On the beach.

Warriors fan fiction created by members of the forum.

On the beach.

Postby Scaley » Fri Sep 11, 2015 9:34 am

Hi all, I've never posted any fan fiction before, all thoughts on this piece would be much appreciated, as you will probably all realise this extract is set right after the movie ends, thanks.

They’d made it, they’d made it through the night, across the city and finally to the ocean, they were home…they were safe. The group of seven stood watching the ocean, taking in a new day, a day some, if not all, had at times doubted they would ever see. The taste of the ocean salt that met their lips was the reminder that they’d made it home while some of their friends hadn’t, it was a fact all were now reflecting upon as they meandered along the shore heading nowhere in particular just savouring the sense of relief that was rippling amongst them.
After a while they moved away from the water and, finally able to relax, sat at the base of a nearby dune, all but one, the leader. He was a tall young man named Swan, he remained standing, imposing and defiant, a natural leader who was laconic by nature but bold in his actions. He looked down at the six who sat before him, five of them young males all wearing identical brown leather vests bearing the same name emblazoned in red on their backs, shoulder to shoulder, Warriors. These five were named Snow, tall, lean and disciplined the embodiment of a true warrior. Vermin, tough, stocky with a tendency to complain but always there when it mattered, a soldier you could count on. Cochise, a formidable soldier with an eye for action as well as the chicks. Rembrandt, small, shy but resilient nonetheless and finally Cowboy, wearing his customary Stetson was a lithe, quick and amiable soldier. The female, a dishevelled but unconventionally pretty girl was called Mercy, the previous night had taken its toll on her appearance but it was apparent that all that was needed was a shower and a good night’s sleep to remedy that.
Cowboy lay back tilting his Stetson on the back of his head; squinting against the morning sun he looked up at Swan, “What now?” he asked.
Swan took a slight breath, glanced at the ocean then back at the exhausted faces that all bore the strain of the nights hardships and trials, the faces that were now waiting for their leader to once again give them guidance as he had done since they had regrouped in the graveyard after fleeing the conclave in the Bronx just last night. He began, “We meet up tonight at the hangout and I want everyone to be there. Rembrandt, Plato hangs in your block doesn’t he?”
Rembrandt nodded.
“Tell him to spread the word...and you get that arm seen to,” said Swan pointing to Rembrandt’s injured forearm a reminder of the nights events. “Hopefully Cleon and Fox will show up by tonight.”
“And if not?” asked Cochise.
“Then we go back and find them.” Swan replied.
“Go back! You gotta be fucking kidding!” Vermin burst out in bewilderment clearly not happy with Swan’s suggested course of action.
“They’d do it for us.” said Snow as always the calming voice of reason.
“That’s right, they would,” said Swan. ”I’m not going to make anyone go back, it’s up to yourselves. We might not need to go but it’s something we gotta think about. Right now we’re in no shape to do anything so everyone needs to go home and get some rest and we’ll decide what we do tonight after we’ve held a council with the rest of the gang, this isn’t just about us anymore, it’s a family matter.”
“I don’t know about Fox making it back,” said Mercy. “The last I saw him he was wrestling with some cop on the platform of the 96th Street station, I’m pretty sure he got busted.”
“Jesus,” said Rembrandt shaking his head.
“What about Ajax?” asked Cowboy still wondering if he could have done more to help when Ajax got busted in Riverside Park last night.
“Right now there isn’t much we can do about Ajax and don’t forget if he’d stuck with the rest of us he’d probably be here right now, it’s not like we didn’t try to convince him!“ stated Swan.
“That doesn’t make it okay, “replied Cowboy his face sullen.
“No it doesn’t, but for now Ajax is accounted for, Cleon and the Fox ain’t!” Swan shot back.
“Swan’s right man,” said Cochise.
Cowboy nodded, although he didn’t like it he knew his War Chief was right.
“What about me?” asked Mercy.
“You stay with me,” said Swan, his statement drawing a smile from both Cochise and Vermin which soon disappeared when they noticed their War Chief glaring at them; Swan was obviously in no mood to joke. He continued, “The rest of you lay low until tonight, they’ll still be plenty of heat off the cops, especially when they find what’s left of the Rogues on our turf.” He glanced back the way they had just come. He started to wonder what was happening to the Rogues. For a moment he almost felt sorry for them but they’d brought it on themselves and they deserved what they were getting or had already got. Their actions had caused the loss of two of his friends who, for all he knew, could be lying on a slab or rotting in a cell, if the Riffs hadn’t got to the Rogues then the Warriors would’ve, he’d have seen to that.
The group rose in silence and headed back into town avoiding the stretch of beach that had been the scene of their standoff with the Rogues. Eventually the other Warriors’ broke off and went their separate ways leaving Swan and Mercy alone who then walked together in silence through the deserted streets. After a short while Mercy stopped and looked down at her clothes; she slapped her thighs and held out her hands. “Geez, look at me! Don’t suppose you got any clean clothes at your digs?” she asked, the early morning sun now showing the full extent of the toll that the previous night had taken on her appearance.
“Not in your size,” Swan smiled. “I’ll call Lincoln later, she’ll fix you up.”
“Who’s Lincoln? Old girlfriend?” asked Mercy with a smile.
“She’s Cleon’s girl.”
“That’s okay then. I wonder if she’s heard anything?”
Lincoln? Swan thought about going to see her straight away but last night’s trek across Manhat-tan’s cityscape had left him too exhausted to do anything right now. He’d go round later; hopefully he’d find Cleon there ready to bust his chops even though his gut was telling him different, some-thing just wasn’t sitting right with him. He was sure that if Cleon had made it back he’d have found out, surely there would have been some word by now?
They walked a couple more blocks when Swan spotted a Police patrol car further up the street; he pulled Mercy into an alley until it passed. He wondered if the cops had been alerted to the earlier activity on the beach. “C’mon,” he said leading Mercy away after checking that the patrol car was out of sight. Cautiously they approached a hardware store on the corner of a block with a metal staircase running up the side of it which was situated in an alley. Swan took Mercy’s hand and lead her up the stairs until they arrived at a heavy green painted door at the top. Swan reached into the inside pocket of his vest and took out a single key, unlocked the door and gestured for Mercy to go in. She stepped in followed by Swan who shut the door and locked it behind himself.
Mercy looked around the room, it was Spartan but tidy which didn’t surprise her, even though he was young in years Swan never struck anybody as being the sloppy type. He was methodical and orderly and this was reflected in the layout of his home.
Although the layout was that of an apartment a large room was probably a more accurate description, though in Soho they would call it a studio and charge you top dollar for it. As Mercy was stood by the door there was a small bathroom to her left and a double bed to her right, the bed was made with the sheets and blankets folded with a military sharpness. At the foot of the bed to the right was a small TV perched on a stool next to an old teak wardrobe which was backed against the wall with a set of draws next to it. In the far right corner was a bench used for working out placed under a window with various dumbbells arranged by weight in a neat row on the floor besides it. By the far wall was a battered distressed brown leather armchair with a record player on top of an old wooden crate, beside it was a stack of vinyl LP’s . Finally in the far left corner was a kitchen area with a small dining table and two plastic chairs. On the floor in the centre of the room was a clean but well worn rug which appeared to depict an ancient battle maybe of Roman or Greek origin by the look of it. Mercy nodded her approval as she walked around the room in a slow deliberate circle taking in her new surroundings “Nice place,” she announced.
Swan looked at her with a slight smirk on his face.
“I mean it,” Mercy persisted. “You should see the shithole I lived in!”
“I did.”
“Not on the inside you didn’t. How do you afford this place anyway?”
“Mr Monero that owns the shop below rents this place out to me...at a favourable rate. I help him out, just lugging boxes now and then. I also make sure that he doesn’t get any hassle, it benefits us both.”
“I can see how that’d work.”
“It’s been a long night, why don’t you take a shower?” suggested Swan.
Mercy went into the bathroom leaving the door ajar whilst Swan took off his vest and draped it neatly over the back of one of the chairs by the dining table before going to sit in the leather arm-chair. He sat back rubbing his eyes, he was exhausted, the adrenalin that had kept him going through the night had finally worn off and he was starting to ache all over. He heard the water flow as Mercy turned on the shower. “Are you coming in or what?” she called.
Swan smiled, rose from the chair and made his way to the bathroom, maybe he had a little energy left after all!
Scaley

Re: On the beach.

Postby Suburban Warlord » Fri Sep 11, 2015 4:39 pm

I dig it man. Good writing!
Suburban Warlord

Postby Scaley » Sun Sep 13, 2015 9:11 am

Thanks for your reply Warlord. The extract I've posted is just the first paragraphs of Chapter One of an unofficial sequel that I've written, there's another 111,000 words. I wanted to start the story exactly where the movie left off that's why I asked for feedback to see if fans could relate what I have written to the movie.
Scaley

Postby Cochese » Sun Sep 13, 2015 8:27 pm

Yeah, The Best! How about working on a screenplay?
Don't f**k with The Wongs!
Cochese

Postby Scaley » Mon Sep 14, 2015 8:18 am

Steady on there Cochese lets not get carried away, it took me nearly two years to write the story! But you're right a screenplay would be the next logical step though I just write as a bit of a hobby, I've never tackled a screenplay before.
Scaley

Postby Suburban Warlord » Mon Sep 14, 2015 2:54 pm

Very cool man. I would definitely read more if it were made available.
Suburban Warlord

Postby Scaley » Mon Sep 14, 2015 4:02 pm

I'm trying Warlord, I'm trying. I got a few copies printed off for family and friends who are fans of the movie, I'd like to self publish but with Paramount owning the rights this is easier said than done. I sent a copy to Walter Hill as a birthday present and received an email encouraging me to contact Paramount. I like to think that the email was off Walter Hill himself but I also very aware that it could just as well been sent by one of his staff, he's a pretty busy guy after all.
Scaley

Postby Cochese » Mon Sep 14, 2015 8:36 pm

Scaley wrote:I'm trying Warlord, I'm trying. I got a few copies printed off for family and friends who are fans of the movie, I'd like to self publish but with Paramount owning the rights this is easier said than done. I sent a copy to Walter Hill as a birthday present and received an email encouraging me to contact Paramount. I like to think that the email was off Walter Hill himself but I also very aware that it could just as well been sent by one of his staff, he's a pretty busy guy after all.

Is he? Wouldn't bet on it - have you seen Bullet To The Head? Nuff said :lol:
Cochese

Postby Cochese » Mon Sep 14, 2015 8:36 pm

Scaley wrote:Steady on there Cochese lets not get carried away, it took me nearly two years to write the story! But you're right a screenplay would be the next logical step though I just write as a bit of a hobby, I've never tackled a screenplay before.

You finished it yet? :lol:
Cochese

Postby Scaley » Mon Sep 14, 2015 10:00 pm

Nice one!
Scaley

Return to Fan Fiction