Evil Ape Furies on ebay

Discuss merchandise and other items for sale or trade.

Re: Evil Ape Furies on ebay

Postby Ninth Delegate » Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:21 pm

Isn't this Peter Fonda's jacket from Easy Rider?
[IMG]http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k70/shaunographic/warriorssig.jpg[/IMG]
Laziness is a skill that must be practiced everyday.
Ninth Delegate

Postby Suburban Warlord » Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:51 pm

Yep. Pretty much. Good catch there.
Suburban Warlord

Postby 4nik8 » Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:55 pm

Soooo, SM's replica is a replica of a replica...

interesting
*****CI CONCLAVE '09*****
---Apache----Fox------Snow---Cleon---Vermin----Swan-----------4nik8...WHO?!?
4nik8

Postby Ninth Delegate » Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:41 pm

4nik8 wrote:Soooo, SM's replica is a replica of a replica...

interesting

And here we have the usage of the same word three times in one sentence to mark your three thousandth post.
Ninth Delegate

Postby 4nik8 » Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:59 pm

unintentional number theory is weird!
*****CI CONCLAVE '09*****
---Apache----Fox------Snow---Cleon---Vermin----Swan-----------4nik8...WHO?!?
4nik8

Postby LIER ONE » Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:52 am

Jacket is gone. Wonder if it sold, or was taken down. Hmmmmm. SATANS MOTHER, where o where is our MOONRUNNERS jacket?? ::)
LIER ONE

Postby Ninth Delegate » Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:10 pm

Well there's no shortage of them. Type "Easy rider jacket" in Ebay, and you get a few to choose from.
Ninth Delegate

Postby 70's flashbacks » Wed Nov 10, 2010 6:07 pm

Ummmm, I know we're all collectors of some sort or another. But what the heck does something like an Evil Ape Fury even come close to having to do with the Warriors. I am in no way degarding anyone who collects them or is attempting to complete a collection of warriors memorabilia. But I cannot fathom what designer came up with this item and said.. this is gonna be a hit with warriors collectors.... it looks so true to life.... let's start production. I mean if that's the case I'm grabbin' some stones out of the garden painting them up to look like the furies and packaging them as Fury Pet Rocks, "I know it's been done in the 70's", but not with the Fury faces! Yep, I'm bringing back the Pet Rock with all the gangs costumes and a care and watering instruction booklet so your stone will grow, (smirk). Again nothing derogatory meant to any collectors of these Evil Ape Furies "so don't stone the new guy with my own pet rocks, ha, ha", just those Ape furies seem way too offbase with the warriors concept.
70's flashbacks

Postby LIER ONE » Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:09 pm

70's flashbacks wrote:Ummmm, I know we're all collectors of some sort or another. But what the heck does something like an Evil Ape Fury even come close to having to do with the Warriors. I am in no way degarding anyone who collects them or is attempting to complete a collection of warriors memorabilia. But I cannot fathom what designer came up with this item and said.. this is gonna be a hit with warriors collectors.... it looks so true to life.... let's start production. I mean if that's the case I'm grabbin' some stones out of the garden painting them up to look like the furies and packaging them as Fury Pet Rocks, "I know it's been done in the 70's", but not with the Fury faces! Yep, I'm bringing back the Pet Rock with all the gangs costumes and a care and watering instruction booklet so your stone will grow, (smirk). Again nothing derogatory meant to any collectors of these Evil Ape Furies "so don't stone the new guy with my own pet rocks, ha, ha", just those Ape furies seem way too offbase with the warriors concept.

I don't think you can be any more wrong and such a long post on incorrect assumptions. The EVIL APE FURY is a STRAIGHT ON WARRIORS reference. He is yellow faced with a black circle eye. The outfit is right off the movie costume even with the FURIES LOGO but with "EVIL" not "furies". He has a broken bat (much like MEZCO's figures came with). THE designer is a TRUE WARRIORS fan and that is WHY he did it (I have spoken to him). It wasn't supposed to be a true representation of THE FURIES, but his product (EVIL APES) in homage to the WARRIORS. Sure everything sold is to make money, but I don't think he slapped some paint in regards to THE WARRIORS, just to cash in. And hey, if you are a good artist, I am sure people here would buy your PET ROCK FURIES.
LIER ONE

Postby 70's flashbacks » Sat Nov 13, 2010 3:18 am

So because this artist painted a yellow face with a black circle eye, and has a broken bat, your "assumption" is this artist hit a homerun on this piece. Okay I understand your opinion in that the person who created the Evil Ape Fury was paying homeage to The Warriors. But my opinion is that basically if talented enough very many an artist can take a Beanie Baby or a Care Bear "to use as an example" and restitch it up with the correct outfit and paint it up to match movie accuracy and this would justify it being sold for crazy sums of money and be a prized collectible? Even though in no way shape or form does this item even resemble any character on film but only wears the colors and sports the weapons of the particular gang member. You know we all can agree to disagree and on this I disagree with you. I stated my opinon and you have your own. I don't state for a collector to not collect what they feel they like, I never have as we all have many diverse tastes and a passion for such. But I just stated that I feel the pieces are in no way true to life comparisons to the Warriors and I could not fathom why they were even thought up. And if I still had my ole' badger or paasche airbrushs and possessed the prior skills I had when I was younger with airbrushing and detailing I might have taken you up on the Pet Rock Furies. Goodness knows I can certainly use the extra money.
70's flashbacks

Postby TheSurgeon » Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:07 am

me thinks you didn't read Lier one's reply ::) especially the bit about 'homage'.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=what+is+homage
TheSurgeon

Previous

Return to Warriors Bazaar