Gang Uniform Changes

A forum dedicated to the rumoured remake of The Warriors.
Hippy

Gang Uniform Changes

Post by Hippy »

Beyond the B.B. Furies.
I wonder if the other gangs will change uniforms to ones that are still fitting to their style.

Example: The Boppers would no longer wear hats but that Pink Clothing stuff Kids at School wear with Their Name Written in Cursive on the back.

another one would be
The Orphans Wear Paper Bags with Eye holes cut out in them and Cheap Vests made from Scissor Cut shirts.
Always be awhile, Not here much so don\'t expect much of a response

Jacobus

Gang Uniform Changes

Post by Jacobus »

I hope not.. the movie wont appeal to any of the origional fans if loads of the costumes are changed.. like the reason people liked the baseball furies was because of their old school look.. what do they have now?
"Your just part of everything thats happened tonight.. and its all bad"

Harley

Gang Uniform Changes

Post by Harley »

With what was said in the interview from the "Tony Scott on Remake" thread I doubt there will be any great costumes in this one. Most likely the only thing that will differentiate the gangs will be a colored bandana or a tattoo.

Cochise

Gang Uniform Changes

Post by Cochise »

Jacobus wrote:I hope not.. the movie wont appeal to any of the origional fans if loads of the costumes are changed.. like the reason people liked the baseball furies was because of their old school look.. what do they have now?
Well, seeing as the title of the interview with Tony Scott is," 'Warriors' Remake Without The Baseball Furies And Those Bad-Ass Mimes? Oh Yes ", I think it's safe to say that Scott is going to remove the costumes...and, you know, everything else that made the movie stand out so much.
When we get there; that's when we've made it.

King

no

Post by King »

that will suck! i will feel so mad! If they change the movie too much it will cause anger.

Riff

Gang Uniform Changes

Post by Riff »

I think this remake will have very little in common with the original, to appeal to the youth of today. It will be a typical gang banging tale 'Hip Hop' style, with 'Hip Hop' throughout, guaranteed. Its being made by MTV films which gives you a hint of what it will be like.

They have moved it to LA, it will never have the same feel as the original, the city is so different.
Who are The Warriors, there must be some word...

bushnut

Gang Uniform Changes

Post by bushnut »

This sounds like just another mediocre gang movie. They probably only based it on the warriors to get publicity. I just hope young fans check out the source and discover the real warriors for themselves.
[img]http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i270/playcock1/orphans02zu2.jpg[/img]

King

what!

Post by King »

U tellin me they moved the setting from NY to LA? Thats pisses me off! i hate MTV now more den ever! They will ruin everything! ahhhhhhhhh Im so mad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :evil:

Cochise

Gang Uniform Changes

Post by Cochise »

You know, King, for some reason, reading "LA" and "MTV" in the same sentence made all the pieces come together at that moment...

Riff

Gang Uniform Changes

Post by Riff »

To be fair MTV didnt do a bad job of updating the 1970's film 'The Longest Yard', I quite enjoyed it, but there were a few cheesy moments in there, and it wasnt as good as the original.

The thing is 'The Warriors' is a different story, this film is something we all treasure, lets face it there is no way it can be better than the original, its not gonna happen, impossible. So I can only see dissapoint coming our way.

The best way to look at it is, dont expect too much, then if its a good film its a bonus.
Who are The Warriors, there must be some word...

King

no!

Post by King »

Dont even worry about gang uniform changes at all. Because the furies the hihg hats al lthese unique and original gangs will not be in the movie! i repeat will NOT be in the movie. Crips bloods and stuff will take their place. Tiny scott is a bastard. And wat do u mean Cochise?

MrVess

Gang Uniform Changes

Post by MrVess »

If more than two characters in the remake are given any name that is taken from the original, I will be quite surprised. As for the look... it's obvious, of course, that if the remake features one "gangsta" character wearing a leather jacket (rather than the MTV-unfashionable vest) with a gang's name on it, that is where the similarities will end. (*)

I predict that, at most, the names "Cyrus" and "Swan" will appear in the remake. *Perhaps*, just perhaps, some fighting MatriXena character is going to be given the name of "Mercy". Needless to say, the characters that are given those names will no doubt have nothing to do with any characters from Walter Hill's film...

(*) Actually, scratch that. I expect a baseball bat or two to appear in the remake, so *some* parts of the original's outfits will be imported....
Last edited by MrVess on Sat Oct 01, 2005 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

King

yea

Post by King »

no doubt this guy will take their names out too.

Cochise

Gang Uniform Changes

Post by Cochise »

Well, King, MTV is the home of rap and "gangstas". Which is very heavy in LA. God, I dislike MTV. All these rappers with Scarface posters and the like.

EMVEE

Gang Uniform Changes

Post by EMVEE »

I love hip hop, and I hate fake gangstas like 50cent/ja rule with a passion but I hate when people disregard hip hop as being garbage just because of what you see on MTV etc. That is NOT real hip hop, that is pop music made for the masses and people into real hip hop hate it more than anyone.

If hip hop is incorporated into the remake it will no doubt be garbage music because that is all MTV play, fake gangsta pop :evil: