what night of the week was it?

Leave your comments and messages about the 1979 cult movie.
stevo2k6

what night of the week was it?

Post by stevo2k6 »

when swan says to mercy " i dont think u remember who u get friday or saturday night", what night do you think the warriors took place, was it just a normal night during week nights for a gang. your thoughts lads
S.Ritson

adam88

Re: what night of the week was it?

Post by adam88 »

Interesting question.  Ounce in a while when I watch any movie, I normally like to guess what day of the week it was, even though its not important.  Sometimes I wonder if the day is rellavent, because in the book it takes plae in the fourth of July, representing a significant day.  But as for thr movie its hard to say.  Normally I just simply like to pick Wednesday, for some reason.  Because Wednesday, represents the middel of the week, and I normally don't like to pick a day, that starts or ends the week.  We really don't know if Cyrus had a really big scheduale plane, or a big deal of significance for the day, but if not I just simply choose the middle of the wee, for no particular reason.  My guess, is that in the realm of gang acticity, the days of the week have no value for them, like it does for us civilians.

ajax the warrior

Post by ajax the warrior »

I think it is on a friday night because swan and mercy were talking about it on the way to the train.
Im a little teapot short and stout

emissary
Scout
Scout

Post by emissary »

Good question.  Probably a point of inconsistency during filming.  They didn't anticipate guys like us crawling into the negatives with a microscope to examine every possible detail that could be examined.  What I'm referring to is the newspapers that appear very quickly here and there.  Good question.
"When we see the ocean we figure we're home, we're safe."

Lion

Post by Lion »

I say it was on a Tuesday or sometime in the week.  The streets looked too empty to be a Friday or weekend.
[img]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b232/METALTANK/squares.jpg[/img]

stevo2k6

Post by stevo2k6 »

yeah probs a night during the week defo not weekend
S.Ritson

Wheeljak

Post by Wheeljak »

It was definitely a weekend night. Why? Because the "rich" kids on the subway were on their way home from some kind of soiree that required them to wear formal attire. Shindigs like that don't get thrown on a weekday.

stevo2k6

Post by stevo2k6 »

good point, or maybe it was end of the school term on a thursday like it is in england sometimes, im guessing it was summeer coz they just wore vests, because the streets were empty, thats a good point though bud
S.Ritson

Nite Run

Post by Nite Run »

yeah..felt like Tuesday night.
[img]http://i40.tinypic.com/2jbk2ef.jpg[/img]

Godfather

Post by Godfather »

According to the video game the conclave was on July 12, 1979 because they arrive back in coney on the 13th at 4am.  So, July 12th 1979 was a Thursday.  Of course the movie never mentions a specific day so again this is as close an estimate as I can figure.
[img]http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o132/godfather1969/GODFATHER-SSIG.jpg[/img]
Made by Hector

stevo2k6

Post by stevo2k6 »

yes thats true, rockstar made it a thursday so yeah thats closest
S.Ritson

stevo2k6

Post by stevo2k6 »

Scurvy Dog wrote: Whatever Rockstar did has nothing to do with the movie. The movie was filmed almost 30 years before the game was made, and the game contradicted a few events in the movie.

It could have been any night during the week. It was obviously summertime, as the trees in the park were in bloom. None of them would have had to get up for school, and I would guess that most gang members wouldn't have jobs. They'd either sponge some cash off their parents, or earn it on the street.

But back to the point about Mercy - Swan had asked her if she liked her life before she said the weekends were good, which could mean one of two things: She was just hanging around the neighborhood doing nothing when she met the Warriors, so it was not a weekend, or she would have been with someone already (and possibly drunk or high, given Swan's comment about not remembering who she had). She wasn't drunk or high, or with anyone else. It was a weeknight.

Or, you could consider how she asked if Swan was going to jump her, with excitement. Maybe she just hadn't met up with anyone yet (although it was kind of late in the night to have not hooked up with someone if she was going to). Maybe she thought it was a rare weeknight opportunity.

All points considered, I am going to guess it was a weeknight.
we knew it has nothing to do with the movie from wot rockstar said he was just pointing out that that is possibly the closest thing he wasnt crossing the game with the movie and yeah i agree if mercy was doing nothing has to be during the week
S.Ritson

yids-warrior
Warrior

Post by yids-warrior »

i always feel like it was a sunday night you know,theres not alot happening on the streets mercy aint got no takers i always get that kind of feel.i think the riffs would of maybe planned it that way thinking that cops might of had fewer numbers on the streets on a sunday night after the usual hectic saturday night!what night does american kids normally have prom on anyway that should tell ya or is it just a whenever thing throught the week? :?
(i really like this topic):D
[img]http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z290/yids78/yids-warrior.jpg[/img]
"i think we better go and have a look for ourselves!"