What are some "little" things in the film you like

Leave your comments and messages about the 1979 cult movie.
StevenFallonNYC

Post by StevenFallonNYC »

I mean some of these things aren't going to be of the "obvious" kind, just some little things you may have picked up while watching The Warriors over and over again. To me, these things make the movie.

For instance, here's a few of mine off the top of my head...

I like Snow's smile out of the subway car window when The Warriors are pulling away from the AC's.

Swan and Mercy's looks at Ajax after Ajax says to Mercy, "So what about you?"

The hockey stick blades in the air when The Riffs are on the beach.

The Riff at the end who is always on the right side of the screen, looking left with a mean face on. He's pretty cool LOL!

Mercy's sexy laugh and smile to the Orphan's leader.

Mercy's look of obvious excitement knowing she caused trouble between Swan and The Orphan's leader.

After being asked "so who stopped ya?" by Mercy, The Orphan's leader glances at Swan to see if Swan is watching him, which of course Swan is giving him a great stare.

Snow putting his hand on Cowboy's shoulder when Cowboy looked like he was going to go to Ajax and the cops.

Cochise's "whee!" after he and Ajax hit each other in the subway car after they get away from the ACs.

And there's more of course, when I think of them! I think these little subtle (and sometime not so subtle) things are a big reason why this film is just so darn good. How about you guys and gals?
Big Cyrus. He was gonna run the whole city...what crap that was.

warriorchick

Post by warriorchick »

my favorite one, of many, happens when swan & fox are parlaying with the orphans. after the orphan with the clipping says they don't have a youth worker and fox says, 'that must be because you guys are so bad they're afraid of you.' then they look at each other like 'yea right'! :roll: that exchange is priceless!!!

warriorchick

Post by warriorchick »

oh i forgot! this is my second favorite - when swan & mercy are on the train heading back to CI. after the prom couples get on and everyone checks everyone else out, mercy starts to feel embarrassed about how dirty and nasty she looks compared to the other girls. she goes to fix her hair and swan grabs her hand and puts it back in her lap. i think that makes swan look so classy

War Chief
Administrator
Administrator

Post by War Chief »

I like it when they steal Cowboys hat on the train. Shows a lighter side to Ajax, and one where he actually smiles!
The one and only!

skt4477

Post by skt4477 »

I like the scene where a Furie is just gingerly standing there watching the fight and Ajax comes up to him and hits him. Ajax is a crazy son-of-a-bitch.
[i]Now crawl on by with a fake tear in your eye and think "Isn't he strange?".[/i]

Type O Negative: Who Will Save the Sane?

Snow

Post by Snow »

I like it when Cochise says "Hey,Hey,Hey" when they see the lizzies
" We're goin' in there like everybody else, nine guys, no weapons!"

SoldierHeavyMuscle

Post by SoldierHeavyMuscle »

one of the best lines in the movie, when mercy comes walking down the stairs, "ya know what that is don't ya?" "yep, trouble!" no truer word's ever said, come on now, how many of u have been in scrape's because of our sexier more beautiful counterpart's? (no offence ladies) cool power to have!
Tried to give the devil my soul...
She said i had nothing to bargain with...

BigMike7

Post by BigMike7 »

I always liked the sound of the cop and his baton falling down the stairs when Ajax kicks him in the subway chase that splits the group.

And when the cop says, "Mohoney take the uptown."
"I think they forgot about the truce!"

RupertPupkin

Post by RupertPupkin »

I like when Prom guy #2 (if you're going left to right) nods after Swan puts Mercy's hand back down when she kind of nervously fiddles with it. It makes me laugh every time....I also like that stupid little roll Swan does into the headstone at the cemetary to avoid the police helicopter.
You know I like travelin too

tomboy

Post by tomboy »

I kinda like Luther, he acts like an excited kid throughout the whole movie, even whining when the Riffs actually catch him...it's kind of psycho, but the more I watch the more like my little sister he seems...

...I love the look the cop gives Ajax after he takes a baton to his gut while he's cuffed to the bench, like "Do somethin' !"...

...Ajax is so p.o.'d at the lady cop he takes the whole park bench with him when he takes a swing at her...

...that "hell no" look on Rembrandt's face when the Lizzie asks him to dance...

...and especially Swan's face throughout the whole movie--you'd never guess what he is thinking unless he says it!
Despite all my rage, I am still just a rat in a cage...

cyrus7041

Post by cyrus7041 »

I like how the Furies are standing in the street and they are taking their batting practice swings right before they chase the Warriors down the street. The Furies also look cool when they come running over the top of the sidewalk hill.
I know a lot of you aren't too happy about going out on patrol. Just remember this. Out of a street family of 120 plus affiliates, you were chosen for this expedition and that makes you special!

SoldierHeavyMuscle

Post by SoldierHeavyMuscle »

that first fury that leap's the park bench into the park after running down the stairs is pretty pimp!!!
Tried to give the devil my soul...
She said i had nothing to bargain with...

RupertPupkin

Post by RupertPupkin »

I'd also like to add that I like the Turnball AC in my avatar who looks like a bald Gilbert Gottfried on steroids....also, as the camera pans to the right during that Nowhere to Run segment, there's another guy further down..I think he might be the last guy or second to the last guy..he just looks stoned out of his mind as he stares off at nothing.
You know I like travelin too

StevenFallonNYC

cyrus7041 wrote:I like how the Furies are standing in the street and they are taking their batting practice swings right before they chase the Warriors down the street. The Furies also look cool when they come running over the top of the sidewalk hill.
Right on, and to extend on this note, I like the look Ajax gives towards The Furies when The Warriors run right after seeing The Furies come over the hill, and Ajax says "holy s**t"...the look he gives is like he's disappointed and angry they aren't staying to fight.

StevenFallonNYC

Snow wrote:I like it when Cochise says "Hey,Hey,Hey" when they see the lizzies
yeah! and a little later, "little break in the action!"