Dirty Mary Crazy Larry

The theatre is the only place to talk about movies!

Dirty Mary Crazy Larry

Postby StevenFallonNYC » Fri Mar 18, 2005 2:20 pm

...anyone else here like this classic flick? I'm a big car chase fan, and this is one of my fave movies ever. I'm excited because I just learned it is coming to DVD in June finally!! Widescreen and with extras like commentary and more!

Why will this release kick ass? Because Anchor Bay is putting it out, and they always put out quality product. Great company those people have there.

DMCL definitely has something of a cult audience, kind of like The Warriors. It's considered the ultimate car chase flick, and not even so because there are so many non-stop chases, there are plenty of movies with more chases and wilder chases, it's the great script, tight direction, and cool acting that makes this a great flick.
Big Cyrus. He was gonna run the whole city...what crap that was.
StevenFallonNYC

Dirty Mary Crazy Larry

Postby The Fox » Fri Mar 18, 2005 5:05 pm

Slight change but, i watched Massacre at C High the other night and thought it was great!

Thanks for the tip!
[align=center][img]http://www.duallegacy.com/toon/linkfile/images/thefox.jpg[/img][/align]
The Fox

Re: Dirty Mary Crazy Larry

Postby SoldierHeavyMuscle » Fri Mar 18, 2005 7:57 pm

StevenFallonNYC wrote:...anyone else here like this classic flick? I'm a big car chase fan, and this is one of my fave movies ever. I'm excited because I just learned it is coming to DVD in June finally!! Widescreen and with extras like commentary and more!

Why will this release kick ass? Because Anchor Bay is putting it out, and they always put out quality product. Great company those people have there.

DMCL definitely has something of a cult audience, kind of like The Warriors. It's considered the ultimate car chase flick, and not even so because there are so many non-stop chases, there are plenty of movies with more chases and wilder chases, it's the great script, tight direction, and cool acting that makes this a great flick.
i remember that movie, susan george, and peter fonda, right? another 70's cool car chase flick "eat my dust" remember that cheesy one? with opie cunningham? lol(ron howard)
Tried to give the devil my soul...
She said i had nothing to bargain with...
SoldierHeavyMuscle

Re: Dirty Mary Crazy Larry

Postby The Green Meanie » Fri Mar 18, 2005 11:36 pm

soldierheavymuscle wrote:"eat my dust" remember that cheesy one? with opie cunningham? lol(ron howard)

I actually prefer the sequel, Grand Theft Auto.
[b][url=http://www.illmitch.com]Ill Mitch is STILL MITCH[/url][/b]
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v214/thegreenmeanie/LJ%20Stuff/ILLMitchMic.gif[/img]
The Green Meanie

Dirty Mary Crazy Larry

Postby BigMike7 » Sat Mar 19, 2005 12:26 am

I saw both of those when I was a kid. I couldn't get over Opie/Richie C. as the wild guy.
"I think they forgot about the truce!"
BigMike7

Dirty Mary Crazy Larry

Postby StevenFallonNYC » Sat Mar 19, 2005 5:43 am

Yeah man, Eat My Dust and Grand Theft Auto! Both Corman films, I like "Dust" but also prefer "Grand Theft Auto" especially for broadcaster Don Steele, who was also in DeathRace 2000, Rock and Roll High School and KISS Meets The Phantom!

One tip for car chase fans - a little-known flick called
"Smokey Bites The Dust" came out in '81 (Jimmy McNichol!) and uses a lot of footage from "Grand Theft," but the original footage is unbelievable, including a '55 Chevy jumping from one roof to the next, crashing through the roof it lands on, landing in the middle of an auto dealer, and crashing through the glass driving off! All real, no computer FX!
StevenFallonNYC

Dirty Mary Crazy Larry

Postby StevenFallonNYC » Sat Mar 19, 2005 5:46 am

jamiepikee (Fox) wrote:Slight change but, i watched Massacre at C High the other night and thought it was great!

Thanks for the tip!

Cool Fox!

I'll share something I noticed about the flick. You know how in the beginning they show scenes from the rest of the film? There's one scene not in the film, it's shadowy figures fighting in a hallway, remember that at the start? My guess is that it is a cut scene, maybe after David beat those guys up in the classroom the fight continued in the hallway. And it looks like Mark may be fighting alongside him! Wish that scene was in the film!
StevenFallonNYC

Return to The Movie Theatre [Movie Chat]