different feel to the remake

A forum dedicated to the rumoured remake of The Warriors.
cyrusthe1andonly

Post by cyrusthe1andonly »

I would have loved to have seen a Warriors II back in say 1981 or 1982, but I feel if a new one comes out today it will be so loosely related to the original that it may as well be an entirely different movie.

Some things I think may be the case with the new one (for the record I have heard very few specifics so I may be waay off on some of these already):

1) in order to attract a female audience there is going to have to be a female warrior and we will have to believe (in the spirit of Charlie's Angels, Kill Bill, Dark Angel, Elektra, etc. etc.) that she is every bit as capable as the guys and will have to make a lot of cocky, belittling comments toward some of them.

2) they will feel obliged to put a little more intended humor in it, probably in the form of some uber-hip ultra-cool Will Smith, Jamie Foxx kind of character who will deliver some cheesy line before he beats someone's a**.

3) the gang members will be far older than actual NYC gang members are (i.e. 13-16).

I hope it can be gritty and not slick.  I hope the Warriors in some way pay homage to the Original Warriors.  I hope some of the originals can play themselves 30 years later if it can be in a not too forced and cheesy way.  I hope whatever girl they get to play the love interest isn't some perfect 10 and is actually a more realistic depiction of a chick that hangs with gangbangers.  I hope it is set in NYC and keeps at least a little of the comic book feel.

Mark

p.s. it would be great if the Furries are still bangin' away in the UWS.

cleonwarriors777

Re: different feel to the remake

Post by cleonwarriors777 »

if they do make a remake they actually should use new gangs because its gonna suck and we shouldnt let them mess up the furie,turnbulls,hihats,etc
i think they should fight greasers,wanderers, and every other type of different movie gang
ill shove that bat up your a$$ and turn you into a popsicle

Riff

Post by Riff »

It's gonna be in LA with modern LA gangs, so nothing like the NYC gangs of the 70's.

What I don't understand is that in LA all gang members use vehicles to cruise the city as it is so spreadout, they won't be on foot if they have travelled any distance, so I can't see how they can follow the same story of trying to get home, surely it will just be one big car chase?
Who are The Warriors, there must be some word...

kowolski

Post by kowolski »

Good point,the subway played a big part in the 1979 movie.
Riff wrote: It's gonna be in LA with modern LA gangs, so nothing like the NYC gangs of the 70's.

What I don't understand is that in LA all gang members use vehicles to cruise the city as it is so spreadout, they won't be on foot if they have travelled any distance, so I can't see how they can follow the same story of trying to get home, surely it will just be one big car chase?

[img]http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg158/kowolski1970/cad55a.gif[/img]

Monofasp73

Post by Monofasp73 »

Always? I can think of quite a few that I prefer over the original.

WELL YOURE A GODDAMN FREAK, YA HEAR?

In all seriousness, can I ask you for an example? Ive never seen or heard a remake of anything I prefer over the original.
[url=http://russian-brides-best.com/]man wife[/url]

4nik8

Post by 4nik8 »

Monofasp73 wrote: Always? I can think of quite a few that I prefer over the original.

WELL YOURE A GODDAMN FREAK, YA HEAR?

In all seriousness, can I ask you for an example? Ive never seen or heard a remake of anything I prefer over the original.
Always? always what? there's not a single mention on this thread of always anything - who the hell are you even responding to?
*****CI CONCLAVE '09*****
---Apache----Fox------Snow---Cleon---Vermin----Swan-----------4nik8...WHO?!?