Little things you notice about/in the movie!

Leave your comments and messages about the 1979 cult movie.
Godfather

Re: Little things you notice about/in the movie!

Post by Godfather »

I always try to figure out how many Lizzies are actually shooting, because at first I thought is was one girl but it seems like maybe two.  They just look similar.  Also the gun disappears from the lizzie in the background when coshise hits another with the chair. 
[img]http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o132/godfather1969/GODFATHER-SSIG.jpg[/img]
Made by Hector

WarlordSwan

Post by WarlordSwan »

What about, where the hell did the bullet go that was fired out of Luther's gun?  Right behind Swan were some Warriors and none of them got hit?  :lol:
Jants
http://www.msnusers.com/CostumeFreak/shoebox.msnw

http://com5.runboard.com/brubberhoodofthebat

Mikey Ramone

Post by Mikey Ramone »

I find Ajax's Expression when he's talking with the Lady Cop to be hillarious, But after he sits down :lol:.

Swan Owns All

Post by Swan Owns All »

WarlordSwan wrote: What about, where the hell did the bullet go that was fired out of Luther's gun?  Right behind Swan were some Warriors and none of them got hit?   :lol:

Yeah that's what my mom said when we were watching it. I said he caught it with his teeth :lol: 8)

I find Ajax's Expression when he's talking with the Lady Cop to be hillarious, But after he sits down
Yeah lol it's like he never talked to a lady before in his life......
You Warriors are good, real good.....The Best

adam88

Post by adam88 »

How much more honorable gangs were back than.  I am not condoning there actions, but they kept things to themselves and did not always use weapons.  They fought like men.  You win some, and you lose some, but you always live to fight another day.  They kept away from society and dealt with their own issues. Thats why they called them, the armies of the night.  They had their own world, and reality and lived in secrecy.  Nowadays the gangs rage war, and the innocent are stuck right in the middle.  So I like that element of a whole different society that we are not aware of.

Ninth Delegate

Post by Ninth Delegate »

i was reading an interview with the cast and crew recently and they say that walter hill approaches all his films as if they were a western.  Theres one scene which i think stands out.  Its where swan and fox go to talk to the orphans.  Tom waites has his thumbs in his jeans and a bit of a swagger as if he was john wayne.  I wonder if walter told him to do it that way?
[IMG]http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k70/shaunographic/warriorssig.jpg[/IMG]
Laziness is a skill that must be practiced everyday.

adam88

Post by adam88 »

Good point, its that whole moment of unity that makes them the same but yet different.  Thats why we are so compelled to this movie.

theSleepiLizzie_of_2006

Post by theSleepiLizzie_of_2006 »

I really find it funny during the part when the Warriors are hidden and looking at the Turnball ACs pass by...Snow says who they are...and the look on Ajax's face is priceless when he says "those lousy skinheaded [bad word deleted]s"

theres also the scene in the graveyard...Rembrandt is looking to see if theres a train nearby...somewhere on the right of the screen you can tell that theres train headlights...but later when Rembrandt shouts out "hey you guys the trains right over there" those same headlights are gone...whether that train passed or not wouldn't it have been obvious that theres a train station?
[img]http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q302/SleepiTsu27/Untitled2.jpg[/img]
~this chic is packed...

RaeGhost

Post by RaeGhost »

I have always laughed at the part when one of the Worriors i forget who hits one of the Lizzies with a chair how she falls back. I havn't seen the movie in a while i just remeber that part.

theSleepiLizzie_of_2006

RaeGhost wrote: I have always laughed at the part when one of the Worriors i forget who hits one of the Lizzies with a chair how she falls back. I havn't seen the movie in a while i just remeber that part.
that would be Cochise who hits the Lizzie with the chair...OUCH!!!

thats a good one too...i've noticed that at one moment the Lizzie standing in the back has a gun in her hand..yet the moment that the other Lizzie gets hit with the chair her gun disappears...i think someone mentioned it already here on this thread...Godfather I believe...

i also like how Fox quickly bows his head when Swan says "Fox you come with me"...its like he's obeying his warchief...or saying "yes warchief as you wish" with that bow...i wonder who's idea that was  :D
~this chic is packed...

theSleepiLizzie_of_2006

:mrgreen: hey ho everyone!

okay there are other little things I've noticed that I forgot to mention before...

1.  Ajax really loves to say "Lady"...he mentions Lady many times to the woman in the park ('you feeling alright lady? need alittle help or something lady?...whatever you say lady!...c'mon lady!')...how many more times can he possibly say Lady

2.  Right after the Warriors get on the train with Mercy and after Ajax says "So, what about you?"...the shot is on Mercy and Swan looking at Ajax...however if you look to the back Cowboy looks like he's doing some kind of dance back there...I've noticed this a long time ago

3.  "Uhhmm...You guys really lipped them down for good?" and "yeah, his [bad word deleted] is gonna be ringing for a month?"...yes that might sound like two Warriors...but if you hear really closely it doesn't sound like any of them...the first one sounds too slick and doesn't fit with the way Snow speaks and the second one sounds alittle too tougher than Cochise...am I the only one who realizes this?

4.  There is a gang who is walking in the subway and one of them scares a woman in white...however this is the same guy who is buying the tokens...and if you see closely around the booth the same woman who was scared is in the background...possibly looking at a map or advertisement

5.  The prom couple: the girl in green really looks like she really doesn't know when her part is supposed to come up...she ends up looking right at Mercy alittle earlier than expected before the other three look
~this chic is packed...

Lion

Post by Lion »

RaeGhost wrote: I have always laughed at the part when one of the Worriors i forget who hits one of the Lizzies with a chair how she falls back. I havn't seen the movie in a while i just remeber that part.
Man, read the rules, what are you doing posting on this section?!!!  GEEEEEEZZZZZ  It's not very hard to read, if can type, you can read!!
[img]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b232/METALTANK/squares.jpg[/img]

Fang

Re: Little things you notice about the movie!

Post by Fang »

ajaxismad wrote: the way ajax looks at cowboy when everone is cheering at the meeting
agreeed that was funnny :lol:
theSleepiLizzie_of_2006 wrote: 4.  There is a gang who is walking in the subway and one of them scares a woman in white...however this is the same guy who is buying the tokens...and if you see closely around the booth the same woman who was scared is in the background...possibly looking at a map or advertisement
Nice find
Last edited by Fang on Fri Dec 22, 2006 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
[img]http://www.bballcentral.com/sigs/uploads/50%20Cent%20sig.jpg[/img]

coney77

Post by coney77 »

The bathroom fight scene when Mercy bangs the Punk's head against the bathroom stall. Then she bites his shoulder and makes a moaning sound. I laugh every time I see that.

WildBoy

Post by WildBoy »

The scene where the Furies are chasing the Warriors, I like how the camera captures Ajax looking at Cowboy, notices that he's losing steam, and pats him on the arm to keep going, as those clowns The Furies are gaining on them, and then you see Swan and Snow way in the back coming in the rear...that is one of my favourite scenes in the movie.....that whole sequence gives me that Family feeling that the Yurick book exudes of.

I appreciate the comments about the honour code between gangs at the time, fighting their own battles, and most importantly not employing guns.  That's being tough, fighting it out, that's being a coward, shooting everyone dead.
What's the matter - goin' faggot?