Star Wars Holiday special

The theatre is the only place to talk about movies!

Postby The Fox » Sun Mar 20, 2005 5:56 pm

I have just watched this for the first time. It is the worst thing i have ever watched.:shock:

I'm not surprised Mr Lucas wanted to buy all the master copies and burn them! :oops:

I was laughing within 30 seconds of meeting Chewbacca's Family. What the hells all that about. The cartoon part is quite good when you meet Boba Fett.

One thing i found funny was reading some fella's review in IMDM.COM about how he could see how everyone was on Drugs in the 70's after watching this "film". I Thought this was strange until watching the monstrosity for myself :lol:
[align=center][img]http://www.duallegacy.com/toon/linkfile/images/thefox.jpg[/img][/align]
The Fox

Postby StevenFallonNYC » Mon Mar 21, 2005 2:04 am

Hey Fox could you believe I distinctly remember watching the Holiday Special in 1978, me being a Star Wars fanatic, and I didn't last ten minutes before turning it off. Even this 13-year old kid couldn't take that level of crappiness.

I did however write a review of it on the IMDB! Having gotten a bootleg many years later of course. So here's a little self-promotion of my utterly meaningless film reviews....

http://www.imdb.com/user/ur1453055/comments

Lots of Godzilla lol!

But how about that Dianne Carroll? Man is she hot! And the things she is saying to Chewbacca's father! The first cybersex!
Big Cyrus. He was gonna run the whole city...what crap that was.
StevenFallonNYC

Postby skt4477 » Fri May 27, 2005 3:30 am

I'm sure George Lucas will release them one of these days. The characters can't be more annoying than Jar Jar Binks.
[i]Now crawl on by with a fake tear in your eye and think "Isn't he strange?".[/i]

Type O Negative: Who Will Save the Sane?
skt4477

Postby Marlboroprojects » Tue May 31, 2005 7:55 pm

I'm sure George Lucas will release them one of these days. The characters can't be more annoying than Jar Jar Binks.

George Lucas will not even acknowledge that this film exists, let alone release it.
[img]http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y91/oldievonmoldie/Marlborologo.jpg[/img]
Marlboroprojects

Re: Star Wars Holiday special

Postby StevenFallonNYC » Sun Sep 02, 2012 5:20 am

The Holiday Special is important because it does after all, have the first appearance of Boba Fett. And sure enough the Fett sequence from the Special ended up on the Blu-Ray collection!

If Lucas feels he can use some more millions he'll probably eventually put it out. Millions of fans would buy a perfect copy of this, with great commentary and extras.
StevenFallonNYC

Re: Star Wars Holiday special

Postby Suburban Warlord » Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:32 pm

OMG, I had forgotten all about this. I was like 10. Disco Star Wars Holiday
Special!
Suburban Warlord

Return to The Movie Theatre [Movie Chat]