Hidden Metaphors?

Leave your comments and messages about the 1979 cult movie.
$now4Ever

Re: Hidden Metaphors?

Post by $now4Ever »

Kujo_87 wrote: I just finished watching the movie again a few days ago and I noticed some kind of obscure things. One thing I haven't heard anyone mention of (even though people have probably noticed) is in the grave yard scene when Rembrandt is painting the W on that headstone to the right of it is "The Best" written in bubble letters. its kind of faint but u if you haven't seen it, its to the rihgt and a liite bellow the W.

Another thing I've noticed is when the Furies chase starts, if you look to the top of the screen as the Warriors are crossing the street and running by the stand on the curb, you can see the sign for Chase Bank hang off the wall of a building up the intersection. A Chase sign at the beggining of a chase? It helps if you go frame by frame when the Warriors run by the last section of red railing before they cross the intersection. 

Now this one for sure has to be a metaphor. It happens right at the end of the DJ section that takes place after Swan's group lays out the Furies. After she says "stay tuned boppers...stay tuned.", the camera starts panning down a piece of studio equipment w/  7 guages...just like there are seven remaining Warriors at this point. The only thing is, the last guage is burned out and inactive...only minutes before Ajax is arrested in the park after Cochise's group meets the Lizzies.

So, does anybody think these hold signifigane or  :doubt:am I just paying too much attention?

I like that but i didn't see any gauthes where are they?
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img63.imageshack.us/img63/9315/4esigqw4.png[/img][/url]

MiddleMan07
Warrior

Post by MiddleMan07 »

andy_man wrote: NEW METAPHOR

MiddleMan07 and I were watching all the deleted scenes and in the one called "News Flash". In that scene when the it ends it shows a dial; The dial stops on the number 8. At the time of the scene it is right after the Turnbull's chase, after Cleon is wasted.

You guys think this is a metaphor or a conincidence?
Thats was interesting. The dials arent just there for show i guess

Kujo_87

Post by Kujo_87 »

War Chief wrote: I would say there are two more blindingly obvious symbolic things in the movie.

The first is the prom couples and the class divide that is portrayed. This has been discussed before.

The second is when Mercy and Swan are in the subway tunnel and the subway light flashes to red. This is very symbolic as the red light links to the way Mercy lives shall we say (red light district), and I am almost certain that is why that happens in the movie. You could also associate it with them stopping in the tunnel. I do like the way that scene is written, but what gets me is that Swan gives in to his urges and kisses Mercy! :D
Kick ass, War Chief responded to one of my threads! 8) Hey W.C., I was aware of those already so I didn't put them in. I was just lookin' for things that were a little more obscure. But thanx for detailing them for the fans who might not have spotted their symbollic meaning. :D
MiddleMan07 wrote:
andy_man wrote: NEW METAPHOR

MiddleMan07 and I were watching all the deleted scenes and in the one called "News Flash". In that scene when the it ends it shows a dial; The dial stops on the number 8. At the time of the scene it is right after the Turnbull's chase, after Cleon is wasted.

You guys think this is a metaphor or a conincidence?
Thats was interesting. The dials arent just there for show i guess
Hey guys, thanx for pointing that out, I never cuaght that one. I guess proves that the dials were metaphors 8)
[img]http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/8223/sig22ih.png[/img]
                         GO GET IT

Warrior_Swan

Post by Warrior_Swan »

I gotta hand it to you buddy, that is one of the more insightful, brilliant posts I've read in recent memory. Excellent work, and great eyes, my friend. I'd give ya kudos, but I can't...  :lol: You rock, though, for sure.
Nobody lip off... nobody get hot.

Add my film page on myspace.

http://www.myspace.com/box_office_failures

taylor

Post by taylor »

that last one has to mean somthing go calls man... i thought as well when cochise said "we better stay together" and then ajax had just be arrested because he didn't stay together... :| mabey... ?
"the truce... is it still on"

Kujo_87

Post by Kujo_87 »

Warrior_Swan wrote: I gotta hand it to you buddy, that is one of the more insightful, brilliant posts I've read in recent memory. Excellent work, and great eyes, my friend. I'd give ya kudos, but I can't... :lol: You rock, though, for sure.
It's the thought that counts, thanx man :D 8)
taylor wrote: that last one has to mean somthing go calls man... i thought as well when cochise said "we better stay together" and then ajax had just be arrested because he didn't stay together... :| mabey... ?
Yea, all the Warriors who die and get caught are all by themselves, so I guess it something that emphasizes the "warrior code"?
Last edited by Kujo_87 on Tue Jun 13, 2006 4:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
                         GO GET IT

warlord jp

Post by warlord jp »

Yeah i found one too. When luther tells cropsey(theyre looking for the warriors remember) There is a sign behind them that says think.

MiddleMan07
Warrior

Post by MiddleMan07 »

"warrior code"
Funny you say that, I have been working on a magazine for school and I  did an article called "The Warrior Code" kind of a spoof on The Da Vinci Code. I used some of those metaphors with full credit to Kujo. I took the Mona Lisa and put a red W over her  as my cover8)

Ill post it if you guys want

andy_man

Post by andy_man »

MiddleMan07 wrote:
"warrior code"
Funny you say that, I have been working on a magazine for school and I  did an article called "The Warrior Code" kind of a spoof on The Da Vinci Code. I used some of those metaphors with full credit to Kujo. I took the Mona Lisa and put a red W over her  as my cover8)

Yeah, post it. It sounds great!  :D
[img]http://i28.tinypic.com/970k7m.jpg[/img]
IV

Kujo_87

Post by Kujo_87 »

andy_man wrote:
MiddleMan07 wrote:
"warrior code"
Funny you say that, I have been working on a magazine for school and I did an article called "The Warrior Code" kind of a spoof on The Da Vinci Code. I used some of those metaphors with full credit to Kujo. I took the Mona Lisa and put a red W over her as my cover8)

Yeah, post it. It sounds great! :D
Cool 8). I'd also I like to see that :D
                         GO GET IT

goin_CRAZY

Post by goin_CRAZY »

It's a really really really good find, but I doubt they're metaphors. More or less, just symbols symbolizing parts of the film.
THS IS 2 BIG RESIZE IT TO THE CURRENT SIG RULES

vermin76
Heavy Muscle
Heavy Muscle

Post by vermin76 »

this is one interesting thread keep up the good work ;)
[img]http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y79/winniethepooh1611/wrestlers/takersigniture.jpg[/img]
I am the warrior
I serve the death machine
Losers or conquerors
All flash past on my silver screen

Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to kn

emissary
Scout
Scout

Post by emissary »

Good finds.  But Soldier, there is a difference.  I'm very concrete thinking.  I miss metaphors that aren't even hidden.  But you are right about a similar dissecting of the movie.  Yeah, it seems like it's too fine tuned, but as all the surface topics get used up, we've got to dig deeper.  Good Thread
"When we see the ocean we figure we're home, we're safe."

Kujo_87

Post by Kujo_87 »

I made this a while ago and I just want to see what some of the new members think if they haven't seen it yet, or maybe someone has something to add
                         GO GET IT

adam88

Post by adam88 »

I always looked at the most obvious one, and thats the glow of Cyrus.  The way he projects himself, its  as if he is a messenger from God.  Its like he represents some sort of prophet that was meant to enlighten us in a world of struggle and misery.  Just like Jesus, Muhammad, Moses, or the Buddha, etc.  The way he raised his arms, and spread his word, and managed to put most people who would normally murder each other, he put them in a peaceful stage.  than theres the sacrifice that he took just like Dr. King and Ghandi took from their assassins.  So you can see that Cyrus represents some of our religious and spiritual leaders.  Than there comes a sacrifice for every good deed.  Now its up to the people to figure out how they will live without them and carry out their messages.  Just like how Snow, Cochise, and Vermin contemplate on Cyrus in the train at the end.  So you can see the similarities.