Was it the Rogues who killed Cyrus or Luther alone

Leave your comments and messages about the 1979 cult movie.
Hippy

Post by Hippy »

We know tht Luther is a Rogue but my quetsion is did his gang (Back home) Know they were gonna kill cyrus.
Always be awhile, Not here much so don\'t expect much of a response

Coney Island Baby

Post by Coney Island Baby »

The way the Rogues passed the gun one by one down the line to Luther at the big meeting seemed premeditated, like they planned it beforehand. Which kinda supports the theory that Luther wasn't the real leader of the Rogues, maybe the real leader sent Luther to do his dirty work and assassinate Cyrus.

BigJims

Post by BigJims »

Yes, but when asked why he did it by swan his response was "cuz i like doin thing like that"

Dolewhite80

Post by Dolewhite80 »

BigJims wrote:Yes, but when asked why he did it by swan his response was "cuz i like doin thing like that"
True, but the whole group of guys who were there had to know why they were passing the gun. A better question is why didn't Luther have the gun to begin with when they got there. Why risk someone seeing 9 guys passing a gun down?

BigJims

Post by BigJims »

I believe they did that for dramatical reasons

Dolewhite80

Post by Dolewhite80 »

BigJims wrote:I believe they did that for dramatical reasons
Thats what I was thinking too. This raises another important question. If this was a pre-determined thing and all the Rogues knew about it, who was Luther talking to? If Luther was talking to the supposed leader of the Rogues, he would have already known about the setup, but whoever he was talking to, he blamed it on the Warriors.

Thoughts?

Coney Island Baby

The line 'No reason, I just like doing things like that', only means that the Rogues didn't have a motive, it doesn't mean that the shooting of Cyrus wasn't planned.

As for who Luther is talking to on the phone, someone in an earlier post said Luther may of been talking to a female, perhaps one of the Lizzies. I think this could be a possibility. One of the Lizzies did say that their dudes 'went up to the bronx' and then described them as 'lame, real cripples'. Maybe the Rogues were their dudes. I doubt it though, I'm sure the Lizzies were all lesbians with no dudes who pretended to be straight to lure in the Warriors then waste them.
Last edited by Coney Island Baby on Sun May 22, 2005 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Fox

Post by The Fox »

No man in there right mind would want the lizzies so probably forced into being lesbians :lol:
[align=center][img]http://www.duallegacy.com/toon/linkfile/images/thefox.jpg[/img][/align]

Coney Island Baby

And to think that Vermin and Cochise fell for them when they were stone-cold sober!

CiCcone

Post by CiCcone »

because of the way they all passed the gun down i think it was all of them.

Dolewhite80

Post by Dolewhite80 »

CiCcone wrote:because of the way they all passed the gun down i think it was all of them.
Right...so who the hell was Luther talking to on the phone? Obviously it was planned by the Rogues, but on the phone, whoever he was talking to, he blamed it on the Warriors...

LATEM

Post by LATEM »

Dolewhite80 wrote:
CiCcone wrote:because of the way they all passed the gun down i think it was all of them.
Right...so who the hell was Luther talking to on the phone? Obviously it was planned by the Rogues, but on the phone, whoever he was talking to, he blamed it on the Warriors...
Yeah, I know where you're coming from. There is a possible explanation that he is talking to higher sources and not just his social worker.
"This is what we fought all night to get back to?"

[img]http://www.columbia.edu/~jfm3/Guadalajara2.jpg[/img]

Sometime around when [i]The Warriors[/i] came to the big screen...

Ranchgal

Post by Ranchgal »

I am thinking that Luther didn't carry the gun right off because he was too lazy and it would have been obvious---he considers himself too important to be a pack mule.

And though I am sure the Rogues knew he was going to shoot "someone or something to break up the meeting-" I am not so sure that they all knew he would aim for Cyrus---that poor second kept saying he didn't want the Riffs on his ass---he was serious. So I am thinking maybe he had the gun either to get revenge on someone he knew would NOT be armed because of the truce OR just to break the truce to prove what a badass he is--and of course when he shot Cyrus--they had to blame someone, and since Fox saw them==Wariors had to take the fall so that Fox never got a chance to tell anyone the truth about Luther or the Rogues.

warriorchick

Post by warriorchick »

luther wasn't carrying the gun because if they would have been questioned by the cops on the way over, he wouldn't want to be busted for having a weapon. i don't think that the rest of the gang back home knew he was going to shoot cyrus. he's a 'rogue' rogue and he just likes doing things like that. i also think that one of the phone calls went to a female (possibly a lizzy) because of the inflection/tone of his voice. he doesn't speak to other guys that way. it would be a female he likes because at one point, he even yells at the candy store girl.

back2coney

Post by back2coney »

Luther is a pure nutter (acting alone) capable of taking an ozzie to the meeting and taking down everyone...while laughing, don't foget he was about to shoot fox too!
" Real tough mothers ain't ya! "

[img]http://looksy.co.uk/files/images/rare22_1_0.jpg[/img]