YOU ALL SHOUDNT BE AGAINST THIS MOVIE!!!!!!

A forum dedicated to the rumoured remake of The Warriors.
warlord jp

YOU ALL SHOUDNT BE AGAINST THIS MOVIE!!!!!!

Post by warlord jp »

I think you all shoudnt be against this movie. Relax, it is not going to ruin the original, cuz almost everybody will know this is just a (remake) of the original one, with diferent directors, and different characters and everything. I think you all should be really exited about a movie with the name warriors, and is somewhat related to the warriors comming out.  And if its really that bad, thats this new directors fault, it wont hurt the original one, remember this is just a REMAKE!!!!!

CAZ

Re: YOU ALL SHOUDNT BE AGAINST THIS MOVIE!!!!!!

Post by CAZ »

dude, from what i know........NO ONE I KNOW IN OKLAHOMA HAS EVEN HEARD OF THE 1979 CULT CLASSIC MOVIE THAT WE ALL LOVE! so if a new one comes out, the old one may be completely forgotten in it's wake, and with all the hip hop/blood/crip/drive-by popularity around today, they may like it more. i still look forward to chucking rocks at people who say it was better than the origional as they leave the theatre.
love rhymes with hideous car wreck
[img]http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n61/caz6/01cazsigzac.gif[/img]

Mikey Ramone

Post by Mikey Ramone »

CAZ wrote: dude, from what i know........NO ONE I KNOW IN OKLAHOMA HAS EVEN HEARD OF THE 1979 CULT CLASSIC MOVIE THAT WE ALL LOVE! so if a new one comes out, the old one may be completely forgotten in it's wake, and with all the hip hop/blood/crip/drive-by popularity around today, they may like it more. i still look forward to chucking rocks at people who say it was better than the origional as they leave the theatre.
*Applauds* Yes, we really do love the Warriors too much for it to be forgotten. I may be 14 but I must say that movie freakin' pwnz!! I heard of the Warriors through VH1's "I love the 70's" when I was around 11 or 12 (can't remember) but they showed a lot of the parts from when they were running and with the Riffs. And then just last year the game came out which I without a doubt absolutley love (it's just awesome). But when I heard there was going to be a remake I was psyched!! But when I heard there was to be no Riffs or Furies my expectations just hit the floor. So if it's gonna have all hip-hop crap, I'm probably gonna hate it. Unless "The Warriors" has an awesome Tagging. But man I was uber pissed when it wasn't going to be an actual remake of the Warriors. Plus it is not going to be a remake, it follows the same story line as the original but it doesn't have all the great elements of the original. Man I am sure gonna be sad...

stevo2k6

Post by stevo2k6 »

the original will never be forgotten its become one of my favourate films but i i think that this remake (althought on the site says aint a remake god knows what thats about) should be given a chance it might be good and fun to see
S.Ritson

BTW A.K.A the killer household appliance
Soldier The Middle
Soldier The Middle

Post by BTW A.K.A the killer household appliance »

oh to hell with this, it isnt even a remake, why should we be excited about it? why should we be excited about a "boyz in the hood" style remake of a classic?

and plus, i've seen what happens when remakes come out, everyones talking about it, then suddenly there's talk that its a remake, thats when everyone says "there's an original?".

it happens every time, this is gonna be no exception.

Scotty Rave

Post by Scotty Rave »

BTW is 100% right. I was the first out of my social circle to know about the original, and they've all probably forgotten about it now. Remakes are a poor excuse to wipe out the good old stuff and replace it with utter trash. We've already heard that it'll be in LA, will be rap-based gangs and will have martial arts. Don't get me wrong, kung fu films are great, but they have no place in a film about street gangs! If anyone contradicts me by saying 'The Savage Huns,' then kindly go screw yourself, martial arts was their shtick. Okay, I'm done.

*calms down*
"There is no reason to think a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens cannot change the world; indeed, that's the only thing that ever has."
-Margaret Mead

stevo2k7

Post by stevo2k7 »

right now then, i dont have a clue whether its a remake or not i mean, u got the same film name u got the same person that calls up a meeting but...u got no ajx or swan and they probs differ vests i mean is it a remake or not its like half and half, u might aswell call it half a remake,

King

Post by King »

CAZ wrote: dude, from what i know........NO ONE I KNOW IN OKLAHOMA HAS EVEN HEARD OF THE 1979 CULT CLASSIC MOVIE THAT WE ALL LOVE! so if a new one comes out, the old one may be completely forgotten in it's wake, and with all the hip hop/blood/crip/drive-by popularity around today, they may like it more. i still look forward to chucking rocks at people who say it was better than the origional as they leave the theatre.
LMAO Im with you.  :lol: But i prefer wrecking them. j/k Well what can you do? The Warriors was such a great movie the director of the new one(wutever his name is) just cant make his own movie....i feel pitty for him. ;)

Music Man Snow

Post by Music Man Snow »

This is like someone remaking The Godfather, except it has nothing to do with The Godfather, it's about Yakuza, set in Japan, and no one speaks English. That's what this movie is.
" We're going in there like everybody else. Nine guys, no weapons. "

Lion

Post by Lion »

I say hate the damn thing re-make or not!! :badgrin: :badgrin: :badgrin: :evil: :badgrin:
[img]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b232/METALTANK/squares.jpg[/img]

Oxygen

Post by Oxygen »

when the original movie came out,the book fans were probably thinking the same thing you guys are now.but when the movie came out it was great and the book fans turned into movie fans.what Im saying is watch the movie before you decide if its good or not.some of you might like it better than the original  :roll:
We're gonna make it back. We came this far and we're gonna make it the rest of the way!

Music Man Snow

Post by Music Man Snow »

Someone said that already. We still disagree. If I wanna see a movie with Bloods and Crips, I can go watch Colors. A remake would be fine, but this isn't a remake, this is a rape. Even when the book became a movie, the movie wasn't completely unfaithful to the book ( Or so I believe. I haven't read the book, if someone can direct me to it I'd appreciate that. ). It's the same gang, the same time, maybe a different story, character changes and all. It was based on the book, not just using the name of the book like this crap is doing with the old movie. And I sincerely doubt anyone here will like it better than the original, not if they've an ounce of sense in their head.

Oxygen

Post by Oxygen »

:lol: I was the one who said that before.all Im saying is actually watch the movie before you decide if it sucks.and this new warriors movie is more like a remake of the book not the movie.
We're gonna make it back. We came this far and we're gonna make it the rest of the way!

Music Man Snow

Post by Music Man Snow »

Doesn't mean it'll be good. There's already a movie based on the book. We don't need another ruining the name of the classic that everyone loves.

taylor

Post by taylor »

Oxygen wrote: when the original movie came out,the book fans were probably thinking the same thing you guys are now.but when the movie came out it was great and the book fans turned into movie fans.what Im saying is watch the movie before you decide if its good or not.some of you might like it better than the original   :roll:
there weren't really book fans were there? it was like a bargin box thing thats were walter picked it up... in a discount rack
"the truce... is it still on"