Would the Furies ever be the same?

Leave your comments and messages about the 1979 cult movie.
KillerMime

Would the Furies ever be the same?

Post by KillerMime »

Do you think the Furies as a gang would ever be the same after the beating they took from the Warriors?  I mean, seeing as how it was 9 furies against 3 warriors(after cowboy got put to sleep).  The Furies all had bats, they were on their home turf, and they still got destroyed. 

Do you think after they woke up in the park, they'd say "Guys, maybe we're not too good at this boppin stuff after all."  I mean, at the least their reputation as a heavy set took a huge hit.
[img]http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g145/crypto17/ohs07.jpg[/img]

cowboy rules

Re: Would the Furies ever be the same?

Post by cowboy rules »

Well I know that if I was a gang leader round about Riverside, I'd attack them straight away. Their morale would be real low, and therefore wouldnt be as confident. Good topic btw  ;)
[img]http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c238/stevend06/resiz1.jpg[/img]
[img]http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c238/stevend06/Untitled-2.gif[/img]

"Those were some desperatre dudes! Hey...so was we!!"
"I had sex last night....WITH A GIRL!!!!"

WarlordSwan

Post by WarlordSwan »

Many gangs have had their losses and their wins.. I can guarantee you though (if this was real life) that once the Riffs found out that the Warriors were innocent, they wouldn't allow the Furies or any other gang take revenge on them. 

That's one of the great things about the movie is, in 1 night the Warriors went from being roughly nobody's, to the most known gang outside of the Riffs and built their rep as one of the best boppers out there.  ;)
Jants
http://www.msnusers.com/CostumeFreak/shoebox.msnw

http://com5.runboard.com/brubberhoodofthebat

Oxygen

Post by Oxygen »

They would definitly be scared for life.Noone had even heard of the Warriors and the Furies were supposed to be one of the strongest gangs in the city.But it's a movie after all guys.The baseball furies attacked the warriors one a a time.They could have easily all swung at once,noone would be able to dodge or block 6 baseball bats coming at you.

The Punks got hit by the element of surprise,if you time it right a punch can knock someone out cold if there not expecting it.They at least ganged up on the warriors,one punk holding swan while another socked him in the stomach.

I think the orphans and the lizzies would be the most embaressed,I mean,the lizzies had 2 totally unaware guys with guns practicly to their heads.And they still got away scott free.And the orphans,30 guys with wepons against 8 unarmed guys,and they got scared by the molotov cocktail and sulked away,thats weak,even for them.
We're gonna make it back. We came this far and we're gonna make it the rest of the way!

Swan Owns All

Post by Swan Owns All »

cowboy rules wrote: Well I know that if I was a gang leader round about Riverside, I'd attack them straight away. Their morale would be real low, and therefore wouldnt be as confident. Good topic btw  ;)
True. Any upcoming gang would probably be able to take them out after that. I think the furies would slowly just have to work their way back up to the big leagues. 8)
You Warriors are good, real good.....The Best

All Grown Up

Post by All Grown Up »

Its all about the reps, and what the warriors did was not just beat down the furies, but the punks, orphans, they would have beat down the turnbulls if there whole freaking gang was not on that special ed bus. And they where close to bopping the rogues as well. So they Deffinately earned there rep that night, not just by kicking the Furies buts, but everyone elses as well.
[img]http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f381/the10thwarrior/shaunofthedead.jpg?t=1175305134[/img]

prozium

Post by prozium »

I think all the gangs have had some bad losses. With the amount of gangs and rumbles that must be going on I'd say most gangs have screwed up every now and then. I don't think one rumble gone bad is enough to break the Furies. IMO they were just overconfident, you can see how sure of himself the Furies leader is when he's doing his little bat trick to Ajax, only to get his ass kicked.

Would it hit their morale hard? Yeah. Would it break them? No.
SUPER HAPPY PINEAPPLE MAN!

PLEASE RESIZE YOUR SIG TO THE CURRENT RULES

[img]http://www.marconelweb.it/thewarriors1979/images/UserBar/userbar_Punks.jpg[/img]

swan_jax

Post by swan_jax »

if i was a furry i'd think i was a wimp. not just me the whole gang.

wolverine_95

Post by wolverine_95 »

What we need to ask ourselves here it who were the Furies that fought in that scene. If The Furies best went up to The Conclave then they could be in Jail or stuck somewhere in The Bronx when that fight went down. Not to diminish the acheivment of The Warriors, but it's possible the Furies we see aren't the best of the bunch and so the rep of the whole gang might not be damaged by their poor showing. If anything those who were racked were austrocized or otherwise punished and the gang gets stronger for it.
[align=center][img]http://static.flickr.com/55/137967009_693820d686_o.jpg[/img][/align][align=center]My mountain bike's name is Heavy Muscle[/align]

katgrrrl

Post by katgrrrl »

KillerMime wrote: Do you think the Furies as a gang would ever be the same after the beating they took from the Warriors?  I mean, seeing as how it was 9 furies against 3 warriors(after cowboy got put to sleep).  The Furies all had bats, they were on their home turf, and they still got destroyed. 

Do you think after they woke up in the park, they'd say "Guys, maybe we're not too good at this boppin stuff after all."  I mean, at the least their reputation as a heavy set took a huge hit.
Too funny, Killer Mime :lol:
He's right, we're acting like f*gg*ts!

Truro Warrior

Post by Truro Warrior »

i think the furies would keep fighting

War Chief
Administrator
Administrator

Post by War Chief »

Good topic. I think they'd have to seriously increase their rep after being humiliated on the radio. Perhaps they would have put up some burners around the place or stormed some nearby turf to show how tough they are.
The one and only!

LIPPY

Post by LIPPY »

War Chief wrote: Good topic. I think they'd have to seriously increase their rep after being humiliated on the radio. Perhaps they would have put up some burners around the place or stormed some nearby turf to show how tough they are.
Cool. Almost as if to reassure themselves that they were still not a set to be messed with... I don't think it would've taken them long to get back the status they had though...
I'd like to think they took out any gangs that came to give them hassle about 'dropping the ball'!
Hold your tongue...

turnbull_badger

Post by turnbull_badger »

It would take a long time to get their rep back, i mean c'mon being beaten by 3 warriors. All the other gangs like the Turnbulls and The saracens would be mocking them, saying how weak they are, but eventually i think they would regain their rep.
[img]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j189/turnbull123/turnballbadger.jpg[/img]

cobb

Post by cobb »

swan_jax wrote: if i was a furry i'd think i was a wimp. not just me the whole gang.
yeah me too I would be like man we suck lets hit the gym and walk off in shame :doubt:
ahh!!!! fuzzy things!!!!