The feel of the 2008 movie...

A forum dedicated to the rumoured remake of The Warriors.
Nick Punishment

The feel of the 2008 movie...

Post by Nick Punishment »

its going to feel completely different.

the way this movie has been talked about by scott, itll look and feel more like "ATL" and "Waist Deep" then it will like the original.

hopefully the only link between the 2 movies will be the name and hopefully the hordes of idiots who will go to see this movie will never know there is an original somewhere to obsess over.

swan_jax

Re: The feel of the 2008 movie...

Post by swan_jax »

are you talking about 1-18-08?  :?:

Nick Punishment

Post by Nick Punishment »

swan_jax wrote: are you talking about 1-18-08?  :?:
noooo, that 1-18-08 is going to be amazing.

im talking about The Warriors 2008. its going to be chock full of rappers and real gangs. i bet itll be marketed more to the black community. (that is in noooooooo way me saying anything negative)

Nite Run

Post by Nite Run »

the feel of the new Warriors is supposed to be like 'Inside Man', 'Dejavu', & 'Domino'. Scott will once again use his quick pace camera shots, mixed in with bright flashes of moving light, giving the film an almost surreal feel to it. Scott is known for this type of filming, it is almost like he started the Genre. In any event, we now know it will be a cross-town struggle for the Warriors in L.A., as opposed to the original film, which was getting back home from Uptown N.Y.C. I still have mixed feelings about the project, and at one time, was totally against it, but as we draw closer to 2008, I am interested in seeing how this rendition will play out. Naturally, it can never top the original cult classic, nor can it be classified as a formal remake, however, let's see if Scott can atleast make it half way interesting, and add a decent adaption of the first one, in his own way and his own interpretation. Peace.
[img]http://i40.tinypic.com/2jbk2ef.jpg[/img]

Lion

Post by Lion »

I am gonna waste a post here, I repeat myself; this movie is going to blow.  The Warriors was original and was one of a kind.  This movie is going to have things that have been done before, nothing original.
[img]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b232/METALTANK/squares.jpg[/img]

stevo2k6

Post by stevo2k6 »

im not even going to say what i think its been done in bout 10 other threads same as this one
S.Ritson

Ed_The_Warrior

Post by Ed_The_Warrior »

We all keep talking about this remake (or whatever it is) but will there ever be one ? If it is due out next year you would of thought there would be more news/updates around for it ! Has it even started filming yet ?
[img]http://img518.imageshack.us/img518/9673/edthewarriorna6.jpg[/img]
My Mezco Warriors Figure Collection : Swan,Cochise,Cleon,Luther,Red & Yellow Furies

swan_jax

Post by swan_jax »

Ed_The_Warrior wrote: We all keep talking about this remake (or whatever it is) but will there ever be one ? If it is due out next year you would of thought there would be more news/updates around for it ! Has it even started filming yet ?
lets just hope it will never be made  :lol:

Cowboy Is Cool

Post by Cowboy Is Cool »

swan_jax wrote:
Ed_The_Warrior wrote: We all keep talking about this remake (or whatever it is) but will there ever be one ? If it is due out next year you would of thought there would be more news/updates around for it ! Has it even started filming yet ?
lets just hope it will never be made  :lol:
I'VE GOT IT!

1-18-08 is the Warriors remake! Tony Scott is the monster, totally destroying all of New York City so he has an excuse not to film the remake there!  :shock:
[img]http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2417/2228025828_54df100c8e_o.jpg[/img]
AKIRA
Thanks for the sig, trix!

Paciani

Post by Paciani »

when this movie comes out Ill be at home watchin the original :D
peace and respect

Cyrus

Post by Cyrus »

IF this movie ever comes out,I'll go and see it,just out of curiosity,but I can bet it wil get nowhere near the original!
"Can you count, suckers?
I say the future is ours...If you can count!"

Danzel

Post by Danzel »

I agree with almost everyone above, I rekon almost all of us will go see it, but we cant expect it to have the same feel or same malevolence? haha but anyways yeh, its gonna be a completly different movie..
[img]http://i8.tinypic.com/66nmcro.jpg[/img]
Thanks andy_man for the sig

Scream Loud and Scream Fast Cos' The Warriors Will Always Come Out To Play

Frank_Castle

Post by Frank_Castle »

I know i'm in the minority of people here who want to see it but like i said, WE  NEED to have the INSANE CLOWN POSSE playing gang members in this sorta simler to the furies but not, i mean its plausible i walk around in facepaint all the time with my friends and i love hip hop music so it would work.
[url=http://userbarmaker.com/][img]http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/1702/541179847029lb8.png[/img][/url]

T'MorrowMan

Post by T'MorrowMan »

Ummm. now im pissed! I in no way wanted Tony Hack to remake the Warriors, but i thought it was already a done deal, now im wishing he'd go through with it and here's why; obviously, a street gang in LA that needed to get back to Long Beach or Santa Monica or wherever would more than likely have brought some cars in the first place, then they could always catch a cab. there are tons of em early morning downtown, then there's the very real possibility that Any Warriors being pursued by ANY other street gang on foot would be gunned down as a matter of simple fact. they have guns now after all. Street gangs don't have the telltale colored jackets that they had in the Warriors. Even West Side Story, a 1961 movie about two rival gangs in New York, had gang members walking around in their street clothes. That way no passerby could even tell if they were in a gang, As long as they weren't dancing. So 2008 Warriors could just as easily blend in and lose any pursuers that way. and catch a bus home. I was interested as i said, to see a remake come out, thereby giving our favorite movie a LOT of hype. Now what?
"It's just our mark..It don't mean we're at war..."

fist fighter

Post by fist fighter »

Tony Scott is atutally a good director yes he may butcher htis film, but I do expect some good things to be in it.
"Im sick of running from these wimps"