House of A Thousand Corpses & The Devil's Rejects

The theatre is the only place to talk about movies!
Manson-Cryptorchild

Post by Manson-Cryptorchild »

I recently purchased House of A Thousand Corpses and The Devil's Rejects, which are two of my favroite movies and The Devil's Rejects is a continuation of House of A Thousand Corpses, and since I've purchased them, I've managed to watch them both, and I've realized that before House of A Thousand Corpses came out, the actor who played 'Grandpa Hugo' passed away before the movie came out, and the actor who played 'Tiny' passed away before The Devil's Rejects came out. I just thought that it was sort of sad how they weren't able to be around to see the success that their parts made. It's understandable that Dennis Fimple[who played 'Grandpa Hugo'] passed away, but Matthew McGrory[who played 'Tiny'] was only in his 30's when he passed away, which I think is quite sad.

CompanyScum

Post by CompanyScum »

I remember Matthew McGrory was in Howard Sterns show for an interview, he is considerably smart and seems like a very nice person.

I loved both movies, but I like The Devils Rejects better.
It also had great music.
[url=http://www.myspace.com/2352667]Myspace[/url]

[img]http://img360.imageshack.us/img360/4859/hammerki8.jpg[/img]

War Chief
Administrator
Administrator

Post by War Chief »

Irwin Keyes (the cop who busts Ajax) is in House of 1000 Corpses. I have it on DVD but have not watched all of it yet, I was too tired to finish it. I got to the bit where they arrived at the house. Is all a bit surreal!
The one and only!

Manson-Cryptorchild

Oh, I never knew the cop that busted Ajax was in that movie. But, I do know that Deborah Van Valkenburgh is in The Devil's Rejects, but I've only learned that from research on the movie...she plays someone named Casey, but I can't seem to notice who that is :?. But I do know that it wasn't a big part that she played.

swarrior

Post by swarrior »

The cop is the guy pushing the cart that the 4 people ride in through Capt Spaulding's museum, in "1000 Corpses".
Deborah Van V's part in "Rejects" was small.
I liked Rejects better, especially when they go out in hail of gunfire while Freebird plays.
Maybe we oughta pull a train on you, you look like you might even like it!

Storm86
Scout
Scout

Post by Storm86 »

x.06X.Sarah.x wrote:Oh, I never knew the cop that busted Ajax was in that movie. But, I do know that Deborah Van Valkenburgh is in The Devil's Rejects, but I've only learned that from research on the movie...she plays someone named Casey, but I can't seem to notice who that is :?. But I do know that it wasn't a big part that she played.
Deborah was the hooker who had throat slashed during the raid.

seems ole Rob Zombie is a warriors fan. I wonder if he is lurking around here somewhere lol.
[img]http://www.duallegacy.com/toon/linkfile/warriors/storm.jpg[/img]

Manson-Cryptorchild

swarrior wrote:The cop is the guy pushing the cart that the 4 people ride in through Capt Spaulding's museum, in "1000 Corpses".
Deborah Van V's part in "Rejects" was small.
I liked Rejects better, especially when they go out in hail of gunfire while Freebird plays.
Ohhh...k thanks, he's that crazy guy...who runs in with the mask on and what I believe is to be an axe? I can't remember, but when those guys wanna rob the gas station, which I would have to say is one of the better parts of the movie. I think that I like House of 1000 Corpses better, it's a lot more odd, but what I don't get is how in House of 1000 Corpses, the whole thing seems to revolve around 'Dr. Satan', but in The Devil's Rejects, nothing is mentioned about him :? . Sorta odd to me. But The Devil's Rejects was a great movie too.

Manson-Cryptorchild

Thanks so much to you guys for telling me who Irwin Keyes and Deborah Van Valkenburgh played!! :D I appreciate it much!

Oddball

Post by Oddball »

The Devil's Rejects is great. I have it on DVD. Same with House of 100 Corpses, it's not as good though.
[img]http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c42/MancubusMachine/Untitled-1copy.png[/img]

Storm86
Scout
Scout

Post by Storm86 »

if ya wanna get down to it boppers. then house of a thousand corpses is almost blatantly a texas chainsaw massacre remake before the remake if that makes sense
[img]http://www.duallegacy.com/toon/linkfile/warriors/storm.jpg[/img]