Inglorious Basterds

The theatre is the only place to talk about movies!

Re: Inglorious Basterds

Postby Lion » Sat Jul 17, 2010 3:33 pm

take it back, take it back, tell them you rented the wrong inglorious bastards.
[img]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b232/METALTANK/squares.jpg[/img]
Lion

Postby Cyrus » Sat Jul 17, 2010 9:23 pm

You're right Lion, this is one of the most boring movies I've ever seen. 2,5 hours wasted on nothing.
"Can you count, suckers?
I say the future is ours...If you can count!"
Cyrus

Postby Lion » Sun Jul 18, 2010 10:38 pm

Cyrus wrote:You're right Lion, this is one of the most boring movies I've ever seen. 2,5 hours wasted on nothing.

you are not kidding.  tarantino's days are over, he needs to go back to basics.  reservoir dogs and pulp fiction will always be his best.  although reservoir dogs is to me his ultimate.
Lion

Postby Cyrus » Sun Jul 18, 2010 10:43 pm

That's the thing, it's hard to believe that someone who made classics like Pulp Fiction and Reservoir Dogs can make something as awful as Inglorious Basterds.  :cry:
"Can you count, suckers?
I say the future is ours...If you can count!"
Cyrus

Postby wargod » Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:12 am

Cyrus wrote:
Lion wrote:i can't believe this movie was even nominated for an oscar.  the guy that played landa was the most interesting character in the whole movie, besides that it stunk.

I wish you wrote that before, I got it today from Blockbuster.  :evil:

wow blockbuster is still up, indiana only has 1 left, i love BB
i have a reason, so there fore i am not a rebel without a cause
wargod

Postby union_jack » Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:50 am

a lot of people reckon that after jackie brown didnt experience the massive success of his previous films, tarantino was discouraged from making more mature films and started making all these "homages" that are at best inconsistent.
union_jack

Postby Lion » Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:07 pm

union_jack wrote:a lot of people reckon that after jackie brown didnt experience the massive success of his previous films, tarantino was discouraged from making more mature films and started making all these "homages" that are at best inconsistent.

the truth is, is that jackie brown was a good movie.  tarantino got too greedy.  i am sure he signed a contract to pop a number amount of movies in a certain amount of time in order to get financed for "personal projects".  but this just rushed him to come up with crap.  the magic tarantino had was he hired in his first, say three movies, were a bunch of unknown actors or washed up actors.  this allowed for the cast not to take the value away from the film therefor the audience was more concentrated on the film and it's message than the "big name actor(s)".
Last edited by Anonymous on Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lion

Postby 4nik8 » Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:05 pm

Lion wrote:
Lion wrote:
union_jack wrote:a lot of people reckon that after jackie brown didnt experience the massive success of his previous films, tarantino was discouraged from making more mature films and started making all these "homages" that are at best inconsistent.

the truth is, is that jackie brown was a good movie.  tarantino got too greedy.  i am sure he signed a contract to pop a number amount of movies in a certain amount of time in order to get financed for "personal projects".  but this just rushed him to come up with crap.  the magic tarantino had was he hired in his first, say three movies, were a bunch of unknown actors or washed up actors.  this allowed for the cast not to take the value away from the film therefor the audience was more concentrated on the film and it's message than the "big name actor(s)".

Quotes within quotes can accidentally cause parallel universes...
*****CI CONCLAVE '09*****
---Apache----Fox------Snow---Cleon---Vermin----Swan-----------4nik8...WHO?!?
4nik8

Postby Lion » Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:15 pm

i honestly believe that if robert deniro wasn't in jackie brown, the movie would of been better.  deniro doesn't connect with samuel l. jackson's character.  i think he goes on the set thinking: "oh yeah, look at me i am robert deniro, the best actor in the world".  i would say "you were".  since the mid 90's, deniro has been overrated. 
Lion

Postby turnbull gbr » Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:50 pm

Lion wrote:i honestly believe that if robert deniro wasn't in jackie brown, the movie would of been better.  deniro doesn't connect with samuel l. jackson's character.  i think he goes on the set thinking: "oh yeah, look at me i am robert deniro, the best actor in the world".   i would say "you were".  since the mid 90's, deniro has been overrated. 

Jackie Brown is really underrated, it's one of the better QT films, only Reservoir Dogs is better.
**I got an inkling it's gonna be the one the children bicker over, it's that warriors vs baseball fury element that glitches motor sensory developement, i am a star really,**
turnbull gbr

Postby union_jack » Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:20 pm

Lion wrote:i honestly believe that if robert deniro wasn't in jackie brown, the movie would of been better.  deniro doesn't connect with samuel l. jackson's character.  i think he goes on the set thinking: "oh yeah, look at me i am robert deniro, the best actor in the world".   i would say "you were".  since the mid 90's, deniro has been overrated. 

a lot of people have trouble with his character but some see it as he is so unfamiliar with social interaction from being in prison you know hes a bit unabable to adjust
union_jack

Postby Suburban Warlord » Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:55 pm

That's exactly it. His character is just out of prison. It's culture shock, and he's
a bit socially retarded. The scene where that older lady is putting on a strip tease
for him or dancing around for him, and he is just rocking back and forth in his
chair with that silly grin on his face always cracks me up. Priceless!
Suburban Warlord

Postby 4nik8 » Tue Jul 20, 2010 3:44 pm

Lion wrote:tarantino's days are over

overrated untalented "actor" named leonardo decrapio

since the mid 90's, deniro has been overrated.  

adrien brody and topher grace as the tough dudes??

Lion: maintaining and preserving a tradition of actor hatred!
*****CI CONCLAVE '09*****
---Apache----Fox------Snow---Cleon---Vermin----Swan-----------4nik8...WHO?!?
4nik8

Postby turnbull gbr » Tue Jul 20, 2010 5:37 pm

Suburban Warlord wrote:That's exactly it. His character is just out of prison. It's culture shock, and he's
a bit socially retarded. The scene where that older lady is putting on a strip tease
for him or dancing around for him, and he is just rocking back and forth in his
chair with that silly grin on his face always cracks me up. Priceless!

I think you got that spot on, i thought De niro was one of the best characters in Jackie Brown, but Michael Keaton stole it for me.
**I got an inkling it's gonna be the one the children bicker over, it's that warriors vs baseball fury element that glitches motor sensory developement, i am a star really,**
turnbull gbr

Postby union_jack » Tue Jul 20, 2010 5:55 pm

its a very underrated film actually, i should watch it again soon. pam griers great in it too.
union_jack

PreviousNext

Return to The Movie Theatre [Movie Chat]