No baseball furies, No punks and no Hi-hats!!

A forum dedicated to the rumoured remake of The Warriors.
gemz-is-a-freak

My Point

Post by gemz-is-a-freak »

I thought the concept of The Warriors being set in the future as a great concept and although the 'loosely based' isn't exactly the same i think they should keep the idea of the story taking place in the near-future.

Also, if they are ditching the Baseball Furies and the Hi-Hats, where does half the movie go? I know it isn't exactly the same but if it's gonna be loosely based on the original then it should stay true to the main ideas of the original...you can't make a film, call it 'The Warriors' and not expect fans to draw comparison.
we see the water and we figure we're home...we're safe

wolverine_95

Re: No baseball furies, No punks and no Hi-hats!!

Post by wolverine_95 »

The thing I dislike the most about using realistic gangs is the fact that that movie has been made before. If they use modern gangs then they're not doing anything special. It'll just be bland gunfights. Now, if Scott does what Yurick did in the book and commented on society around the gangs (pseudo-zombie gamblers coming back from the horse track and inevitably disconnected social workers etc.), then it might be intreaguing. However, I doubt this will happen.
[align=center][img]http://static.flickr.com/55/137967009_693820d686_o.jpg[/img][/align][align=center]My mountain bike's name is Heavy Muscle[/align]

ajaxpd

Re: My Point

Post by ajaxpd »

gemz-is-a-freak wrote: I thought the concept of The Warriors being set in the future as a great concept and although the 'loosely based' isn't exactly the same i think they should keep the idea of the story taking place in the near-future.

Also, if they are ditching the Baseball Furies and the Hi-Hats, where does half the movie go? I know it isn't exactly the same but if it's gonna be loosely based on the original then it should stay true to the main ideas of the original...you can't make a film, call it 'The Warriors' and not expect fans to draw comparison.
i im new here at the site i agree with u if they dont make the new "Warriors"based on the orginal they'll ruin the warriors' legacy i also think the movie should be made about what happend after the riffs beat up luther and the rugues  :D rite....... 8)

Ajax 89

Post by Ajax 89 »

How can you not have the originals like the Furies and the Hi-Hats.  If the movie is going to be all gun fight and hardly any hand to hand combat then you know this movies gonna suck.
Can you dig it.

Rembrant01

Post by Rembrant01 »

they should make a new Warriors 2 Movie! thatd be freaking awsome!! id apply for rembrant A.S.A.P!!

Jay

Post by Jay »

Listen hears a deal, i think that taking away the names and the gangs and new  york is wrong ok. but still we neva no, it could b ok.

Big-Bopper

Post by Big-Bopper »

I'm kinda curious to see what the movie's like. I from L.A and im familar with alot of the gangs out here, So I would like to compare the actors to the real thing. I understand that its a remake, but If they had grown men running around with painted faces in baseball uniforms it would be a little hard to belive especially for the los angeles residents. If the producers decided to make the time period in the late 70's instead then it would be more hip. it's 2006, I dont think it would be a good idea.

Twiggy

Post by Twiggy »

I read over my post and it kinda sounded racist, so just remember i love the savage huns expeacialy blood lotus fuck MTV

thefro

Post by thefro »

i say if there gonna make a remake to the warrios, they should do it right and have all the gangs and carracters
awsomness comes in violent weapons

Cowboy JSBS

Post by Cowboy JSBS »

Yeah many many many people are mad at the new guy who is going to make a new Warriors. But have nothing to do with the old one but the Meeting.
[img]http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f31/100641/savagehuns1.jpg[/img]

BryanDeth316

Post by BryanDeth316 »

I think that the outcry from Warriors fans may call for a full on remake of the original (in NYC the whole thing) because....I swear what I've heard they're going to do with this "remake" is just horrible. It's basically just Colors without Sean Penn. But I'll still this movie just because I'll want something to bitch about.
"I gave them my word that the Warriors would uphold the truce."

Swan 01

Post by Swan 01 »

They can't do that....I mean they're all cool....mostly the Baseball Furies...and the Hi-Hats,Savage Huns are also cool....
[img]http://img412.imageshack.us/img412/6438/swan0021en.jpg[/img]

[img]http://img116.imageshack.us/img116/4865/naamloos9tv.jpg[/img]

Scotty Rave

Post by Scotty Rave »

The Baseball Furies are my favourite gang, and to take them out is like stabbing all us Fury-heads in the heart with an icicle! Dang it, it's just not freakin' fair!
"There is no reason to think a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens cannot change the world; indeed, that's the only thing that ever has."
-Margaret Mead

warrior mike

Post by warrior mike »

This is making me laugh, i think the warriors is a film that could never be remade and now yet another great film will be destroyed? why do people try to fix things that are not even broken? idiots?
ooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Bopper69

Post by Bopper69 »

it sounds like this movie will suck.

Most of the appeal of the original was that there were hardly any guns and all the fighting was hand-to-hand or with bats and bottles and clubs.

If this new movie is set in present time then, i assume everyone will have a piece and therefore there will not be any decent fighting.
Or nonone will have guns and it will unrealistic or they'll make up some bullshit scenario where evryone loses their guns.
Anyway nothing can compare to the original. 
[img]http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j285/photobucket069/userbar-bop.jpg[/img]
Civil disobedience is still disobedience.