First Time You Saw The Warriors

Leave your comments and messages about the 1979 cult movie.
justin

Post by justin »

Talk about the first time you saw the warriors state why,when and where.

Hippy

Post by Hippy »

I saw it at my house as a kid at 13 I heard of it a long time ago and sawe it but never knew what the movie was so I watched it and well became a fan!
Always be awhile, Not here much so don\'t expect much of a response

justin

Post by justin »

Same for me.

snowball fury

Post by snowball fury »

I had seen it along time ago maybe like 12 or so years ago then my friend told me to watch it with him because he loves the movie. So I was lucky enough to see the extra clips the first time I really remember seeing it about 4 years ago in New Jrersey. I thought that this movie was awesome.
We're going in there like everybody else nine guys no weapons

BigMike7

Post by BigMike7 »

I cant remember the first time, it was a long time ago. But I always remembered the music and the Furies chase scene. I bought the video years later and it is a classic movie...
"I think they forgot about the truce!"

justin

Post by justin »

the first time i saw it i was smoking marijuina with some college buddies
we were so high when they showed the high hats my buddy went and his room and got out a hat like the ones they were wearing we were smoking some serious stuff i think it was laced because we were running around putting on face paint waving baseball bats and knives at each other acting like we were one of the gangs in the movie those were the good old days before i got married.

wonderwheel

Post by wonderwheel »

I think it was a late night cable movie one weekend. It was quite some time after the movie was released in theatres. Back then the time-span between theatrical release and video release was quite long.
Darn, I think it was a Beta format as well!!!

adios,
"Who are the Warriors? There must be some word?"

AMADAIN

Post by AMADAIN »

About 10 years ago my mother rented it out for me. She told me when it came out in 79, the whole town went warrior crazy. Everyone wanted to be Ajax or Swan!
You guys are good.....reeeeeaal good.

The best.

Rembrandt

Post by Rembrandt »

My dad told me to watch it on foxtel!
Rembrandt

warriorchick

Post by warriorchick »

I was 20 and saw it at the drive-in when it was first released. The next day I told my best friend how awesome the movie was. We packed up the car with goodies and went back to the drive-in. We were both hooked. We'd go to the theatre on the weekends, buy a ticket for the noon show and just stay all day, sitting through all the showings!

We live far from each other now but every year when she comes to visit or I go to see her, we always have our 'Warrior" night. We know all the lines so sometimes we do a "Rocky Horror" participation night. We've even made up drinking games to go with the movie!!

The Green Meanie

Post by The Green Meanie »

justin wrote:the first time i saw it i was smoking marijuina with some college buddies
we were so high when they showed the high hats my buddy went and his room and got out a hat like the ones they were wearing we were smoking some serious stuff i think it was laced because we were running around putting on face paint waving baseball bats and knives at each other acting like we were one of the gangs in the movie those were the good old days before i got married.

Horray for college students.
[b][url=http://www.illmitch.com]Ill Mitch is STILL MITCH[/url][/b]
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v214/thegreenmeanie/LJ%20Stuff/ILLMitchMic.gif[/img]

Cowboy

Post by Cowboy »

I first seen the movie like 7 years ago and I vaiguely remembered it.
Then I seen it in a DVD store and bought it.
I watch it like all the time now! :)
Those cats didn't look to chicken sh*t to me.

Cyrus

Post by Cyrus »

I saw it about 3 years ago on TNN (spike tv now), i just saw the preview for it(just a bunch of guys with brown vest and afros, i thought it looked wierd.) and my friends brother said it was good (i was at his house). Of course we laughed our asses off at the luther clicking the bottles part and imitated it for about 20 minutes after it ended. But now thats not that great anymore, for some reason it lost its spark. Then ironically a week later we were at the mall and we saw t-shirts at this store that alternates stock monthly. So we are lucky.

Irishfan

Post by Irishfan »

I was about 9 years old and channel surfing and I tuned into The Warriors on BBC2 i only saw it from just after The Warriors getting past The Orphans but I was hooked mainly by the Bizzare music and gang Outfits. About A Year later I saw the movie in its full glory. A fews later I bought the video and a few years after that i bought the D.V.D.
When we see the ocean we figure were home, were safe.

starcat the cosmic toker

Post by starcat the cosmic toker »

hanging out with my friends in KY... gettin high and watching the warriors before i was old enough to have the worries of the world in my head
I LOVE THIS MOVIE!!!!! AJAX IS DA MAN