Why I think there will be a remake

A forum dedicated to the rumoured remake of The Warriors.
kowolski

Why I think there will be a remake

Post by kowolski »

I know many of you are against the remake  :evil: IMO If it gets made would never come close to the original. However that being said, Im sure that IF it was made that just about every fan on this site would try to be the first in line to see it on opening night. :D Not camping outside the theater for a week like a star wars nerd. But first in line anyways. Or am I wrong and everybody here would boycott it because they like the original only :?:

I have been involved in the movie theater industry for many years. There is one thing I know is that if there is a preception that a movie will make money whether or not it's well done. It WILL be made.
If it sells video games it WILL be made. If it sells music it WILL be made, If it sells merchandise it WILL be made. etc. It won't matter to the studio very little whether or not old fans will like it,just if they go watch it at the theater or rent it at the video store.  

IMO Hollywood is running out of fresh ideas. All the summer blockbuster movies are almost always sequels or remakes of somekind.  The hollywood writers went on strike (FOR WHAT) they havent given the movie goer anything fresh in years :evil:

It may not happen now,but its only a matter of time before they dig up the Warriors for a remake. Whether you are for or against it. Money talks         
Last edited by kowolski on Sun Mar 09, 2008 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[img]http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg158/kowolski1970/cad55a.gif[/img]

Danzel

Re: Why I think there will be a remake

Post by Danzel »

That post, though very logical, was only your opinion. and I agree :D

I think that yes like most other big hits it will come out again, but In threads on this boards and others, its all said that it will be a completly different movie which changes from the normal remakes because most of them follow same characters, and story line quite closely.

aha and camping outside theatres is half the fun of starwars movies, if there was enough of us warriors fans im sure itd make and interesting wait and week :D
[img]http://i8.tinypic.com/66nmcro.jpg[/img]
Thanks andy_man for the sig

Scream Loud and Scream Fast Cos' The Warriors Will Always Come Out To Play

flew to high

Post by flew to high »

If the remake is made (which I pray doesn't happen), I have a suspision that it will be released as a direct to video film just because it is a (if you can call it a remake because of the lack of homage it will pay to the original) also they will likely use lesser known actors (wich isn't a bad thing but in Hollywood that isn't always the case). Also the content of the film isn't that appealing to mass audiences wich means there won't be a huge income made from the film. This is just my opinion we will see what happens.

Nite Run

Post by Nite Run »

At first I was totally against even the idea of a remake, but now more than ever I would love to see one happen. I know it can never touch the original, but like a musician who does covers of original songs, it would be interesting to see another director's approach, take, and his/her version of the Warriors. I hope it happens for Scott now, but here it is..March 2008, and still nothing has been updated regarding the remake.
[img]http://i40.tinypic.com/2jbk2ef.jpg[/img]

stevo2k6

Post by stevo2k6 »

you all have good points but im stil for the remake, its interesting to see it, im hoping to see a trailor soon about it, see a taste of what it can do, i say go with it lads! lets see it fail if u r against it
S.Ritson

badjab

Post by badjab »

I wouldnt want a remake, only because I dont want the original movie to get overlooked. Thats my only reason, although it would be interesting I would have rather seen a sequel.
[img]http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k314/badjab/jones.jpg[/img]Why was I banned?   my gamertag is badjab326 add me

psyko_warrior101

Post by psyko_warrior101 »

I agree with the response above. Everyone knows originals rock, remake would give the original a different name to it.  :)
Looks like Rebel doesn't look too happy. Just be lookin' good out there... 

-Codename:Airhed_Warrior Christy chekin in :]

The Swan

Post by The Swan »

I understand your opinions guys, and I don't like a remake too, but don't worry... I don't just think that a new (if they make it) Movie will "compromise", somehow, the Original one. No, NO CHANCE!!!
The Warriors 1979 is IMMORTAL!!! 8)
[color=#FF0000][align=center]Wanna Fight? Make Your Move![/align][/color]
[align=center][img]http://digilander.libero.it/ran.s/HoustonTheSwanLogo.jpg[/img][/align]
[color=#FF0000][align=center]"That's cause u guys r so bad they're afraid of u!!!"[/align][/color]

kowolski

Post by kowolski »

After reading most of the topics in the 2008 remake section. Everybody agrees that a remake will never  touch the original!  Im sort of undecided on this subject of a remake :?:  I dont see how a remake (good or bad) would EVER change my opinion of the 1979 movie. I mean would you really cease being a fan of the 1979 movie if a remake was crap(t) :roll:   A sequel seems impossable. I would be open to a spinoff. What ever happend to the Orphans spinoff :?: Or what about a movie based on the Riffs :idea:  On the other hand I hate the idea of The Warriors movie name being dragged through the mud like recent remakes of other movies have done( Gone in Sixty Seconds, Willy Wonka,Planet of the Apes)etc. These movies did damage, IMO to  the original names.  However what if there is a ( slim chance) that a remake would be good.  Movies/ideas/scripts can sit for a long time on the shelf of a studio. I wouldn't consider this topic closed ever :!:     
Last edited by kowolski on Sat Mar 22, 2008 7:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Swan

Post by The Swan »

What I can say you is that as you know, in order to me anything will change the 1979 Movie... my opinion on... yours... and most of us, maybe everybody opinions on... ;)

What I would like to see is, anyway, a sorta Parallel Story/"Throughback" (I wouldn't know the exact name). Only for knowing why did luther really shoot Cyrus... and not cause he likes doing things like that!!! 8)
Last edited by Anonymous on Sat Mar 22, 2008 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[align=center][img]http://digilander.libero.it/ran.s/HoustonTheSwanLogo.jpg[/img][/align]
[color=#FF0000][align=center]"That's cause u guys r so bad they're afraid of u!!!"[/align][/color]

stevo2k6

Post by stevo2k6 »

is it me or have we had the discussion 10 times in 10 different threads?
S.Ritson

kowolski

Post by kowolski »

Well I was thinking the topic of the 2008 remake needed another remake :mrgreen: Anyways what I was getting at is that I think it will be still be made (sooner or later)
stevo2k6 wrote: is it me or have we had the discussion 10 times in 10 different threads?

stevo2k6

Post by stevo2k6 »

ajax2610 wrote: lack of funds and too many complaints....no remake
thats fine..... but can you find any proof to support that ?
S.Ritson

badjab

Post by badjab »

now a sequel would be cool, but long overdue, not nearly as cool as it could have been in 1982 with original actors.
[img]http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k314/badjab/jones.jpg[/img]Why was I banned?   my gamertag is badjab326 add me

The Swan

Post by The Swan »

stevo2k6 wrote: is it me or have we had the discussion 10 times in 10 different threads?
Personally, I think kowolski gave us another perspective about the same thread... I also think you should like it... I mean if they really made a remake (OMG!!!), you'll be the happiest guy of the World... so...