Rembrandt....completely useless?

Leave your comments and messages about the 1979 cult movie.
run_fury_run

Post by run_fury_run »

Not to be a complete jerk, but how did Rembrandt EVER earn his vest?

He looks like he's about to cry during the meeting riot, he whines about being in a graveyard, doesn't like the Lizzies, gets socked by a Punk and stays down cowering.
I dunno, but I saw Vermin get thrown into a window and that dude still gets up. MERCY is biting fools and breaking off bottles.

I wonder how that little guy ever fit in with the warriors seeing how soft around the edges he is. It certainly isn't his toughness or great skill with grafitti...must be someone's little brother.
"Run Furies RUN!"

[img]http://home.socal.rr.com/rpalacios/fury.gif[/img]

Riff

Post by Riff »

I always thought the same thing, especially after seeing the altenate beginning where Cleon says the nine have been selected from 120, so that makes them special!

Rembrandt was wet for most of the film, so it wasnt for his fighting skills. Like you say he wasnt great at graffitti either, anyone could spray a 'W'.

I thought the same of Cowboy as well, he wasnt exactly great, but he did get involved in the fight with the punks.

All the others I can see why they were selected, they could have a fight, and Fox was smart so useful in that respect.
Who are The Warriors, there must be some word...

BTW A.K.A the killer household appliance
Soldier The Middle
Soldier The Middle

Post by BTW A.K.A the killer household appliance »

rembradt and vermin are the two warriors that are useless i think. and cowboy is a very useful member of the warriors, hes got everybodys back.

Riff

Post by Riff »

Yeah maybe Cowboy was level headed and smart, so was good to have around if anybody did something stupid. But be honest you wouldnt want to be stuck with just him when it came to a fight, I would pick most of the others over him, except Rembrandt. LOL

Disagree with Vermin, he had some fight in him.

Cowboy: If we are wearing our colours we cant hide.

Vermin: Who wants to hide!
Who are The Warriors, there must be some word...

Soldier The Middle
Soldier The Middle

Riff wrote:Yeah maybe Cowboy was level headed and smart, so was good to have around if anybody did something stupid. But be honest you wouldnt want to be stuck with just him when it came to a fight, I would pick most of the others over him, except Rembrandt. LOL

Disagree with Vermin, he had some fight in him.

Cowboy: If we are wearing our colours we cant hide.

Vermin: Who wants to hide!
okay you want my reasons? watch the punks fight, after vermin is thrown at the window we dont see him for the rest of the fight, hes one of those guys who makes me say, what did he ever do for the warriors.same with rembradt. :)

SkateXer99

Post by SkateXer99 »

You can't tell if Vermin was knocked down until the end of the fight. You never saw him after he was thrown into the mirror.

Soldier The Middle
Soldier The Middle

SkateXer99 wrote:You never saw him after he was thrown into the mirror.
because he was knocked down, end of story.

Gaelicmaiden

Post by Gaelicmaiden »

Rembrandt is the youngest, so it doesn't surprise me that he may not be as constantly ready for a bit of sex and violence as some of the older members. But I don't think he's useless, as if it wasn't for him, the Lizzies probably would have taken Cochise and Vermin down.

ETA: But yeah, I did think it was weird that he stayed down for most of the fight with the Punks. At first I thought it had something to do with his injury from the Lizzies, but it wasn't that bad to keep him incapacitated (or so I thought).

emissary
Scout
Scout

Post by emissary »

Fox was a dork. I don't care what he knew about the Orphans. Rembrandt would kick his ass in a fight. Cowboy was the worst fighter. A nice guy, a team player but a lousy fighter.
"When we see the ocean we figure we're home, we're safe."

Soldier The Middle
Soldier The Middle

emissary wrote:Fox was a dork. I don't care what he knew about the Orphans. Rembrandt would kick his ass in a fight. Cowboy was the worst fighter. A nice guy, a team player but a lousy fighter.
when was the last time you watched the warriors emissary? i mean, you know really carefully :cowboy: :thefox: :rembrandt: ?

War Chief
Administrator
Administrator

Post by War Chief »

bobo the warrior wrote:
SkateXer99 wrote:You never saw him after he was thrown into the mirror.
because he was knocked down, end of story.
You can hear Mercy shout Vermin. She was obviously good with remembering names! :D
The one and only!

The Fox

Post by The Fox »

emissary wrote:Fox was a dork. I don't care what he knew about the Orphans. Rembrandt would kick his ass in a fight. Cowboy was the worst fighter. A nice guy, a team player but a lousy fighter.
Change the record..................
[align=center][img]http://www.duallegacy.com/toon/linkfile/images/thefox.jpg[/img][/align]

its_all_our_turf

Post by its_all_our_turf »

As you no doubt recall, Rembrandt's dad owns a hardware store, so Rembrandt got a discount on spray paint. When you have to hit everything in sight, to let people know that the Warriors were there, that can become costly. Besides, maybe he is the only one who knows how to write a W.
"We need to come to this part of town more often."

MrVess

Re: Rembrandt....completely useless?

Post by MrVess »

As I said elsewhere, Rembrandt is the only Warrior who uses his brain rather than his head during the Lizzies encounter.

Harley

Post by Harley »

Why must everyone pick on poor Rembrandt!