Filming To Start Soon

A forum dedicated to the rumoured remake of The Warriors.
War Chief
Administrator
Administrator

Filming To Start Soon

Post by War Chief »

Here's a link to an interview on IGN Movies. Thanks to Jonny for pointing it out!  :D
The one and only!

the wigan warrior
Warrior

Re: Filming To Start Soon

Post by the wigan warrior »

OH my god, that sounds terrible :shock: It realy does.
[img]http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h184/66ext/2wfn1qu.jpg[/img]

Cowboy79
Soldier The Middle
Soldier The Middle

Post by Cowboy79 »

"I'm going to do my own gangs from today because [the original's] were really knock-offs from Kubrick's movie A Clockwork Orange"-Tony Scott

..........What?! Ok i'm not going to see this remake ever....EVER!

Cowboy Is Cool

Post by Cowboy Is Cool »

Cowboy79 wrote: "I'm going to do my own gangs from today because [the original's] were really knock-offs from Kubrick's movie A Clockwork Orange"-Tony Scott

Hmm, I don't remembers guys in overalls in ACO, or guys with baseball outfits and facepaint. What the hell is Scott thinking?
[img]http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2417/2228025828_54df100c8e_o.jpg[/img]
AKIRA
Thanks for the sig, trix!

The Warriors 9

Post by The Warriors 9 »

Cowboy79 wrote: "I'm going to do my own gangs from today because [the original's] were really knock-offs from Kubrick's movie A Clockwork Orange"-Tony Scott

That line really got my face burning to Cowboy.

Been trying to ignore this subject since the beginning and was praying after it got delayed maybe they would pass on it but it now does'nt look like thats gonna happen.

Damn you Tony Scott make your movie but leave the original, the best gang movie The Warriors ALONE. :evil:
Worlds 2nd biggest Orphans Fan.

socialreject

Post by socialreject »

I'll judge when the idiot releases it

Storm86
Scout
Scout

Post by Storm86 »

well at least it puts that script rumor to rest
[img]http://www.duallegacy.com/toon/linkfile/warriors/storm.jpg[/img]

MiddleMan07
Warrior

Post by MiddleMan07 »

Sounds pretty cool actually, cant wait to see it.

adam88

Post by adam88 »

Well you know, I thought of this movie for a long time and realized that there is nothing to be stressed about.  You see, I always thanked God that this new movie is not a sequal, because if it was a sequal it kind of makes it unavoidable.  You see a sequal keeps it in the same warriors universe that we all know and love.  So if it were a sequal, it would mess up the whole moral and meaning of the story, and to add it would be an insult to the beloved 70's culture.  So even if you tryed to ignore a sequal, it would be hard, and it would ruin the feeling.  Than I can understand people being mad.  The thing is, since this is not a sequal, I treat it as if it like one of the "fan fictions" from this great site.  Just like a fan fiction, you can choose to ignore it, because it has nothing to do with the actual warriors world.  Like I said if it were a sequal, it would be hard to ignore because even if we don't like it, it still continues the story.  Since its not, just take it as a new movie, that deals with todays issues, and todays society and culture.  How different races coexist with one another nowadays, and how the government differs towards treating us.  Not to mention that the reasons of starting gangs may be different as well, weather its religious, racial, or spiritual, purposes times do change.  I for one rather stick with the more honorable and different believes of the 60's, and 70's, tahn today.  But still this movie is projecting an entire different reality, and thats whats good.  So you can take it or completely ignore it. Thats whats good about this whole thing. 

the wigan warrior
Warrior

Post by the wigan warrior »

Nobody know anything about a cast yet???
[img]http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h184/66ext/2wfn1qu.jpg[/img]

yids-warrior
Warrior

Post by yids-warrior »

that idiot scott probably has somebody like JACK BLACK in mind for ajax hahahahahaha
[img]http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z290/yids78/yids-warrior.jpg[/img]
"i think we better go and have a look for ourselves!"

greeny400

Post by greeny400 »

Oh god, this movie is gonna be terrible  :lol:
[img]http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/1971/logoboppersph0.gif[/img]

warlord jp

Post by warlord jp »

Damn guys calm down. We all know you all are going to go see it even if you say youre not. So lets judge after it comes out.

eliminator1

Post by eliminator1 »

Yes, we probably will all watch it. Most likely out of sheer morbid curiosity to see just how much Tony Scott butchers the source material. He claims to love the original movie, but he's falsely dismissing it's gangs as Clockwork Orange ripoffs.

Scrapping iconic gangs like the Baseball Furies and Lizzies and replacing them with real life is just wrong. These guys are a big part of what makes The Warriors. It's not necessarily supposed to be "the real world", and Walter Hill said he deliberately went for a slightly comic book feel. Instead of Swan stopping a gun toting Luther with a well thrown knife, are we now supposed to expect Swan to gun Luther (or whatever they're gonna call the equivalent characters) down with an uzi from the back of a low rider?

As for cast, I have a horrible feeling the Warriors themselves will probably be a mix of no name Hollywood pretty boys and small time rappers no one has ever heard of.

warlord jp

Post by warlord jp »

eliminator1 wrote: Yes, we probably will all watch it. Most likely out of sheer morbid curiosity to see just how much Tony Scott butchers the source material. He claims to love the original movie, but he's falsely dismissing it's gangs as Clockwork Orange ripoffs.

Scrapping iconic gangs like the Baseball Furies and Lizzies and replacing them with real life is just wrong. These guys are a big part of what makes The Warriors. It's not necessarily supposed to be "the real world", and Walter Hill said he deliberately went for a slightly comic book feel. Instead of Swan stopping a gun toting Luther with a well thrown knife, are we now supposed to expect Swan to gun Luther (or whatever they're gonna call the equivalent characters) down with an uzi from the back of a low rider?

As for cast, I have a horrible feeling the Warriors themselves will probably be a mix of no name Hollywood pretty boys and small time rappers no one has ever heard of.
I agree on this too. Swarming the warrior movies with "homeboys" its a very bad idea. If he had love for the original movie like he says he does, he would have keept it old schhol style.. thats where the heart is, or even yet try to make it more warrior related.. even make it out of the book. But some people are out of their minds..
Ill still go see it though.