remake soundtrack

A forum dedicated to the rumoured remake of The Warriors.
starcat the cosmic toker

remake soundtrack

Post by starcat the cosmic toker »

what kind of soundtrack do ya think they will go for.... i know they will have to have a couple of rap songs on there, but i hope they have alot of rock as well... and they need to do a remake of in the city... do not replace that song... and i think axl rose would be the primo dude to sing it

any ideas
I LOVE THIS MOVIE!!!!! AJAX IS DA MAN

snowball fury

remake soundtrack

Post by snowball fury »

If the song has to be redone David Lee Roth could sing it.
We're going in there like everybody else nine guys no weapons

The Fox

remake soundtrack

Post by The Fox »

In that script i've got it seems to mention Techno quite a lot!
[align=center][img]http://www.duallegacy.com/toon/linkfile/images/thefox.jpg[/img][/align]

starcat the cosmic toker

remake soundtrack

yeay...cause all the big gangbangers listen to techno... :roll:

Hippy

remake soundtrack

Post by Hippy »

Don't care if theres techno.....Just no friggin Drug Raves partys too stereo typical for kids these days.

I think they would put some Nice Head Banger rock.

Hope Fully it won't be all Playa Hatin Music lookin crap
Always be awhile, Not here much so don\'t expect much of a response

cepter

Who Knows????

Post by cepter »

Hey, I'm no old "Fogey" and I can handle really any music, but whats important is that the music fits the film, thats all I'm sayin'.

I wish I could be as excited as everyone is about this remake, but I really would love to see more done with the original either in DVD format or the re-release on the big screen.

You all know theres underground music thats out there thats awesome, whether its punk, rock, etc. etc. Hopefully THAT will be the music on the soundtrack of the remake. If you stay away from the MTV POP crap, at least half the battle is won!

Definately In The City should be at the end. You know what? I just thought of this? Since Barry DeVorzon did the beginnings of the synthesizers in The Warriors then why not have MOBY take care of that aspect in the wway Barry did in the original? I think that would work out. Sounds like Moby's earlier stuff.

I'd stay away from the Rap and stick to obscure underground songs that go along with the feeling, scenery, and pace of the movie.

Couple of really cool songs with a lot of "Punch" to them on The Clash's album London Calling that would work-all b side songs, nothing POP about em'.

Something to think about. Any other songs you all might want to add, love to hear the feeback. Or Punk version or just agitative sounding renditions of the soung on the original.

- " Who are the Warriors?...I want allll of "The Warriors", alive, if not, wasted!"

Snow

remake soundtrack

Post by Snow »

Well said cepter, I'm on the same level as you.
" We're goin' in there like everybody else, nine guys, no weapons!"

MrVess

remake soundtrack

Post by MrVess »

Since I believe Barry De Vorzon retired... Mark Mancina.

Then again, this is a travesty ("remake"), yet another repulsive example of slimy talentless parasitic hyenas attempting to feed on a classic in hopes of making some quick cash; ergo, they may use Marilyn Moronson mixed with Britney Spears for all that I care.

starcat the cosmic toker

remake soundtrack

well, the thought of using techno scares me... every action movie that uses techno... ex. the matrix, underworld, resident evil, blade, even house of the dead... the techno music starts and these wire martial arts scenes start, and dont get me wrong, i love these movies and i love these scenes... but thats not what i want the warriors to be about. i know there is gonna be some martial arts... which i can deal with in moderation... i mean in all reality, martial arts was huge in the 70s with bruce lee, and if its set in modern times, then its still alright cause alot of parents put there kids in some kind of martial arts class, as long as they all dont look like their part of the cobra kai gang... im just saying i dont want another movie filled with techno rave music and matrix style fighting...

i know there will have to be atleast a couple of rap tunes... i mean, its an urban movie, so u kind of have to include urban music... and i like some rap music anyway, mostly 80s oldschool rap and 90s g-funk, but i can deal with whatever... but i want some rock on this thing, not nu metal, not nickelback or stained... im talking about some 70s and 80s sounding rock n roll... and in the city i still say is a must.... the song is part of the movie as far as im concerned... and they better not do any rap remixes of it like snoop just did with the doors riders of the storm either.... and they need to have a big name rocker do it... which is why i say my personal hero axl rose, but then again motley crue just got back together, give them a crack at it.....

Hippy

remake soundtrack

Post by Hippy »

Maybe they might use Synthesizers to make some of the music.
Espicially if its copying the old Barry Vorzon Music.
Always be awhile, Not here much so don\'t expect much of a response

Snow

remake soundtrack

Post by Snow »

I'd love for there to be some good rock tunes, something like P.O.D., they did well for matrix reloaded. I'm a huge fan of the Kings of Leon and The Strokes (who are from NY) but these tunes might not suit the movie. Unfortunately, rap music for this movie is almost inevitable.

The Green Meanie

remake soundtrack

Post by The Green Meanie »

Snow wrote: Unfortunately, rap music for this movie is almost inevitable.

Why so glum?

Three words:

KOOL MOE DEE.
[b][url=http://www.illmitch.com]Ill Mitch is STILL MITCH[/url][/b]
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v214/thegreenmeanie/LJ%20Stuff/ILLMitchMic.gif[/img]

Snow

remake soundtrack

Post by Snow »

What the heck is kool moe dee?

The Fox

remake soundtrack

Post by The Fox »

He's a rapper from the 80's.

Not the best!
[align=center][img]http://www.duallegacy.com/toon/linkfile/images/thefox.jpg[/img][/align]

starcat the cosmic toker

remake soundtrack

if theres gonna be rap id rather it be kool moe dee than someone like 50 cent!!!!!!!!!!