who is luther talking to?

Leave your comments and messages about the 1979 cult movie.
back2coney

Post by back2coney »

On the phone twice in the film Luther is talking to some one....is it his bird or what? :wink:
" Real tough mothers ain't ya! "

[img]http://looksy.co.uk/files/images/rare22_1_0.jpg[/img]

The Fox

Post by The Fox »

Had this one before but that's cool.

I just thought he was checking back home with the rest of the Rougues who didn't go to the meeting.
[align=center][img]http://www.duallegacy.com/toon/linkfile/images/thefox.jpg[/img][/align]

BigMike7

Post by BigMike7 »

"Ya, just checkin in."

"So that's what's goin'on eh."

"This guy Cyrus...had a accident!"

"You take care"
"I think they forgot about the truce!"

Dolewhite80

Post by Dolewhite80 »

jamiepikee (Fox) wrote:Had this one before but that's cool.

I just thought he was checking back home with the rest of the Rougues who didn't go to the meeting.
Thats what I figured too.

Irishfan

Post by Irishfan »

When that was talked about before didn't somebody say something about him talkin to the cops Or even the CIA?
When we see the ocean we figure were home, were safe.

Nite Run

Re: who is luther talking to?

Post by Nite Run »

back2coney wrote:On the phone twice in the film Luther is talking to some one....is it his bird or what? :wink:
well, i always thought he was talking to someone from the Gramercy Riffs..like someone at the Riff's Headquarters, being that the Riffs unleashed the amries of the night on that real wild bunch from Coney..or maybe Luther was talking to his shrink?
[img]http://i40.tinypic.com/2jbk2ef.jpg[/img]

The Fox

Post by The Fox »

Nite Run wrote:
back2coney wrote:On the phone twice in the film Luther is talking to some one....is it his bird or what? :wink:
well, i always thought he was talking to someone from the Gramercy Riffs..like someone at the Riff's Headquarters, being that the Riffs unleashed the amries of the night on that real wild bunch from Coney..or maybe Luther was talking to his shrink?
He wouldn't be telling the Riffs that Cyrus was shot!
[align=center][img]http://www.duallegacy.com/toon/linkfile/images/thefox.jpg[/img][/align]

Nite Run

Post by Nite Run »

jamiepikee (Fox) wrote:
Nite Run wrote:
He wouldn't be telling the Riffs that Cyrus was shot!
oh I know..lol..ofcourse, he would not tell the Riffs that...but it was like he was playing innocent on the phone, like he had no clue what was going on.."yeah..real mess up there..this guy, Cyrus, had an accident or somethin'.....and also, Masai did tell the rest of the Riffs to send out the word to all gangs in their Network that they want the Warriors..dead or alive cause they shot Cyrus...and it seemed to me, that every gang in the city had their radio on..so that's why it looked to me that he was checking in now and then back to Riffs HQ to get the latest developments..otherwise, how would he know that the turnbulls missed their chance?..or that "some 2 bit outift" (the Orphans) messed up too? they don't clearly show that the Rogues were listening to the radio in their car...so I dunno where or from whp they were grting the lstest updates...this seems the only logical way for Luther to find out what was going on..then again, the other poster mentioned that maybe he was calling in on the other Rogues back at home base, who did not attend the meeting, and they were listening to the radio, and giving him updates...lol
[img]http://i40.tinypic.com/2jbk2ef.jpg[/img]

StevenFallonNYC

Post by StevenFallonNYC »

I always thought that Luthor was second-in-command in the Rogues and the real leader of the gang was who he was speaking to on the phone. If it was just a typical Rogue on the phone at their headquarters taking calls Luther wouldn't be talking to him with such respect.
Big Cyrus. He was gonna run the whole city...what crap that was.

The Fox

Post by The Fox »

StevenFallonNYC wrote:I always thought that Luthor was second-in-command in the Rogues and the real leader of the gang was who he was speaking to on the phone. If it was just a typical Rogue on the phone at their headquarters taking calls Luther wouldn't be talking to him with such respect.
I've thought that also but, would have thought the real leader would go to the meeting.

skt4477

Post by skt4477 »

I think Luther was talking to one of the Lizzies. Why else would the Lizzies lure them into their loft and try to kill them?
[i]Now crawl on by with a fake tear in your eye and think "Isn't he strange?".[/i]

Type O Negative: Who Will Save the Sane?

StevenFallonNYC

Post by StevenFallonNYC »

jamiepikee (Fox) wrote:
StevenFallonNYC wrote:I always thought that Luthor was second-in-command in the Rogues and the real leader of the gang was who he was speaking to on the phone. If it was just a typical Rogue on the phone at their headquarters taking calls Luther wouldn't be talking to him with such respect.
I've thought that also but, would have thought the real leader would go to the meeting.
Very true, which makes one wonder why he wasn't there, like maybe he is in a wheelchair being hurt from a past fight, or maybe he's really an old mysterious guy who just kinda finances the gang and leads from the inside lol. It's a good minor thing in the movie I think, the mysterious person on the telephone.
Big Cyrus. He was gonna run the whole city...what crap that was.

SoldierHeavyMuscle

Post by SoldierHeavyMuscle »

i don't think it's that complicated guys, i always thought it was just a random informer, ya know an info guy, just somebody on the streets, that hears everything and always knows the scoop on what's going on in the streets, or i was thinking it might be like a double agent riff that maybe plotted the whole thing with the rogues, who else would have almost all that info everytime luther calls? that would also explain the respect thing luther has on the phone. ohh think about that! :wink:
Tried to give the devil my soul...
She said i had nothing to bargain with...

Amano

Post by Amano »

I always just saw it as someone higher ranking than Luther.

I mean, Luther is cool an all, he just isnt the leader-type. Ya kno?
I really cant see him actually being the No.1 in -Any- gang.

snowball fury

Post by snowball fury »

Luther was talking to his grandmother. He was trying to explain why he missed his curfew. She yelled at him and that's why he took it out on the candy store girl.
We're going in there like everybody else nine guys no weapons