Leaving....

Warriors fan fiction created by members of the forum.
cowboy rules

Leaving....

Post by cowboy rules »

Guys, once again I apoligise, I have to finish my other stories lol. I just read 'Catcher in the Rye' today and wanted to write a Warriors story using the same kind of writing. So heres a small fragment of it.

When most people start stories like these they normally tell you how they grew up and how their parents ignored them and all that kind of stuff. But I’m not like most people. Most people never spend a night running solid for hours on end away from crazed gangs with baseball bats and knifes trying to kill you. Most people never spend a night trying to get home when they’re fifty odd miles away from home, with 80,000 odd people looking for them. But as I said, I’m not like most people.

That night will stick in my head for as long as I live. Goddamn Cyrus with his goddamn idea nearly getting us killed. This Cyrus guy, he wanted to ‘unite’ every gang in the city and overthrow the freaken’ cops as if they were communists or something. Anyway this guy invites all the gangs in the city to this big meeting. Everyone was there, you’d never seen so many people in your life! We stood tall in the middle of the crowd, looking around. There were some freaky characters there I tell you. So then this big shot Cyrus gets up on his podium and starts telling us about his big idea. Thinking about it now….what a load of crap that was!  How did he ever think that was going to work? There was bound to be one crackpot there against the idea. In actual fact, there was. So here we have Cyrus rambling on and on about how we could beat the cops and all. Then a bang! Then silence. Cyrus flew back of the podium and landed hard on the ground. Nobody moved a muscle. Then as if out of nowhere the lights came on and the cops busted in. Everyone started to run. It’s funny, see while Cyrus was giving his speech everyone was for it, take down the cops, run the damn world basically! But now that the cops were there, everyone bailed, no one was up for fighting the cops. But hey, I wasn’t getting put in the slammer. We ran with the crowd, our leader Cleon went back to see what happened to Cyrus. We never saw him again. He vanished just like that. We ran into a graveyard, all eight of us trying to catch our breath. After that we moved out towards the train station to go home. But it wasn’t going to be as simple as that. Hell no! We never knew it at the time, but by the time we got to the train station the word was out. The Warriors shot Cyrus.

Now to tell you every single little detail that happened that night would be a pretty hard task. A lot of it is real hazy now, but I’ll let you know the general jist of it. Now that everyone thought we shot Cyrus, they were hunting for us. Of course we never knew they were hunting for us at the time. They had their Bats, chains , knifes, guns, 2 x 4’s at the ready , in order to take us down. So here we are with 60 000 crazy bastards wanting to kill us and we also got the cops to worry about. We had to get off at Gunhill and wait on another train. We waited and waited and then disaster struck. As soon as the train pulled in the damn AC’s turned up in their bus. There was probably about 30 – 40 of them. Right then I was pretty sure I was going to die. Sprinting down the road trying to get away from the huge green bus. We ended up actually out running it and then we hopped on the train and away we went. We were going home. Or so we thought. We got stopped at Tremont and had to get off the train again. We walked through and eventually met these small timers, the Orphans or something. Well basically we took their chick and annoyed them so they weren’t happy. They tried to brawl with us but they failed. Swan hit them with the Molotov and we were off on the run again towards the train.

Later when we got to Union Square, we were sitting in the train waiting for it to go again and then the worst possible thing happened. The cops showed up. I hate cops. All they do is work day after day trying to make people uphold the ‘law’. And how the hell do they get to decide what the law is? Because some posh guy in a suit said so? Bull crap! I make my own law and stick by it. Anyway the cops showed up and we had to scatter. Swan , Snow , Ajax and I ran out the station away from the cops. But we got into more trouble then. Remember the freaks I told you about at the meeting? Well we met the freakiest. The Baseball Furies. The face painted, baseball uniform wearing, bat wielding freaks! Well once again, we took off down the street. God knows how far we ran. We ran all the way through the park before I had to stop. Ajax was happy to stop though, the lunatic that he is. So we stopped and then WHAM! I get a goddamn bat to the face sending me to the floor. I was out cold. Next thing I remember Swan was picking me off the ground and the freaks were lying around me. Couldn’t of been so tough after all! After the Furies fight we all left. But then Ajax sees this chick on a bench in the park. Now let me explain something. Ajax plus a helpless woman in a park at night is not a good thing. So Ajax decided to lay down a little wool right there and then, and Snow, Swan and Me left him to it. But then me and Snow felt bad and went back for him. He did save me against the Furies after all. So Me and Snow get back and what do you know? He’s being bundled into a cop car. Idiot. There was nothing we could do, we just had to go back and get Swan. We finally reached the station and met the other guys. Then we found Swan. And the Punks. We had to fight them there was no other way. So we led them into the men’s room and got ready. They came in and it started. All hell broke loose! Finally we wrecked them and went and got out train. I tell you, falling asleep on that train was the best thing ever! I woke up back in Coney and we all got off the train. We made it. Well…not quite. The bastards who shot Cyrus were waiting for us. But Swan got their leader good. Then we left them to the Riffs. I’d hate to know what happened to those unlucky sons of bitches!

I should stop and tell you about the guys. It was myself, Swan, Cleon, Vermin, Snow, Cochise, Ajax, Rembrandt and The Fox who went to the conclave. We were the best in the gang. We proved we were the best in the whole damn city that night. The Fox, Ajax and Cleon never made it home. I think about the Fox and Cleon everyday. They didn’t deserve to die. None of us did. Thinking about it, we were just stupid little kids really. Anyway that’s all you have to know right now. You probably wouldn’t like them though, you had to be one of the gang to not see them as a jerk!

Well after that night I decided to leave. I went on patrol the next day then told Swan I wanted out. He understood perfectly. Actually he planned on leaving too. I figured I’d go somewhere else in New York, but I’d really like to go somewhere quiet and peaceful. I saw enough of the city in one night to last me a lifetime. I decided to go Manhattan. I don’t know why , I still don’t know actually but I decided to go anyway. I made my way there hitchhiking and other forms of free transport. I started thinking about my parents that day. I can remember that clearly. They probably didn’t notice I was even gone though. First thing was to find a place to stay. But I needed dough. I had quite a good amount. 400 Bucks. Mostly from my protection money when I was a Warrior. I found this little run down apartment for $50 a week. It wasn’t my ideal, perfect place to live but it would do. The next thing was to find a job….
Last edited by cowboy rules on Thu Oct 26, 2006 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[img]http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c238/stevend06/resiz1.jpg[/img]
[img]http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c238/stevend06/Untitled-2.gif[/img]

"Those were some desperatre dudes! Hey...so was we!!"
"I had sex last night....WITH A GIRL!!!!"

Warriorsnest

Re: 'No name as of yet'......Man I cant help myself anymore!

Post by Warriorsnest »

Hey great story Cowboy. I like how you used one of the Warriors to tell the tale in the past tense. It makes it sound more realistic than reading stories where they talk about beating up ten guys by themselves. Keep up the good writing

cowboy rules

Post by cowboy rules »

I didnt actually know what kind of job I wanted. Of course it couldn't be too fancy or anything seeing as I never had the qualifications. Maybe just something in a bar or a store to keep me going. I decided I was going to go to night school too, just to try and get back into things. I was walking down the street one day and passed a bar that needed help, so I snatchedat the oppertunity. They gave me a job as a bartender after a little inerview. There used to be a great bar in Coney, The Waterfront it was called. The guys and I went in quite a lot. I remember one time we went and got into a little bust up. A group of Mongrels were there too. I never told you about the Mongrels. We hated each other. For as long as I can remember there was a war between us and the Mongrels. So as you can imagine, when they came in all hell was bound to break loose. And to make matters worse , Ajax was there. You could always count on Ajax to start someting. Nothing happened at first ,we just stared at each other, weighing each other up. Then , as if out of nowhere, Ajax randomly stood up and threw his beer at them. It smashed on the table, soaking them all. They all stood up, so did we.

"What do you think you're doin' chump!?" One of The Mongrels said
"I think its obvious fool, you got somethin' to say about it?" Ajax replied. By now people were getting ready to take cover. We walked towards the Mongrels and they did they same.
"Lets do this then" A Mongrel said seconds before we charged at each other. I still had my bottle as a weapon, so I threw it , nailing one of them in the face with it. The Mongrels put up a good fight, but we outnumbered them. Finally we finished them off and stood together, soaked in sweat, beer and blood.
"Pfft.....Wimps" Ajax said. Then we heard sirens in the distance. Normally we wouldnt of heard them but the bar had went so damn slient.
"Come on man, lets go before we get busted" I said. We all walked out the bar and went back to thehangout.

I sure hoped things like that would happen in my bar every so often...

the wigan warrior
Warrior

Post by the wigan warrior »

Very good fan fic, probably the best i've read... Keep up the awesome work and write some more.
I love what you have done hear very very clever.
Oh yeah and try and finish this one :lol:
Last edited by the wigan warrior on Mon Oct 23, 2006 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[img]http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h184/66ext/2wfn1qu.jpg[/img]

cowboy rules

Post by cowboy rules »

First night on the job.....what a drag! First I had some stupid broad hassling me because her glass wasn't clean, then I had to take this drunk guy, and when I say drunk I mean he was in no fit state to walk, out to get a cab, and then I had to break up a brawl between two women. It was a hard job. About half an hour before closing time the place started to get a little quieter so I was relaxed a little. I had my back to the counter, washing the glasses and dishes when I heard a guy behind me.

"Yo bartender, gimme a beer will ya?" He said. I turned round abruptly and nearly dropped the glass I was washing. We looked at each other , eyes wide with surprise. I finally broke the silence.
"Chuck.......Chuck Brown, is that you!?" I asked
"Yeah how did you.......Cow- I mean James.....James Hanson, what the hell are you doin' here!?" He asked
"Well aint it obvious? I work here" I told him. I opened his beer, handed it to him and walked round to the front. "What have ya been doin' with yourself?" I asked
"Well after I left the outfit I went to live with my cousin up in Soho, I'm at college now, in my 3rd year. What about you?" He asked
"I uh......I left the gang a few days ago" I told him, slightly embarassed. Now would be a good time to tell yyou how I knew Chuck. Him and I started off as Warriors together, we were best friends really. Me and him fought in countless rumbles together, always watching each others backs. But what I'll always remember Chuck by, was his trademark blade. He'd took it off a Mongrel in the first rumble we fought it. The guy pulled it on him, most likely expecting chuck to run, but what did Chuck to? Ran towards the guy, putting him to ground with one punch. From that day on he carried that razor sharp, wooden handled switchblade in his pocket. Chuck left the gang about a year after we had started.
"Oh yeah?" Chuck asked me "How is everybody?". I felt a lurch in my stomach when he asked me that. Images came flooding back into my head of that night. I took a deep breath and told him about the guys.
"Um.....Cleon and The Fox are dead, and Ajax is in jail" I said slowly.
"Oh my god....what happened?" He asked me
"Well did you hear about that huge bust just last week? Said around 200 people were arrested? Well I wont go into details but we had to bop our way home to Coney from the Bronx. Cleon and Fox got wasted on the way and Ajax got arrested" I told him. I dont know why, but just then I felt like crying. We never cried in front of the guys. I showed we were soft. Was I going soft? I asked myself. Chuck spoke again.
"Man, thats sad to hear...Well bro I gotta go, How about I come by tomorrow and we can do something?" He said
"Yeah....yeah I finish at 5 tomorrow, just come by" I said
"Ok, sounds good. See ya tomorrow" He walked away
"Oh Chuck, do you still carry that blade with you?" I asked. He turned and looked at me for a second then winked and pulled the handle out his pocket. I smiled at him and he walked out the door. I went back to washing glasses.

the wigan warrior
Warrior

Re: Leaving....

I realy enjoy this, more than any of your other fan fics.
keep it up mate great job so far ;)

cowboy rules

Post by cowboy rules »

The next day was a little better. It wasn't as busy as before. So as planned, Chuck came round and met me at five oclock. We decided to head over to this little chinese joint he knew about. We sat down and waited for a waiter. We began to talk about that night.

"So what you're saying is that every gang in the city was tryin' to get you?" He asked in amazement
"Thats right, every single last one of 'em.......those bastards framed us good, but we beat them in the end. I'd hate to see what The Riffs done to 'em. So hows your folks?" I asked
"Yeah they're ok, Sandy's gone a little off the rails though" He told me, his voice lowering slightly. Sandy was Chucks little brother, I used to love that little guy, he could put a smile on anyones face. He would be 15 now.
"How come?" I asked Chuck
"Well hes started hangin' out with the wrong crowd...just like we did" Chuck explained. The wrong crowd.....so thats what Chuck thought of us.....the wrong crowd.
"Theres the waiter coming, lets order"

After we'd eaten we headed off to a bar down the road. It was getting dark and the bar was already buzzing. As we got nearer Chuck stopped dead in his tracks, his face chalk white.

"Whats the matter?" I asked. Chuck grabbed me and pulled me down an alley
"See that guy over there with the brown coat on?" He asked me
"Yeah"
"Thats Anton Marinelli"
"That mob guy?"
"Yeah, and I owe him money"
"You what!?" I asked in astonishment "Chuck those guys are gangsters! They'll frieken kill you!"
"...Tell me somethin' I don't know" He said, weighing up the situation "We gotta get out of here. Come on through here" He said walking through a door in the alley. It led to the back of a shop, which luckily was still open. We walked through casually and to my surprise no one questioned us. We left the shop through the front and walked with our heads down and collars up. After what seemed like an eternity we got away. I was scared half to death. I've saw a lot of rumbles in my time, but these guys were much more than a usual street gang. We hopped into a cab and went back to Chucks place. He told me Sandy was gonna stay with him tonight. I was excited to meet the little guy again.

the wigan warrior
Warrior

NICE, i like this its very very different. Reminds me of a movie i saw a while ago, but i can't remember which  ::) keep it up mate, i look forward to reading the next part.

cowboy rules

Post by cowboy rules »

......Ah why the hell not update! I'm bored anyway lol And guys, could you please leave feedback? Cheers  ;)

After the night Cyrus got shot I started thinking. Whats the point in all this? I mean, the gang, the fights, everything bad that happened to my friends. For rep? For protection? Maybe some needed protection, maybe others got a thrill out of it. But what about me? I was lost really. Then I realised I didnt belong in a gang. There wasnt any point. The fighting got us no where. Thats why I left. Thats why I wanted a better life.

Chucks place was a nice apartment, in Soho. He had moved only a few blocks away from his cousin. I walked in and was welcomed to the smell of a microwave dinner and cat food. We sat down on his couch and Chuck gave me a beer.

"So tell me, why in the hell do you owe Anton Marinelli money!?" I asked him. It just surprised me, it was the thing I least expected from Chuck.

"I needed it to get me through college, I work in a supermarket, its not exactly the most high paying job in the world, and Mon and Dad aint about to pay for me either, seeing as they're still back in Coney"

"Well why not just get another job?" I asked

"I'd rather not talk it about it ok? I'll get it sorted" He said to me. We were silent for a few minutes after that. Then Chuck said

"Hey, remember that time we rumbled with the Mongrels on the beach? That big showdown when we kicked them out of Coney?" He asked me

"Yeah, why?" I remember back to that fight. It was Chuck's first real rumble, the fight he got his blade in.

"It was the first time we fought together. And you watched my back. I...I never did thank you for that" He said

"Bro I'd have done it for anyone" I said smiling at him "Man, we fought those Mongrels a lot"

"Yeah, but it was always you that was there at the right time. I mean I only fought them 2 or 3 times, and it was hardly a fight, just us beating the crap out of them. You were in lots of full blown rumbles with them" He said, his voice sounded sad for some reason. Maybe that was the real reason he left the gang.

"Well I never got a tuff blade out of any of my rumbles, only a few sore faces" I said smiling, trying to cheer Chuck up. At that he pulled his blade out. It was polished and still razor sharp. He obviously kept it in good condition. Then something hit me.

"You never really wanted to leave the gang did you?" I asked him

"......No.......I had to. It was tearing my Mom and Dad apart, I had to do it" He said. He never took his eyes of his knife while he was speaking. At that moment I felt sorry for Chuck. He gave up what he loved for his family. All he had left from the gang was his knife. Just then there was a knock on the door. Chuck put his blade in his pocket and went to answer the door. I heard him speaking to someone.

"Where have you been? I told you to be here at eleven. Your half an hour late!" He said. I heard the other voice reply. It was a boy's

"I got into a little trouble, nothin' big" He said. Then Chuck walked in with Sandy. I stood up.

"Hey Sandy, remember me?" I asked. He looked at me with a blank expression on his face "You dont remember?" I asked grinning slightly

"Wait......James Hanson!" He said running over and hugging me

"Hey how you doin' buddy? I aint saw you for years" I said to him "We got a lot of catchin' up to do"

I looked at the boy. He had changed. He looked so much more grown up. He looked tough, as if he didnt care about anything. But Sandy Brown could never be like that. He was too emotional.

"So Sandy, why dont ya tell James who you hang with now" Chuck said, trying to put his brother on the spot.

"Shutup Chuck!" He said

"Hey, you can tell me kiddo, come on" I said

".......I hang out with the 12th Street Rockers" He said

"Who are they?" I asked them

"His 'gang'. They aint a gang though. All they do is write their names on walls and pick pocket candy bars" Chuck said

"No we dont, we bop with plenty of other gangs. We were in a fight last week!" Sandy said , obviously proud of himself.

"Hey kid, take it from me, you dont wanna be doing that. You see things that no kid should have to see" I told him , trying to dissuade him from the idea.

"Oh yeah? Well tell me some of the things you guys and your gang saw. I know what you guys did" He said

"You wanna kno? Alright" I said. I was going to tell him a story that he'd never forget!

End of this part guys, what do you think?

GramercyRiff99

Post by GramercyRiff99 »

This story is awesome to the point where it transcends the boundary of awesome and enters an area of awesome that remained undiscovered until now. [/run-on sentence]

Seriously, this is one of the best stories I've ever read. I really like the way you've gone with it, exploring the more human side of the characters.

Really looking forward to the next part. :D

the wigan warrior
Warrior

GramercyRiff99 wrote: This story is awesome to the point where it transcends the boundary of awesome and enters an area of awesome that remained undiscovered until now. [/run-on sentence]

Seriously, this is one of the best stories I've ever read. I really like the way you've gone with it, exploring the more human side of the characters.

Really looking forward to the next part. :D
He's right C, couldn't have put it better myself.
Get that kid told, make him cry.  :badgrin:

TheFlamingSwan666

Post by TheFlamingSwan666 »

Yo buddy I love that story please finish it iight.

SixteenM16s

Post by SixteenM16s »

this is a great story man make sure to keep it up

cowboy rules

Post by cowboy rules »

After my story , Sandy went to bed, he told us he had a rough night and he was tired. After Sandy left , Me and Chuck talked some more and he went to bed. So it was Me, Myself and I left in the room. I began to think about the gang. I wondered what they were doing. If eveyone was still there. If anyone had try to muscle into their turf. I actually began to miss them. Right at that moment I had a huge urge to go back to the gang, even if that meant leaving Chuck. Thinking about it made me a little down and I decided to have a drink. I got myself a beer and lay down on the couch, thinking about the team. All the times we had fought with each other and stuck together. I remembered the hardest fight I ever fought. The hardest fair fight that is, not when we were being hunted by a million guys! It was Me, Cochise, Ajax, Fox and Jackson. Jackson was the newblood at the time. We were all just hanging out down at the amusement park when the Mongrels came out of nowhere and surrounded them. They had backup from the Gerrards with them too. The guys and I stood off with them, Ajax being his usual lippy self. And, not surprisingly, he was the first to throw a punch. Then the rumble was on. I went straight for a very dumb looking Gerrard. He swung for me and nearly hit me, but I moved out the way just in time, and punched him in the ribs good. He doubled over and I started going at him with a fury. I left him on the ground in a bloody mess. Then I was tackled to the floor by a Mongrel. He kneeled on my chest, making it hard for me to breath. I struggled to get him off me while he socked me in the face. I started to feel feint when The Fox took a bit of fence to his head. I stumbled up and went after another guy. After 10 minutes of solid fighting, the Mongrels and Co. ran away. We werent left unhurt though. Cochise broke his arm and Ajax left with a gash on his head and some teeth missing. I only had a sore chest. After that I began wondering why Chuck left. Did he really see us as 'the wrong kind' or did he really enjoy being there and had to go because of his family? I thought about it for a while, but really it wasn't my business. Eventually, I fell asleep.

My feet were pounding the ground so hard they were hurting. My heart was beating so hard I thought it was going to explode. Behind me I could hear the engine roaring and the shouting of the Turnbull AC's. I was running blindingly fast, but the station still wasn't getting nearer. It was going further away. I looked behind me. The guys had gone, vanished into thin air. The bus was catching up with me. It was at my heels now. I ran faster , harder, still hearing the shouting and laughing behind me. Then I tripped and fell....everything went hazy and a deafining noice filled the air.

I woke up in a cold sweat, bolt upright, breathing heavily. I looked around , taking in my surroundings. I was back in Chuck's place. Sandy was standing watching me.

"You ok James?" He asked me
"Yeah....yeah I'm ok thanks" I replied unconvincingly "Wheres Chuck?"
"He went to the store to get some milk and bacon" He told me.

Just then the door flew open and Chuck slammed it shut behind him. We ran into the hallway to see what was going on. Chuck stood panting, and there was shouting outside.

"What the hells goin' on!?" I asked him
"James, its him, its Marinelli! He's here for his money! He said, his face pale white.
"What? What money?" Sandy asked
"Get him outta here James!" He said to me. I grabbed Sandy and took him to the fire escape.
"Sandy, go to the train station and stay there. We'll come and get you soon" I said. He must of saw the concern on my face because he went without question. I ran back to the hallway and saw Chuck with his blade in his hand.

"We have to fight them, we cant get outta here!" He said to me
"Yeah I know" I said, picking up a kitchen knife "Let them come to us, catch them by surprise"
"Okay, you go into the bathroom, I'll go in the bedroom" He said.

We both ran into the rooms and waited them coming in. Ther was kicking at the door. They were getting closer. I stood , rigid, scard to move awaiting them coming. It hadn't been a good day so far. It was about to get a lot worse however....

cowboy rules

Post by cowboy rules »

I crouched low, the strain on my lower legs becoming greater by the second. A cold sweat rolled slowly down my cheek and I was trembling. I'd seen more rumbles than most of the people I knew, even in the gang, but nothing as heavy as this. I waited, clutching the wooden handle of the blade hard. Eventually I heard the door fly off the hinges and they came in. I swallowed hard and took a deep breath. Right them I wished I was back in Coney more than ever, sitting on the boardwalk with the guys , having a beer. I'd have done anything to get out of there. I heard them talking, one of them telling the others to spread out. There were four of them from what I could hear. They were in the kitchen , tearing the place apart. Next it would be the other bedroom, then Chucks bedroom. I leaned against the cold tiled wall of the bathroom , my breath getting heavier. They were a room away from Chuck now. I'd have to do something or Chuck would be killed. It wasnt fair. He had too much to live for. I had to do something. I somehow managed to stand up on my now jelly legs, and slightly stick my head out the door. I saw them coming out of the bedroom and whipped my head back in. I was sure they had saw me but they never. They came to Chucks room. I wanted to bawl. I wanted to start crying right there and then for some reason. Chuck was inches away from death. I heard them tearing the room apart, but no sign that they had found him. I decided to stop them before they found him. I edged my way out the bathroom and snuck silently across the hall towards the bedroom. I clutched the blade tighter as I reached the entrance to the room. There was one man with his back to me and the other two were about to open the closet. Right at that moment I saw Chuck burst out the closet and slash one of the men down the face with his brown handled blade. Then I seized my oppertunity. Just as I was about to stab the man in front of me he turned round. I managed to bring the blade across his face, firing blood against the wall. The man fell backwards a bit, obviously dazed. By then Chuck had stabbed the other one he was fighting and that left my opponent. He spun round and tried to land a punch on my face but he missed completly. I swung as hard as I could with the handle and landed a hard blow on his temple. He crumpled to the ground unconscious. I looked at Chuck and smiled. That was the stupidest thing I'll ever do. As I smiled I felt a hard knock on the back of my head and the floor rushed up to meet me. How could I forget the fourth guy? I heard muffled speaking then a single shot. I saw the blurred figure of Chuck fall to the ground, blood pouring out his chest. Then everything went black...

Feedback please guys  :mrgreen: