTV in a story they did about how much that movie had influenced hip hop artists and that made me curious. I must've made so many attempts to rent it, but I finally saw it on Spike TV. It was edited but it looked really good. The next thing I new was a week later, my husband and I were in Best Buy and I saw a copy of it and I bought it. That movie keeps getting better each time I see it and I still notice a few new things too.
[i]Now crawl on by with a fake tear in your eye and think "Isn't he strange?".[/i]

Type O Negative: Who Will Save the Sane?

Coney Island Baby

Post by Coney Island Baby »

The first time I saw The Warriors was in '97 when I was about 14. It was on late one night on BBC2 as part of a double bill presented by the Irish film critic Mark Cousins. It was followed by Mathieu Kassovitz's La Haine, which is another great film that I saw for the first time that night. I remember Cousins saying, in his introduction to The Warriors, that it ends like 'a biblical epic', he then goes on to compare it to Scorsese's After Hours and The Wizard of Oz, two other great films about finding your way home. As you can probably guess, the film blew me away, and I ended up watching it everyday for the rest of that summer. Ever since then, I've been a massive fan.

Lizzie_Chief

Post by Lizzie_Chief »

justin wrote:the first time i saw it i was smoking marijuina with some college buddies
we were so high when they showed the high hats my buddy went and his room and got out a hat like the ones they were wearing we were smoking some serious stuff i think it was laced because we were running around putting on face paint waving baseball bats and knives at each other acting like we were one of the gangs in the movie
Same as me! I was totally high the first time I saw it... Which just made the film a million times better... But thankfully not high enuf to put on face paint!

Shakespeare

Fisrt time I saw Warriors???

Post by Shakespeare »

Oh my goodness, the first memory I have of watching "The Warriors" was when I was about 7 years old. We have a tape of The Wizard Of Oz, and I remember finishing watching the movie and "The Warriors" came on after it. I remember watching it and getting freaked out by the Baseball Furies and having nightmares, but I continued to watch it whenever I could, and still watch it to this day. I have even got my litlle brother who is twelve into it. It's a classic movie, that my dad remembers watching when he was in his late teens. I grew up on this movie and I love it, it's got classic one liners, and awesome fight scenes. Why don't they make films like that anymore? Now we get stuck with dodgy "Teen Movies". Bring back realism!!! And street fighting!!! And leather vests!!! Hahaha! :D
"Can you dig it? Can you dig it? CAN YOU DIG IT?!!!"

Coney Island Baby

Post by Coney Island Baby »

'Those vests are real nice, c'mon gimmie one. You could get another one man'.

Shakespeare

Post by Shakespeare »

Hahaha... "You know what that is?" "Yeah... Trouble!" Hahaha... please put on a bra, is the first thought that pops into my head everytime is see Mercy! Oh good lord... i know womans lib had that whole thing with burning bras... but theres a time and place for everything... and bras are just something that should not be taken for granted!!! (From a chicks point of view of course) But as a chick, that was just so wrong, in so many ways!!! She deserved to have "a train" pulled on her! She looks like "she just might like it!"Hahaha! :lol:

tomboy

Post by tomboy »

This is gonna sound like I'm a poser, but it's the truth--I saw clips of it on a 70's flashback show, and thought it looked cool. I'd heard the "come out and play-eee" line in some songs and on TV and was like, "oh, that's where it came from...I've gotta see this movie" Months later I caught the tail end on cable, vowed to record it next time, and that was that. I was born a couple years after it came out, so I never really knew it existed til this past year. I've got it on tape now and am trying to get the DVD. I need to hurry and get it though before my VHS wears out.
Despite all my rage, I am still just a rat in a cage...

Bopper

Post by Bopper »

I was like 7 back in the 80s and it was on HBO. I walked around the house saying "warriors! come out to playeaaay!

Then when in Jersey last summer I found a copy on DVD in the Suncoast.

Awesome!
"They're not on our network!"

SoldierHeavyMuscle

Post by SoldierHeavyMuscle »

let me turn on the wayback machine ok 11 yrs old and i see previews on tv for what i think is the coolest movie in the world, after week's of begging and moaning and bitchin my mom finally agrees to take me to see it! a dble feature "when a stranger calls" and "the warriors" mom hated it but i was hooked!!!
Tried to give the devil my soul...
She said i had nothing to bargain with...

The Game

Post by The Game »

They came many years, I don't remember!
Certainly on television.
PLAY THE GAME

RupertPupkin

Post by RupertPupkin »

First time for me was in 1985 when I was 9 years old. I was at my grandfather's house and he had a tape of it and suggested I watch it so that I could see that being in a gang is the last thing someone would want to do (something I knew already but his intentions were good) Anyway, as I'm watching it, this window guy shows up to replace one of the windows in the living room and after about 5 minutes he says "Isn't this The Warriors? Aren't you a little too young to be watching this?"...which really pissed me off because I was always allowed to watch whatever I wanted...so to make the window guy happy, my grandfather agreed with him and turned the movie off only to continue with it the second the guy left.

Anyway, I totally loved it. It was like a comic book...and I'm not really a huge comic book person but it seemed like a really cool comic with great characters.....then when I was 15 or so, I started smoking pot while I watched it late at night...but that's a whole other chapter in my love affair with this movie.
You know I like travelin too

Lizzie_Chief

Post by Lizzie_Chief »

Shakespeare wrote: She deserved to have "a train" pulled on her!
What does havin a train pulled on someone mean...? Aint heard that term before :oops:

Shakespeare

Post by Shakespeare »

Shakespeare wrote:
She deserved to have "a train" pulled on her!

What does havin a train pulled on someone mean...? Aint heard that term before
It's means to be be gang-raped. When you think about it, it sounds quite painful... I feel quite guilty for saying that now... no girl desreves to have that done to them!
:(

Lizzie_Chief

Post by Lizzie_Chief »

Shakespeare wrote:
It's means to be be gang-raped. When you think about it, it sounds quite painful... I feel quite guilty for saying that now... no girl desreves to have that done to them!
:(
Ah! Thanks for clearin that up! That does sound painful :x

Shakespeare

Post by Shakespeare »

no troubles, bubbles!