Edge's Story ~fin~

Warriors fan fiction created by members of the forum.

Re: Edge's Story

Postby Dud » Sun Jan 03, 2010 9:07 pm

Thanks for that really nice comment, lady warrior. As usual it means a lot, and I've returned it in your thread.  :D

Well here's my penultimate chapter. Not really much to say, except it is pretty long, but it's mostly violence, so hopefully it's not too boring. Hope you enjoy, and I'll try and get the final chapter up tomorrow.  8)

August 25, 1979
7:19 pm

We ended up waiting for seven hours. I stood in front of the large window looking out onto the street in front of the hangout. The guys got restless, and my eyes hurt from staring at the same road for such a long period of time, but when I first saw the Mothers I knew it had been worth it. They had brought one hell of a team with them, and looked pretty armed. I had sent of a group of my most trusted men earlier to round up any Saracens on patrol or in the joints, and almost everyone was accounted for.

“Let’s move.” I said simply, before breaking away from the group and heading towards the hangout exit. The guys followed in rank order, and I couldn’t help but feel that these Mothers had been slowly meeting up over the last few hours – the team was way too big to have come down on the subway altogether, as there was probably around 150 men down. Add in a 20-man support team from the JSBs and they matched our 170-strong army. I had my knuckle dusters on, and also that knife in my pocket. I hoped to God I wouldn’t have to use it; I hate knives. I hate guns too. Blunt trauma beats everything for me; give me a baseball bat over a machete or a revolver.

The Mothers had noticed us coming out of the hangout and stopped halfway down the street, fronted by Tiny and Spider. I led my Saracens until we were around 10 yards away from the SMs, before calling for a halt.

“Well what a coincidence,” Spider chuckled. “On the same night the Jones Street Satans are born, the Saracens are gonna be wiped out. Let’s get ‘em, Satans!”

“Let’s do it!” I muttered determinedly, before charging into the Mothers. Being at the front of the group, Tiny was the first to swing for me, but he was big and his swing was slow, so I ducked underneath it and slammed shoulder-first into the rest of the Satans. I knocked a large number of them down, but stumbled myself and found myself on top of the pile, fighting fists and boots to climb back to my feet. I threw a right hook in the direction of one of the still-standing Mothers surrounding me, before hitting another with a roundhouse kick in the temple. Both of these guys went down, and I span around, before getting punched in the face.

I thought my knuckle dusters were handy, but this guy had a length of chain wrapped around his knuckles, which completely destroyed my face. I went down and boots began raining down on me. I was managing to avoid a lot of these kicks, but they were so many Mothers around me that for every one I dodged, three hit me. Slowly, however, these boots began fading away, and I was able to get back to my feet. I wanted to look for my saviour but my view was severely obscured by the blood coming from the wounds on my face, and my eyes were narrowed.

“You okay, man?” I recognised the voice, and definitely recognised the face as he brushed the blood out of my eyes: it was Mouse. He had ignored by advice, but he had just saved my life, so I wasn’t too upset. As soon as my view was a little better I nodded, and he smiled before turning around and getting stuck into the fight. I broke through the crowd until I was near the pavement and the crowd was less dense, before grabbing a guy and slamming his head against the wall. Blood spurted all over the wall, me and the guy, but I didn’t care. I grabbed another Mother that a Saracen was punching, before throwing him through the window of a nearby DIY store. I kicked the guy in the temple as I walked past to make sure he wasn’t getting up again, before grabbing a spade hanging from the wall.

I then stood at the single broken window and batted away any Mothers trying to get in, only allowing the Saracens inside to get tooled up. When the store was filled with Saracens holding new shiny weapons, I headed back out into the main brawl. I kicked one Mother in the stomach to knock him down to his knees, before driving the end of the spade into his neck. I pulled the spade out as the guy collapsed to the side, dead, before swinging the butt of the wooden handle backwards and catching another SM in the gut. This winded him, so I leaned across and headbutted him to knock him down. I then hit a Satan so hard in the temple with the head of the spade that it fell off and I was left with just the wooden handle, which I used a final time on a Mother that was trying to get to his feet.

The DIY store was serving the Saracens well, and with so many packed Saracens running around the crowd was dwindling and the fight was drawing to a close. I searched through the crowd for Mouse, and found him after helping Nate lay out a rather large Mother. Mouse was just beating down on Spider, and as the Mothers’ co-leader dropped to the floor Mouse turned and gave me a smile. I gave him a nod but then Harry’s face appeared beside Mouse’s like a ghost, and Harry looked directly at me as he raised a knife and pushed it into Mouse’s neck. I tried to yell out, but I wasn’t fast enough, and the last thing Mouse saw before he fell to the floor with blood spurting from his neck was my mouth turning from a smile into an ‘O’ shape. I took a step towards Mouse and Petey, but was jumped on by a large Mother. After a group of Saracens pulled him off of me and began beating on him, I realised it was the ironically-named Tiny.

I ignored the beating and ran over to where Mouse lay dying. I wasn’t going to kid myself, I knew that he was losing a lot of blood and would die even if I hailed a cab right now and got him to Bensonhurst hospital within a few minutes. I lay on Mouse’s stomach and cradled his head as tears rolled down my face. I wasn’t just crying for Mouse, I was crying for everyone. In the last week all 170 Saracens had lost at least one who was close to them, and I had just lost mine.
Last edited by Dud on Fri Apr 09, 2010 1:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dud

Postby the lady warrior » Sun Jan 03, 2010 10:22 pm

OMG mouse is dying :shock: :( that makes me so sad and i cant help but feel sorry for edge and his wife.. and i am so sad about it coming to a close becos this story has bin truly amazing to read and i just love it!! :D oh and i do hope you do another good fan-fic after his, anyways keep it up brutha and let the warrior within be with you!! :lol: 8)
the lady warrior

Postby Dud » Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:17 pm

August 26, 1979
10:56 am

I knew what had to be done. I walked down Main Street with my knuckle dusters already on, and the knife I had swiped from that Caesar guy in my back pocket. I was eventually headed to the JSBs’ hangout, but I had to make one quick stop first. I knocked on the door of Mouse’s house and a heavily-pregnant Sarah opened up. I walked into the house without being invited, and Sarah got onto me straight away: “Where’s Drew?” She asked, Drew being Mouse’s real name.

“He was involved in an incident last night,” I said slowly. “I’m sorry Sarah, but he’s dead.”

She began punching and kicking me; she began screaming that she hated me and that it was all my fault. And you know what? She was right, it was my fault, so I just let her punch and kick me until she gave up and fell into my arms.

“If you need anything, don’t hesitate to ask,” I said soothingly. “Me and the guys will sort out Mous- Drew’s funeral, and I’ll come let you know the details soon. As for the guy who did it...” I pulled out of the embrace. “I’m just about to go visit him.”

I turned away from her and opened the door, before stepping out into the dark and cloudy day. I slowly and gently closed the door behind me, before stopping for a second to adjust my ‘dusters, which had slipped a little of out place during the embrace. I began walking down the steps outside Sarah’s house, but then froze as Harry appeared at the bottom of the steps on the pavement. Time seemed to stand still for a moment as I looked at his ghostlike face, before my examining eyes came to rest on the revolver in his right hand, pointed straight at me.

No, not this way. Was my last thought before Harry shot and the bullet tore through my chest. I took one step forward – I guess I was trying to reach Harry, draw out my knife and slit his throat with my last remaining moments of consciousness – before collapsing and falling down the steps onto the pavement. The first person by my side was Sarah, who rushed out and collapsed on top of me. Some civilians also surrounded me, and I’m sure I could see a couple of black vests above me, as hearing the sirens from the coming ambulance and police cars became the last thing I did before my eyes closed and I fell into darkness.

~fin~

Well, there we go. I just wanted to say a few things, so here’s my epilogue, if you will. First off, let me just say that I never explicitly state whether Edge dies or not, and that’s on purpose. It’s up to you whether you want him to die, or be rushed to the hospital and saved. I’m kinda on the fence about it, as Edge’s death seems an appropriate place to end, but at the same time, I don’t wanna start messing around with the whole Warriors things, and killing off a pretty big supporting character. So yeah, it’s open to your interpretation.

Secondly, just because the Saracens have lost three major players recently in Edge, Mouse & Big Jer, they’re not necessarily finished. Snakefingers would take over as Warlord, with Petey as his Warchief. I have recently been giving Lance & Skipper more mentions in the story, and this is because it’s these two big guys who are gonna step up and become the muscle. So yeah, Snake would probably lead the Saracens in a big war against the JSBs.

Think that’s all the main story points; guess I better just say my closing comments. First, I wanna give shout outs to: nazzac, the lady warrior, The Swan, Scott Ward, BaseballFury100, Baby Bear, papa arnold, 4nik8, and finally Rocko for their comments on this story – some of them truly meant a lot, and reading them made it all worthwhile. I also want to thank everyone who viewed the thread but did not comment, and got this thread up to almost 1,000 views – which I think is an awesome achievement, and one of the biggest view-counts a thread has had for a while in this section.

Not much else to say, except that I think it’s time for me to take a bit of break from writing, so you guys better get to work on these fan-fics so I can comment and keep my post-count up. Also, if you've liked any particular chapters and can't be bothered finding them, then hit up my archive in the first post - I didn't just do it for kicks, y'know. Oh, and if you have any comments or questions I’ll be happy to reply to them and answer any questions you have. For now, though, peace out, and I hope you enjoyed Edge's Story.
Last edited by Dud on Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dud

Re: Edge's Story ~fin~

Postby Rocko » Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:42 pm

This gonna sounds very dramatic, but this was a great and very touching story. I had a great visual of what everything looked like and the facial expressions. It's sad that it's all over  :(  but I like the way you ended giving people a chance to think up a ending  :D

I know your taking a break from writing, but are you planning on another story in time?
Rocko

Postby Dud » Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:20 pm

Awesome comment man, means a lot, thank you. I'll be sure to keep to keep track of your fan-fic and offer any help & comments where I can.  :D

As for your question: when I say I'm taking a break from writing, I really mean I'm just not gonna be posting anything for a while. I'll probably just type up any ideas I have and hope a story comes together from them. The ideas I'm currently toying around with are a prequel of sorts to my Rex's Epiphany story, which I did a while back. Also thinking about doing an expansion story from this one; either one about Edge whilst he was in prison, or how Mouse led the Saracens as Edge was in prison. I haven't ruled out the idea of completely starting afresh and doing a story about an unknown gang either.

Right now I'm leaning towards the Mouse leading the Saracens idea, but does anyone have any thoughts on my story choices?  8)
Dud

Postby Rocko » Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:46 pm

they all sound awesome. It could be both, three paragraphs on Mouse then after that three on Edge in prison, then so on and so forth  :D  maybe there could be a huge prison escape or something with a huge fight scene. No matter what you do it's gonna be cool. that is if you do another story
Rocko

Postby Dud » Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:22 pm

Great idea man. I never actually thought about that, but that actually seems a better way to cover the 13 months I have to. What I'll probably do is just type out any ideas I get, and then try to sort them into some sort of chronological order. So yeah, thanks Rocko, that was really helpful.  :D
Dud

Postby nazzac » Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:46 pm

Man what a fan fic. One of my faves ever. Keep writing m8
Nazzac The Living Legend: http://warriorsmovie.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=11962.0

The Bangers(F): http://warriorsmovie.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=10828.0

FURIES:Their Story(F): http://warriorsmovie.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=10754.0
nazzac

Previous

Return to Fan Fiction