***JUST GOT BACK FROM SCREENING***

Leave your comments and messages about the 1979 cult movie.
The Fox

Re: ***JUST GOT BACK FROM SCREENING***

Post by The Fox »

The thing about this whole event was that it was a cash fest not a fan fest.

It was a bunch of people trying to make money. I can kind of understand them charging for the sigs but, at a guess the people who organized the thing probably said that was there payment instead of paying an appearance fee of say $500/$1,000 whatever they could earn (which i agree with).

When the 2009 event is run i will be for the fans not for people to make a load of $$$'s.

I wouldn't pay $20 for a single Auto but, i would pay $20 to attend an event where i could get a load of autos!

Some of you may not agree with what i say but, that's cool 8) :D
[align=center][img]http://www.duallegacy.com/toon/linkfile/images/thefox.jpg[/img][/align]

Kartoon

Post by Kartoon »

The Fox wrote: The thing about this whole event was that it was a cash fest not a fan fest.

It was a bunch of people trying to make money. I can kind of understand them charging for the sigs but, at a guess the people who organized the thing probably said that was there payment instead of paying an appearance fee of say $500/$1,000 whatever they could earn (which i agree with).

When the 2009 event is run i will be for the fans not for people to make a load of $$$'s.

I wouldn't pay $20 for a single Auto but, i would pay $20 to attend an event where i could get a load of autos!

Some of you may not agree with what i say but, that's cool 8) :D

well thates my hope with the 2009 event, and hopfully....theres a select few people who can make that happen :)
[center]
[img]http://www.duallegacy.com/toon/linkfile/feb12banner.jpg[/img]
[img]http://www.duallegacy.com/toon/linkfile/images/1000bar.jpg[/img]

toga220

Post by toga220 »

i think u shouldnt have 2 pay 4 autos cause u pay 2 get in u pay 4 posters and stuff and then these people want money 4 u just 2 meet them. (i mean 4 an auto) so their on tv its not THAT big of a deal they r still just people like all of us but i geuss some people love them so much they will do anything. (its still seems kind of crazy 2 me but thats just my thoughts)
i need some action figures NOW

emissary
Scout
Scout

Post by emissary »

Ok The money they were charging is a legitimate complaint.? But it bothers me to read big disses against the guys.? This place is the only place where their work is really appreciated.? ?I agree with you Mike, about Ajax being Ajax and not James Remar, that's a different person.? But we shouldn't go tearing them apart.? Of course none of these guys is Jack Nicholson or whoever is considered a great actor, but for their Warriors work they should be held in high regard in here.? ?Again, the money was crazy, but they still deserve to be considered stars.?
Last edited by emissary on Sun Aug 06, 2006 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"When we see the ocean we figure we're home, we're safe."

warriors4life2008

Post by warriors4life2008 »

you are so lucky even to see the actors i would have passed out :!: :mrgreen:

kowolski

Post by kowolski »

Correct me if Im wrong,but wouldn't a movie poster signed by say 10 top members of the cast sell for over $200 on Ebay? Why would they let supposed fans collect autos for free and then sell them? I see them for sale all the time on Ebay :doubt: It would be cool if they did it for free but,I can see why they would charge.

[img]http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg158/kowolski1970/cad55a.gif[/img]