What are some "little" things in the film you like

Leave your comments and messages about the 1979 cult movie.
Tantive7
Soldier
Soldier

Post by Tantive7 »

Scene: In the Park

Swan: Snow ,with me

They run to the opposite side,as the furies chase Ajax and Cowboy..

Cowboy: I can't make it..
Ajax:You sure?
Cowboy: Yeah.I'm sure..
Ajax:Well Good,sick of running from these wimps!!

And than Ajax,plants one on one of the Furies,and than he say's the classic line!!

Ajax: I'll shove that bat up your ass and Turn you into a popsicle,come on!!!

Than Swan and Snow Flanc them,

That was the bomb!!!! Yo..
[center][img]http://www.duallegacy.com/toon/linkfile/images/lastof7t.jpg[/img][img]http://img109.imageshack.us/img109/6186/bret23bo.gif[/img][url=http://www.myspace.com/tantive7]http://www.myspace.com/tantive7[/url]

Coney Island Baby

Post by Coney Island Baby »

I like the look that Swan and Ajax give each other afterwards, it's somewhere between competitiveness and mutual respect.

cyrus7041

WHO, ARE THE WARRIORS?

Post by cyrus7041 »

I like the scene when Masai comes down the elevator and all the Grammercy Riffs are lined up in the basement. WHO, ARE THE WARRIORS?
I know a lot of you aren't too happy about going out on patrol. Just remember this. Out of a street family of 120 plus affiliates, you were chosen for this expedition and that makes you special!

GonzoNYC

Post by GonzoNYC »

I've always loved the camera pan from the wall with the two speakers down the steps to the Furies' lair and you can see the shadows approaching the doorway before they make their way up the steps. Always wondered if they had their own bats or just picked one off the rack. Would love to know the location of that basement and get some photos.

anto

Post by anto »

3 things:

Right at the start, that gang who are all PAYING on to the subway! I mean, aren't these criminal gangs?

Ajax's "fuckin'a" when he takes the first Fury's bat.

The expression on Rembrandt's face as he's spraying the Punk in the face.

All priceless... :P
What about me? I got the big one...

Johan

Re: What are some "little" things in the film you

Post by Johan »

StevenFallonNYC wrote:I mean some of these things aren't going to be of the "obvious" kind, just some little things you may have picked up while watching The Warriors over and over again. To me, these things make the movie.

The Riff at the end who is always on the right side of the screen, looking left with a mean face on. He's pretty cool LOL!
´

Yeah i hav seen hes face :P Yeah,he looks pretty cool :P
LoL :D
RESIZE!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=JohanKswe

Wonder Wheel

Post by Wonder Wheel »

anto wrote:3 things:

Right at the start, that gang who are all PAYING on to the subway! I mean, aren't these criminal gangs?

Ajax's "fuckin'a" when he takes the first Fury's bat.

The expression on Rembrandt's face as he's spraying the Punk in the face.

All priceless... :P
yeah i always think that-why didn't they leap the barriers if they're so badass :roll:

I do like it later when The Warriors leap em when running from the Turnball Ac's :twisted:

My favourite moment is that bloke who headbutts the wall in the toliet when punched then just after that gets a bat in the guts from Snow which snaps the bat in half 8) Cracks me up every time!

The cops when chasing the Warriors"come back here!"as if! :x

Also like the end with the Warriors on the beach with the wind from the ocean and the bright sunshine-just a total contrast to the darkness of the subway

PunkRockWarrior62

Chucks

Post by PunkRockWarrior62 »

I love when the leader of the Punks checks under all the stalls and then Rembrandt steps down and he's wearing Chucks...Chucks RULE! And then also when Mercy bites the guy in the shoulder. When she breaks the bottle after they get back to Coney, before they face off with the Rogues....it's priceless, cuz she's so determined.
[img]http://badge.facebook.com/badge/1305570079.45.1516069158.png[/img]

PunkRockWarrior62

And also, I love when Ajax looks at Cowboy with an expression of total disgust on his face when Cowboy is cheering for Cyrus...cracks me up every time.
A freaky thing that I noticed was how white the head Fury's teeth were. It looks really weird, these perfect white teeth, against a horrible, Simpsons-yellow face.
[/b]

Ranchgal

Post by Ranchgal »

I think they all paid because everyone was trying to get to the meeting, and they really were not looking for either trouble or undue attention.

Jumping over the styles is a good way to get the cops and security looking FOR you as well as at you--and when they were running from the Turnbulls--they didn't have time to worry about the cops--they had BIGGER problems.

So I think it was mostly a "what is going on right now" thing as to whether they took the time to pay or not.

AND I don't really think alot of these gangs back then were trying to be criminals--bad asses yes--and keeping track of their own--definately---but I don't think they went around looking for laws to break as much as trouble seems to find enough of them enough of the time. just my thought on it.

War Chief
Administrator
Administrator

Post by War Chief »

I watched the movie Saturday night and right after Ajax gets busted when Cowboy and Snow return to the scene, it was almost as if Cowboy was going to run and help, but Snow puts his hand on his shoulder. This shows a lot as it indicates that cowboy got on well with Ajax, back in Coney. When Fox got killed off, Swan didn't even bat an eyelid!
The one and only!

Nite Run

Post by Nite Run »

-The Scene when the Rogues took a small break at the Candy store..now if I am not mistaken, I think the Rogue chucked out Hershey's Plain Chocolate and Bit O honey Bars to the rest of the Rogues..lol..you'd think they's grab a beer or 2...but I guess fighting gangs need some sugar to keep them going all nite long...

-The Scene when the Turnbull's are running up the subway stairs to get to the Warriors..there is a guy coming down who looks like he is gonna poop his pants..lol.he is like "um wait..wait..um..hold it..hold it....argghghghghghghgh!"..lol

-The Scene when Masai is talking to the RIFFS in their garage after Cyrus has been killed...I don't know, but one of those RIFFS looks a lot like Meadowlark Lemon of Harlem Globetrotters fame..lol..it bugs me out

-My favorite scene as mentioned in another post, is when the Furies are coming up the hill to that awesome music...it looked great..just electric.....very cool..if I had that running at me,  I'd jump in a sewer

-The scene in the beginning when all the gans are shown going to the Big Meeting, there is a scene where one gang member scares this woman standing at a wall...then gets some hi-fives from his brothers..

-The smiles exchanged between Swan and Luther at the end, on the beach...classic...

-The scene where the guy comes to tell Masai he saw who really shot Cyrus, that poor guy looked so nervous..he probably thought he would get jumped for not telling them sooner..and wasting their night

-And last but not least, the scene when the Warriors are going through Orphan Territory and are being made, there is this idiot Orphan on the roof smiling like "we got you guys now..hahaha"..what a total moron...lol..litle did he know there was a nice Molotov Cocktail waiting for him and his Green Shirts...lol..peace.
Last edited by Nite Run on Sat Feb 28, 2009 9:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
[img]http://i40.tinypic.com/2jbk2ef.jpg[/img]

Johan

Post by Johan »

Tantive7 wrote:Scene: In the Park

And than Ajax,plants one on one of the Furies,and than he say's the classic line!!

Yeah, and ajax ''fucking'a''
RESIZE!!!!

Johan

Post by Johan »

Tantive7 wrote:Scene: In the Park

Yeah, and ajax ''fucking'a'' sorry for the swearing. :wink:
RESIZE!!!!

PunkRockWarrior62

One thing I noticed, when Masai is yelleing about sending the word and all that, there's one riff, I think he's wearing a blue robe, and his eybrows are extremely messed up. totally different. It's hilarious, y'all....look for it!