War Lord and War God

Leave your comments and messages about the 1979 cult movie.
The Swan

War Lord and War God

Post by The Swan »

Hi guys, speaking about Greek Mithology, Odissey and Anabasi (by Senofonte) I would like to ask you what about my following idea.
So I was pondering about Greek Mithology: I think you know Ares aka Marte or viceversa, the Ancient Greek and Roman War God (Greeks and Romans had several Gods 4 several Arts, and Zeus or Giove was the God of the Gods).
Could we say that Cyrus, being the President of the biggest Gang in all New York, was The War Lord of the War Lords? Well I think we could, and if 4 istance luther hadn’t shooted him, the Police hadn’t arrived that night, and he had really created that so dreamed “BIG 1 GANGâ€
[color=#FF0000][align=center]Wanna Fight? Make Your Move![/align][/color]
[align=center][img]http://digilander.libero.it/ran.s/HoustonTheSwanLogo.jpg[/img][/align]
[color=#FF0000][align=center]"That's cause u guys r so bad they're afraid of u!!!"[/align][/color]

adam88

Re: War Lord and War God

Post by adam88 »

Very good question. 
Well, in society Mother Culture divided us ito two parts.  the "Takers", and the "Leavers".  The takers would be the advance civilization.  And although the takers are the advanced civilization, they are the ones that think they can control life, and obtain everything for themselves and truly believe they are the dominate force on this planet.  The leavers are the old fashioned primitive believers who trust in the old way of life, the ones who do not compete with the environment, but the ones who except it for what it is.  So the question I believe you are asking, is Cyrus a Taker or a leaver?  Being that he died, this makes it a difficult question.  So was metaphorically, are we meant to be united, and join as one with our diversity, or will it inevitably be as you said, "all about ME"?  Now, the truth is, maybe the "world was not meant to know"  Perhaps there are certain things out there, that "nature" delibertley took away so we can contemplate on it, until we finally understand, or are ready.  This is a very good question, but no matter what, the "idea"was never taken away.

The Swan

Post by The Swan »

Well thanks adam88, you know my question could also be "Takers or Leavers", so good observation! I just believe Cyrus is a taker. Cause like everybody he wants the whole power! My only doubt, because of I wrote I cannot still answer, is that I think he loved his gang, his men too much: like a father. Being now a little bit a dreamer more than a leaver. So it'd have been a hard choice, always if he had reached other aims, between: being like a God 4 his members or 4 istance become leader of something greater... I mean, I suppose all of us think the same about the fact other "organizations" were/are more powerful.
Then, if it's better gang's life than other "organizations" life or viceversa, it's another question. 8)
Last edited by The Swan on Wed Oct 17, 2007 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[color=#FF0000][align=center]Wanna Fight? Make Your Move![/align][/color]
[align=center][img]http://digilander.libero.it/ran.s/HoustonTheSwanLogo.jpg[/img][/align]
[color=#FF0000][align=center]"That's cause u guys r so bad they're afraid of u!!!"[/align][/color]

adam88

Post by adam88 »

yeah no problem TheSwan.  You make a good observation on answering.  His death makes it kind of one of those answers with multiple perspectives.  Whether you see him as good or evil, or beyond that, you make a good point on him being a "taker".  Normally leavers don't worry about changing others.  IF a leaver is a agriculturist, and others are hunter gathers, the leaver will not judge them, and just goes the way they feel comfortable with, without looking for dominance.  On the other hand, a taker will express their way of thinking, and the course of how one should live, no matter how devastating the outcome is.  So that is a very good point.