Prom couples

Leave your comments and messages about the 1979 cult movie.
Coney Island Baby

Prom couples

Post by Coney Island Baby »

When people list all the different gangs in the movie, they always forget to mention the two prom couples who get on the train at the end. I call them the Yuppies. Who would of liked to of seen the Warriors fight the Yuppies. That would've been funny. Even Rembrandt would've kicked ass in that fight.
Last edited by Coney Island Baby on Sat Dec 11, 2004 12:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

starcat the cosmic toker

Prom couples

Post by starcat the cosmic toker »

they were too scared to fight
I LOVE THIS MOVIE!!!!! AJAX IS DA MAN

snowball fury

Prom couples

Post by snowball fury »

Wasn't that movie supposed to be in July? Why was there a prom in July? That 1 guy looked like he was going to piss himself when he realized that the Warriors were in the car with them.
We're going in there like everybody else nine guys no weapons

Coney Island Baby

Prom couples

Post by Coney Island Baby »

That's one of the deeper moments in the film. It's like the two groups are from different galaxies. I love it when Mercy shuts her eyes, then when she opens them again the two prom couples are gone.

Angela

Prom couples

Post by Angela »

I guess the prom couples couldn't afford a limosine that night, but they were a good addition to the film. They were care free and innocent. I think deep down Mercy would've liked to feel that way, even though I think a part of her liked being a bad girl!
Are you just gonna let any army walk in any time they feel like it?  Pretty soon every gang is just gonna boogie right in, soldier right through.

back2coney

Prom couples

Post by back2coney »

Yes it is a great moment in the film, i like the idea of a prom gang...but i prefer the social parallel.
" Real tough mothers ain't ya! "

[img]http://looksy.co.uk/files/images/rare22_1_0.jpg[/img]

skt4477

Prom couples

Post by skt4477 »

I could see they were intimidated by the Warriors, but I think at that point, the Warriors and Mercy were just too tired to fight anyone else. I think the Warriors looked at those two couples with envy and wished they had the same innocence as them.

On a lighter note, I like the part when Mercy was playing with her hair in a flirty way to the two yuppies and Swan took her hand down and nonverbally told her "I don't think so."
[i]Now crawl on by with a fake tear in your eye and think "Isn't he strange?".[/i]

Type O Negative: Who Will Save the Sane?

Ranchgal

Prom couples

Post by Ranchgal »

snowball fury wrote:Wasn't that movie supposed to be in July? Why was there a prom in July? That 1 guy looked like he was going to piss himself when he realized that the Warriors were in the car with them.

I never really felt that prom was necessarily the thing.
I always thought they were coming back from a reception of some sort, probably wedding.

warriorchick

Prom couples

Post by warriorchick »

skt4477 wrote:I could see they were intimidated by the Warriors, but I think at that point, the Warriors and Mercy were just too tired to fight anyone else. I think the Warriors looked at those two couples with envy and wished they had the same innocence as them.

On a lighter note, I like the part when Mercy was playing with her hair in a flirty way to the two yuppies and Swan took her hand down and nonverbally told her "I don't think so."
i never thought mercy was flirting with anyone. it seemed to me that mercy felt very inferior and was comparing herself to the other two girls. maybe wishing she could have gone to her prom or wishing she had a nice clean dress on. mercy gets embarrassed because she's all dirty and a mess, maybe she wonders if swan is comparing her to the prom girls. she starts to straighten up her hair --- swan pushes her hand down as if to say, 'you have nothing to be embarrassed about, you're as good as they are.'

Ranchgal

Prom couples

Post by Ranchgal »

I agree Warriorchick, that was always my feeling too---Swan never apologized for who/what he was--and he wouldn't let her either-even if they knew they would never get to look like that or be like that-I always get a real sense of pride in those two when I watch that scene. That is the one time when they start to bond enough to feel like they could be something to each other.

And when you watch the couples, I get a sense that that is what they see too--and that boy is imagining what must have happened to them to get them all looking like that---and while I don't get pity from him, I do get empathy, and some understanding to appreciate what he has-cause there but for the grace of god goes any of us.

warriorchick

Prom couples

Post by warriorchick »

yes! that shows what a real 'class act' swan was. it's one of my favorite scenes in the movie.

I SHOT CYRUS

Prom couples

Post by I SHOT CYRUS »

GANG?, WHAT!
ILL SHOVE THAT BAT UP YOUR ASS AND TURN YOU INTO A POPSICLE!

Ranchgal

Prom couples

Post by Ranchgal »

use your imagination--there was NO "prom gang" LOL :lol: :lol:

I SHOT CYRUS

Prom couples

Post by I SHOT CYRUS »

:D I Know It Was Two Couples Of Randoms, What They Would Be Doing At Around 4.00am On A Subway When (As So Many People Put It, At A Time When N Y C, Wasnt Safe To Walk) Is Past Me :? :D
ILL SHOVE THAT BAT UP YOUR ASS AND TURN YOU INTO A POPSICLE!

Kujo_87

Re: Prom couples

Post by Kujo_87 »

Scurvy Dog wrote:
Ranchgal wrote: And when you watch the couples, I get a sense that that is what they see too--and that boy is imagining what must have happened to them to get them all looking like that---and while I don't get pity from him, I do get empathy, and some understanding to appreciate what he has-cause there but for the grace of god goes any of us.
I caught the empathy vibe too, with one exception: the girl in the green dress (whom I picture as being called "Missy"). Her date, "Vaughan", seemed to have compassion, as did the other couple "Chad and Kristin", but "Missy" seemed more uncomfortable and almost faulting of Swan and Mercy for faulting "her perfect night".

Anyone else catch that?
Yea, I always thought that look she gave them was blaming them for ruining her night, like it was their fualt for just existing. I don't think the "Vuaghan" or the other couple felt compassion, I think they just wanted to get off the train as soon as possible when they realized they were sitting in a train with a street gang. The look Swan gives them when he stops Mercy's hand comes off as sort of a warning to me, if "Missy" would've opened her mouth I think they would've regreted it. Another thing, when the couples are leaving the train, it kinda sounds like one of the girls says "can you believe that?' and one of the dudes says "that was close". 
[img]http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/8223/sig22ih.png[/img]
                         GO GET IT