Police after The Warriors

Leave your comments and messages about the 1979 cult movie.
The Swan

Police after The Warriors

Post by The Swan »

I was guessing why cops didn't follow Swan, Ajax, Cowboy and Snow when they run out 96th St Station.
Well I know Police had to check that station, cause it was an important city railway junction... ok... but don't you think that if you're after someone, you try to stop him anyway?
Do you know what's my 2nd point? A BIIIIIIIIG match between/among Warriors vs Cops vs Furies. They were waiting 4 The Warriors, and surprise here's also the Police!!! :mrgreen:
It would have been an AWESOME movie moment!!!
What do you guys think about that rumble? Would have it really been an "everyone vs everyone" fight? 8)
[color=#FF0000][align=center]Wanna Fight? Make Your Move![/align][/color]
[align=center][img]http://digilander.libero.it/ran.s/HoustonTheSwanLogo.jpg[/img][/align]
[color=#FF0000][align=center]"That's cause u guys r so bad they're afraid of u!!!"[/align][/color]

molotov

Re: Police after The Warriors

Post by molotov »

As I recall, the cops went after the others and Swan, Ajax, Snow and Cowboy just lost the police as they ran out. 

But, if the police did run out, I don't think there would have been much of a rumble.  The cops would have pulled out their guns, people would run and that would be that.  Notice the warriors had to make a choice when they were facing off with the furies.  Do we rumble with these clowns or do we go back inside the station and possibly face off with the cops.  They made the right choice.

Lion

Post by Lion »

I am just surprised no was looking for cops through the windows while they were waiting.
[img]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b232/METALTANK/squares.jpg[/img]

Nite Run

Post by Nite Run »

yeah they probably got occupied and assumed the other cops would chase them
[img]http://i40.tinypic.com/2jbk2ef.jpg[/img]

theSleepiLizzie_of_2006

Post by theSleepiLizzie_of_2006 »

its true...the 4 Warriors did lose the cops...

if by some chance the cops were on the street waiting along with the Furies...the only way the both would be there is if the Furies paid off the cops...BUT it would not have made much sense in comparison to the rest of the movie...one of the purposes about this movie is gangs vs. cops...plus we already see a lot of running from these guys and the gangs they encounter...for us to see more stressful situations like the Warriors vs. cops vs. Furies is definitely too much for one night...

By the way...this is my 250th post...I'm finally a Warrior...YEAHHHHHHH!!!!!  8)  :mrgreen:
[img]http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q302/SleepiTsu27/Untitled2.jpg[/img]
~this chic is packed...

The Swan

Post by The Swan »

Well 1st of all thanks 4 your opinions guys, and congr to theSleepiLizzie_of_2006: well done!

Ye the cops went after the others, but that's the point I meant... it seems "too easy" 4 Swan, Ajax, Snow and Cowboy... or it's simply the movie, i.e. Swan+3 had to fight against the furies.
Maybe if anyway Police had gone out the station, do you think Warriors and Furies (like 1 gang) wasted the cops and then fought 1 to 1? 8) 
[align=center][img]http://digilander.libero.it/ran.s/HoustonTheSwanLogo.jpg[/img][/align]
[color=#FF0000][align=center]"That's cause u guys r so bad they're afraid of u!!!"[/align][/color]

molotov

Post by molotov »

TheSwan wrote: Well 1st of all thanks 4 your opinions guys, and congr to theSleepiLizzie_of_2006: well done!

Ye the cops went after the others, but that's the point I meant... it seems "too easy" 4 Swan, Ajax, Snow and Cowboy... or it's simply the movie, i.e. Swan+3 had to fight against the furies.
Maybe if anyway Police had gone out the station, do you think Warriors and Furies (like 1 gang) wasted the cops and then fought 1 to 1? 8) 

If the cops had no guns and it was a one on one brawl, yeah, I think the furies and warriors would have first wasted the cops, then turned on each other. 

adam88

Post by adam88 »

I just simply think that the cops lost the warriors in the chase.  The warriors were to much for the cops, and the warriors simply disapeared without a trace.  Who knows, for all we know, perhaps the cops were heading out of the sation as well, but by the time the warriors ran full throttle, with the furies on their tail, the cops would be to late to even be on the chase.  And thesleepylizzie is right, although it would be a great rumble to add the cops, it would still be to much.  ALthough the warriors is fiction, there still has to be some logic.  Certain jouneys have there limits, and introducing the furies meant "the end of the law, and into a new realm of law and order".

theSleepiLizzie_of_2006

Post by theSleepiLizzie_of_2006 »

In the beginning of the movie we already see gangs helping other gangs as they're trying to escape the cops...its been shown once and we don't need to see that again because it ruins a point in the movie -> I agree with Adam88...there needs to be some logic with this fictional story...Helping is caring but not in this movie!

8)
[img]http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q302/SleepiTsu27/Untitled2.jpg[/img]
~this chic is packed...

Warriorfan54321

Post by Warriorfan54321 »

Cops in the fight isn't much of a good ide.

The furies hated the warriors.
The cops wanted the earriors.
The warriors had just ran from the cops.
if the cops were involved who do you think will be helping the furies kicking their butt. The cops.
The copswould then fight the furies and probably be taken down or maybe the fures as we dont really know how strong they are against cops.

Walter may of had this idea of involving them but decided not to maybe because of the opinions but the thing is the cops had guns what was it the warriors didn't have.. guns.  if by some miraculous event the warriors lost both furies and cops and there were shooting injuries to the furies, this may of lead the riffs into thinking the warriors had definately done it. If they wern't told who exactly did it. This then makes thins quite confusing.
GET A DREAM HOLD ONTO IT AND SHOOT FOR THE SKY

The Swan

Post by The Swan »

Well I think your opinions are right, too!
Anyway I don't just think a 3 "teams" fight would have been quite confusing or too much also 4 a gangs movie!!! After all, it'd have been only 1 scene more, 4 istance Warriors-Furies vs Police (1 scene more... 5 mins) and then Warriors-Furies (the original 1).
But ok, that's the way we like the movie (and they made it!)... but I was forgotten, are you sure cops would have used guns against 2 gangs? Cause they weren't using guns against The Warriors!!! 8)