ROCKY BALBOA

The theatre is the only place to talk about movies!
warlord jp

ROCKY BALBOA

Post by warlord jp »

So does anyone plan on seeing this movie. As a boxing fan, and as a fan of the rocky saga, i will go see it for sure. It will also be the final wrap up of the saga... :cry: so i hope its good. :D

Oddity

Re: ROCKY BALBOA

Post by Oddity »

Ive always wondered why boxing fans aswell as boxers themselves like it so much, i cant stand watching him dance around the ring with his arms by his sides failing to even attept ducking or blocking his opponents punches.
"I'll shove that bat up your ass and turn you into a popsicle" - Greatest line of all time

[img]http://www.horrortalk.com/reviews/HitchHiker/HH20.jpg[/img]

adam88

Post by adam88 »

My feeling on this movie, is that he is meant to loose.  Its not the class and act of good guy vs. bad guy anymore.  I believe its the legend passing down the torch to another warrior.  I heard the point of the movie was to go until you have no more, until you pass down your power to another worthy apponant who is hungry just like you, and has that true warrior spirit.  I hope the movie expresses this message.

Storm86
Scout
Scout

Post by Storm86 »

they probably won't but they could always do the "son of Rocky" angle next  :D
[img]http://www.duallegacy.com/toon/linkfile/warriors/storm.jpg[/img]

Ben

Post by Ben »

Its not going to be anything groundbreaking but I for one can't wait to see it.

YoungWarrior

Post by YoungWarrior »

Ben wrote: Its not going to be anything groundbreaking but I for one can't wait to see it.
how can you possibly expect someting grounbreaking out of the SIXTH INSTALLMENT of the series lol

Cowboy79
Soldier The Middle
Soldier The Middle

Post by Cowboy79 »

I saw 1-4 and thought they were all very good but after watching the 5th one I'm not sure about seeing the 6th one. The 5th one was just down right bad, like Godfather 3....

warlord jp

Post by warlord jp »

All of you guys that think that these movie is going to be bad, go see reviews on it.. on the net or wherever.. cuz is getting good reviews. ;)

All Grown Up

Post by All Grown Up »

I for one love these movies. They express the american dream in one of the best ways possible. The struggle for him to come from being a slow nobody to a great fighter is an awsome experience, and I cant wait to see the last one.
[img]http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f381/the10thwarrior/shaunofthedead.jpg?t=1175305134[/img]

adam88

Post by adam88 »

Just got back from seeing it.  I won't ruin it for anyone, but I leave it up to the fans, because theres not enough people who saw it yet to talk about. It amazing I times have changed.

YoungWarrior

Post by YoungWarrior »

how did you see it already

Lion

Post by Lion »

Rocky (the original) was an excellent movie.  The later installments became to mainstream as this new movie: "Rocky Balboa" is or will become.  The times have changed and originality doesn't come around anymore.  Sylvester fell in the same trap as any other actor who has forgotten their roots, they do it for the money and popularity and because they think they can change films again, but that wont happen.
[img]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b232/METALTANK/squares.jpg[/img]

adam88

Post by adam88 »

Yes scurvy dog I caught an early show.  Here in Brooklyn it started at 12:30pm, at the Sheepshead Bay theater.  I guess the new story explains how whether win or loose, even if you have nothing left to prove, fighters fight, until the day they die.

emissary
Scout
Scout

Post by emissary »

I think Rocky Balboa should have been Rocky V and what we know of as Rocky V should not exist.
"When we see the ocean we figure we're home, we're safe."

warlord jp

Post by warlord jp »

emissary wrote: I think Rocky Balboa should have been Rocky V and what we know of as Rocky V should not exist.
I really dont get why people are getting upset at this new rocky movie, true fans should be glad there is one last one. The reason stallone made it is because he wasnt satisfy with the ending of rocky 5, he wanted to put more emotion, and depth in the warapping off the series, which i think he did perfectly