Walter Hill's Reflection

Leave your comments and messages about the 1979 cult movie.
War Chief
Administrator
Administrator

Walter Hill's Reflection

Post by War Chief »

I didn't see anyone post this, but is it just me who thinks you can see Walter Hill's reflection in the glass behind Vermin when they are talking about it all being out there and figuring out what is worth stealing?
The one and only!

Dolewhite80

Re: Walter Hill's Reflection

Post by Dolewhite80 »

Got a screen shot?

Coney Island Baby

Post by Coney Island Baby »

I've always wondered who the guy in the glass is. It kinda looks like Cowboy without his hat but a few shots later we see that he's sleeping. Either it is him and it's a continuity goof, or it's a crew member. In which case it could be Walter Hill. But it's hard to tell, it's not clear enough to see whether he has a beard or not and I thought Walter Hill was a bit chunkier than the guy in the glass, but you could be right. It'd be cool if no-one who worked on the film knew who it was and it turned out to be a ghost. :shock:

Vermin/Swan

Post by Vermin/Swan »

Hey!

Hahaha yea, looks like Walter himself in the glass reflection!
Vermin: "Hurt me, hurt me"

adam88

Post by adam88 »

wow, thats a good eye, i guess that why your the War Chief.  The problem is that now that so much time has gone by, and we only have a few shots of Walter Hill in 1979, who knows it could be anyone.  There was a show on a few months ago, that talked about noticeable things in the background, for instance in one of Ted Dansons movies, they thought it was a ghost in the background, but it was just a cardboard cut out of him.  but it is likely that it is Walter Hill.  I am just grateful that you spotted it out, thanks.

Coney Island Baby

Three Men And A Baby is the Ted Danson movie that was said to have a ghost in it. That creeped me out at the time, and even though it's since been explained, it still kinda creeps me out. I like eerie, unexplained things hidden in photos and videos. It'd be good if there was something mysterious like that in the Warriors, but the guy in the glass is probably just one of the crew or Hill himself.

War Chief
Administrator
Administrator

Post by War Chief »

It's hard to screen capture it because you can only really see him in video due to the passing lights in the window, but I'm pretty sure it's him from the pictures on the SE DVD.
The one and only!

JD

Post by JD »

I'd have to agree , i've noticed this as well .

adam88

Post by adam88 »

oh yeah it was three men and a baby.  It is true, when you can't get an answer to something weird, it does make the movie a lot more creepy.  As for the screen capture, it would be hard, because its a spure of the moment thing, unless your an expert with a state of the art computer. But like most of us said, I guess its just simply Walter Hill.

Lion

Post by Lion »

Good one Warchief, I can see him.  I have to slow it down a bit, but yeah you can see him
[img]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b232/METALTANK/squares.jpg[/img]

Coney Island Baby

If it is him, it's one of the most subtle, blink and you'll miss it appearances by a director in one of his own movies. A good bit of Warriors trivia too, and another goof for the collection. You'd think they would of noticed it during the editing. Maybe they did, but they liked the take or it was the only take and they figured the reflection wasn't that noticeable, which it isn't, unless you've analysed every frame like us. It's not the only time we get a glimpse of the crew in the movie, is it?

FuriesWarlord

Post by FuriesWarlord »

When I first say the reflection, I thought it was Swan and attributed it to just another blooper.  But after watching it over time again and again, I thought it had to be Walter Hill.  It reminded me of how Alfred Hitchcock would ocassionally appear in his films.
"I want them alive if possible, if not - wasted.  But I want them."

CleonsChoice

Post by CleonsChoice »

Others will have to corroborate, but I believe we also see Walter Hill at an earlier point in the film. 

During the scene at the "96th Street Station" (really the interior of the Hoyt-Schermerhorn station) when the gang is first split up, several Warriors--I believe Swan, Snow, Ajax, and Cowboy--run into a small crowd of people.  There is a startled couple, a man and a woman, and I've always felt that the man bears a resemblance to Hill.  He is short and a little stocky and wears a cabbie cap just like the one Hill is seen wearing in several production photos.
Last edited by CleonsChoice on Mon Feb 12, 2007 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PowerPaulie

Post by PowerPaulie »

Nice find, I'll check it out!
I can't make it!
You sure?
Yeah, I'm sure.
Good... I'm sick of running from these wimps.

sharker_93

Post by sharker_93 »

good one, Warchief..guess you got an eagle eye too... i would really want to check it out but i can't...why? cause my dad confiscated it from me cause i failed my history exams... :(... and also, just asking, at the scene at the park during the Furies chase, was there some glare on the camera?
[img]http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g165/sharker_93/sig_2nd_stage.jpg[/img]