The Lizzies 'surprise'... Did YOU see it coming?

Leave your comments and messages about the 1979 cult movie.
LIPPY

The Lizzies 'surprise'... Did YOU see it coming?

Post by LIPPY »

I was just listening to 'You're Movin' Too Slow' from the soundtrack and it got me thinking about the first time watching the Warriors, and how Cochise and co. first bumped into the Lizzies at the bottom of those stairs...

Now, What I want to know is, what were YOUR feelings / suspicions / initial reactions when our boys left the station with those girls and went back to their hangout? How did you see it playing out the first time round?

Hmmm....
Hold your tongue...

stevo2k6

Re: The Lizzies 'surprise'... Did YOU see it coming?

Post by stevo2k6 »

i thought that it was obvious that it was a trap i mean every gang was after them that must include the lizzies, so i had a feeling it was a trap all along
S.Ritson

adam88

Post by adam88 »

yeah, its not that I am trying to say that i am so smart or any thing, but when first watching the movie, I had this whole nervous and exciting feeling that any obstacle was just around the corner waiting to test the warriors.  So basically, I think we all had to be ready and prepared for the unexpected.  Lets face it every aspect of the movie was misleading.  You could not help but know something was going to happen.  Good question.

War Chief
Administrator
Administrator

Post by War Chief »

Hey, this is a great question. Something original to the movie!  :D I have to agree with Adam in that I knew something was going to happen. I'm pretty sure that at first I thought they were cool, and was half expecting their blokes to turn up later and bust their heads (either by returning from the meeting, or after the girls called them in some way to tell them they were there). When you see the close ups of their faces right before they make their move I knew it would be trouble. After witnessing how certain members had been removed from the gang already, I was half expecting at least one to get caught out. I really liked these guys and hoped they would escape. During the slow motion of themcrashing through the door I thought at least one had been shot. That's the beauty of watching the film for the first time, you really want them all to survive, and it made these encounters more exciting. It's still great watching it now, but you don't get that same buzz! It's been a while since I have watched a film where I have wanted certain characters to survive. Actually, I don't think there has been since I saw The Warriors for the first time 6-7 years ago!  :D
The one and only!

Vermin/Swan

Post by Vermin/Swan »

I just thought "When I got off that subway, I thought: Baby throw it my wat". :D
No, but I thought a bit that they must have something to do with the Riffs message, but I wasn't sure. But it turned out to be like that ;)
Vermin: "Hurt me, hurt me"

LIPPY

Post by LIPPY »

I wasn't too sure until I heard that one Lizzie say: "Reeeeaaal cripples", real crafty like when asked the whereabouts of their guys. That's when I knew these girls were definitely up to something...
War Chief wrote: I'm pretty sure that at first I thought they were cool, and was half expecting their blokes to turn up later and bust their heads (either by returning from the meeting, or after the girls called them in some way to tell them they were there).
That's exactly what I thought was going to happen... the door crashes open and in storm the 'dudes'  :lol:.

And like you, on that slow-mo bit I thought Vermin had caught a hot one as he went through the door... the way he sort of ducks down threw me at first. Praise the lard that he got out safely.  :D
Last edited by LIPPY on Thu Jan 11, 2007 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hold your tongue...

trixter468

Post by trixter468 »

Well, we didn't KNOW the were a gang, but they did have matching shirts on. So we could kind of guessed. Thats what I thought when I first saw the movie.
[img]http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2411/2237788641_1dd5356a28_o.gif[/img]

Fang

Post by Fang »

War Chief wrote: Half expecting their blokes to turn up later and bust their heads (either by returning from the meeting, or after the girls called them in some way to tell them they were there).
Thats what my initial reaction was going to be
[img]http://www.bballcentral.com/sigs/uploads/50%20Cent%20sig.jpg[/img]

back2coney

Post by back2coney »

I think I kind of new as they were walking back from the subway, there was something suspicious about the lead lady - I didn't know what was going to happen, maybe 'the dudes' would be there waiting for them or something. However when they first spot them, I guess I didn't really think much except - that's a stroke of luck!
" Real tough mothers ain't ya! "

[img]http://looksy.co.uk/files/images/rare22_1_0.jpg[/img]

FuriesWarlord

Post by FuriesWarlord »

I don't remember what my initial reaction really was.  I was 10 years old when I first saw the movie in 1980.  I probably thought "yuck, girls."  As I got older, I thought about Vermin, and how he told Ajax that Ajax "has a one track mind," when referring to meeting some strange wool.  Now, here's Vermin, thinking of nothing other than laying a little something on the way back.  :twisted:
"I want them alive if possible, if not - wasted.  But I want them."

Ninth Delegate

Post by Ninth Delegate »

The first time i watched the film back in the early 80's, i was a bit too young and a little naive to realise anything bad was going to happen.

When i watch the film now, and knowing what i know of sol yuricks, and to a certain extent, walter hills inspired moments of greek mythology; i liken the lizzies to the sirens. Seemingly innocent and alluring to the wary traveler, yet deadly and homicidal.
[IMG]http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k70/shaunographic/warriorssig.jpg[/IMG]
Laziness is a skill that must be practiced everyday.

prozium

Post by prozium »

Well, I had already read on this site actually, about the lizzies before I saw the movie. So I knew it was coming but it was still exciting to see ^__^
SUPER HAPPY PINEAPPLE MAN!

PLEASE RESIZE YOUR SIG TO THE CURRENT RULES

[img]http://www.marconelweb.it/thewarriors1979/images/UserBar/userbar_Punks.jpg[/img]

Cowboy79
Soldier The Middle
Soldier The Middle

Post by Cowboy79 »

This is a good question, when I first saw the movie I had a little suspicion that they were going to eventually try and take out Rembrandt, Cochise, and Vermind.

Coney Island Baby

Post by Coney Island Baby »

I can't remember exactly how I felt when I first saw that bit, it was a long time ago, but I'm sure I was probably suspicious of them from the outset, but I obviously didn't know exactly what was going to happen. I think we're very much with Rembrandt during that whole subplot, when he's hanging back on the platform, and when he's watching his buddies making out with them, he feels something's not right, and we feel it too.

In the trailer, there's a brief shot of the Lizzies that isn't in the movie, I think it could be them at the meeting, although it's hard to tell. Anyway, this topic kinda tells us why they weren't shown at the meeting in the actual film, Walter Hill probably didn't wanna spoil the surprise later on. If we'd seen them at the meeting, we'd know for sure exactly what their motives were. Although that surprise might have been spoiled for anyone who saw the trailer and remembered it before watching the film.

FuriesWarlord wrote: As I got older, I thought about Vermin, and how he told Ajax that Ajax "has a one track mind," when referring to meeting some strange wool.  Now, here's Vermin, thinking of nothing other than laying a little something on the way back.  :twisted:
I never really thought of that, he can talk, what a hypocrite.
Last edited by Coney Island Baby on Thu Jan 11, 2007 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

War Chief
Administrator
Administrator

Post by War Chief »

Coney Island Baby wrote: In the trailer, there's a brief shot of the Lizzies that isn't in the movie, I think it could be them at the meeting, although it's hard to tell. Anyway, this topic kinda tells us why they weren't shown at the meeting in the actual film, Walter Hill probably didn't wanna spoil the surprise later on. If we'd seen them at the meeting, we'd know for sure exactly what their motives were. Although that surprise might have been spoiled for anyone who saw the trailer and remembered it before watching the film.
I never even figured that out, even though it is obvious! D'oh!  :D Even I learn something new!
The one and only!