Swan dodging a Punk?

Leave your comments and messages about the 1979 cult movie.
Godfather

Swan dodging a Punk?

Post by Godfather »

I couldn't find this on the site so... I just noticed that when the warriors are running from the cops in the subway station before they meet the furies, swan is running and does a quick fake move and misses a guy wearing overalls like the Punks.  I was wondering if this guy was a member of the Punks or just some dude in overalls.  Check for yourself.
[img]http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o132/godfather1969/GODFATHER-SSIG.jpg[/img]
Made by Hector

trixter468

Re: Swan dodging a Punk?

Post by trixter468 »

I always wondered that too. When Swan ran past him, it was almost like the dude tried to block him for a second. But then of course Swan spun him out of the way. I guess there's really no way to know for sure, but it is cool to speculate.

I wish there were more topics like this. Where people actually asked about the movie.
[img]http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2411/2237788641_1dd5356a28_o.gif[/img]

Baby Bear

Post by Baby Bear »

I swear I saw a vid on youtube where swan dodged that punk. I can't find it now. Apparently it was a punk first of all The guy was in like in a light purple shirt. If you look closely it looks as if he is trying to stop them for some. Also once you go to the fight scene with the punks and warriors u see the same guy(African American) with a brown kangol hat. As you see he has the same color shirt like the other guy had on earlier.

When you look closely at him he looks mad. He could have been mad because he let swan get away now he is fueled with hate and anger.

swan_jax

Post by swan_jax »

i never noticed  :lol:

Swan 1979

Post by Swan 1979 »

I wonder if it was a punk will never know.
[img]http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc260/swan197/swan1979.jpg[/img]

Baby Bear

Post by Baby Bear »

Swan 1979 wrote: I wonder if it was a punk will never know.
It was a punk.

PowerPaulie

Post by PowerPaulie »

nice find, I'm gonna check it out.
I can't make it!
You sure?
Yeah, I'm sure.
Good... I'm sick of running from these wimps.

stevo2k7

Post by stevo2k7 »

what would a punk be doing in furies turf then it was a normal guy face it! if punks were there then wudnt there have been more than one

Baby Bear

Post by Baby Bear »

stevo2k7 wrote: what would a punk be doing in furies turf then it was a normal guy face it! if punks were there then wudnt there have been more than one
To answer your question The Punks stay inside the subway. I don't think they would come out unless they went to the pub or whatever. Like me I can be part of the Warriors and walk through Manhattan bowery without going into the subway where the punks live. Do they know Im there? No.

The punks can be like groundhogs, they spend most of their time underground. Do you think the furies hangout in the subway? No. They would most like hangout in a park or baseball diamond.

This pretty much answers your question, partner!

WildBoy

Post by WildBoy »

i dont think it was a punk - just some guy walking.  and he sees Swan at the last second - he;s not blocking Swan, he's putting his hands up so that he wont get hit by Swan.
What's the matter - goin' faggot?

Stonerose

Post by Stonerose »

This is crazy. I saw the movie last nigh and I was thinking the same thing. It´s a small world!
But this is a graveyard...

adam88

Post by adam88 »

Yeah, that is a good question.  I never really contemplated on it that much.  I suppose, it was just merely a everyday civilian who had overalls on.  Sometimes I think, that its not a punk, on the count that he's by himself.  You see, if it was two guys wearing overalls, then maybe I would wonder a little bit more on it.

stevo2k7

Post by stevo2k7 »

its a normal guy or he would try to tackle swan,

Nite Run

Post by Nite Run »

yeah this topic was covered a while back, but nothing conclusive came out of it. The guy surely looks like a member of the Punks. What makes me wonder is that since the platform was crawling with cops, and they were looking for all the gangs who attended the meeting, why was he not picked up? hmmm...
[img]http://i40.tinypic.com/2jbk2ef.jpg[/img]

Baby Bear

Post by Baby Bear »

Copperhead wrote:
stevo2k7 wrote: what would a punk be doing in furies turf then it was a normal guy face it! if punks were there then wudnt there have been more than one
To answer your question The Punks stay inside the subway. I don't think they would come out unless they went to the pub or whatever. Like me I can be part of the Warriors and walk through Manhattan bowery without going into the subway where the punks live. Do they know Im there? No.

The punks can be like groundhogs, they spend most of their time underground. Do you think the furies hangout in the subway? No. They would most like hangout in a park or baseball diamond.

This pretty much answers your question, partner!

Did anyone understand me when I said this? This is why I think it was a punk.
Nite Run wrote: yeah this topic was covered a while back, but nothing conclusive came out of it. The guy surely looks like a member of the Punks. What makes me wonder is that since the platform was crawling with cops, and they were looking for all the gangs who attended the meeting, why was he not picked up? hmmm...
He could have passed for a civilan. Back in the 70s and 80s overalls were popular and almost everyone wore them. That answers your question.