Another great series from HBO, THE PACIFIC

Lounge around and chat about shows on the box.
turnbull gbr

Another great series from HBO, THE PACIFIC

Post by turnbull gbr »

Anybody being watching The Pacific?
It's really good, were only up to episode 3 in England and it's only showing on Sky movies, TV series on the Movie channel? Money grabbing insert your own swear word here.
Im up to episode 6 because i've been downloading it from pirate bay, cheaper than paying for Sky TV.
There is only a few actors i recognise, William sadler, The young kid from Jurassic Park, and the gay next door neighbour from The War At Home who is particularly good in this.
Wish i'd waited till i had all 10 episodes before i started watching it though, because once you've watched one episode you just want to watch the next, then the next. But thats the same with most HBO series's.

Series Series's seriess serieses ?? :?
Last edited by turnbull gbr on Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
**I got an inkling it's gonna be the one the children bicker over, it's that warriors vs baseball fury element that glitches motor sensory developement, i am a star really,**

Ninth Delegate

Re: Another great series from HBO, THE PACIFIC

Post by Ninth Delegate »

I watched the first 4 episodes back to back.  Probably wait till episode 8 comes out and do a simular viewing.  I've always thought that Bill Sadler has good screen presence.
This series puts my subwoofer through its paces.  The series battle scenes are a lot like Eastwoods Letters from Iajima (did I spell that right?).  At the moment, I still think Band of brothers slightly outshines Pacific.  Well worth a viewing.
[IMG]http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k70/shaunographic/warriorssig.jpg[/IMG]
Laziness is a skill that must be practiced everyday.

GramercyRiff99

Post by GramercyRiff99 »

Oh damn, this has been on already? I made a mental note to check it out after I saw Tom Hanks on The Colbert Report promoting it, then totally forgot. I'll have to track down what's aired already.

turnbull gbr

Post by turnbull gbr »

If your in America or Canada they've aired up to episode 6.
If your in England i think they are up to episode 3.
**I got an inkling it's gonna be the one the children bicker over, it's that warriors vs baseball fury element that glitches motor sensory developement, i am a star really,**

Cyrus

Post by Cyrus »

I'll probably wait for this to be released on blu-ray, and then watch all episodes, I don't have Sky box, and don't wanna download it from torrent sites, would like to see it in HD.
"Can you count, suckers?
I say the future is ours...If you can count!"

War Chief
Administrator
Administrator

Post by War Chief »

This looks awesome. I loved Band of Brothers and have been waiting years to see this. However, without a Sky subscription I will also have to wait for Blu-Ray.
The one and only!

Cyrus

Post by Cyrus »

War Chief wrote: This looks awesome. I loved Band of Brothers and have been waiting years to see this. However, without a Sky subscription I will also have to wait for Blu-Ray.
Hope it won't be too expensive on blu-ray. Saying that, 'Band of Brothers' blu-ray disc set is £20 in HMV, which is really cheap!
"Can you count, suckers?

War Chief
Administrator
Administrator

Post by War Chief »

Yo can guarantee it'll be around £40+ when it comes out and will drop to £20 after a year or so like Band of Brothers.
The one and only!

turnbull gbr

Post by turnbull gbr »

Someone on Ebay has the DVD's for sale now for £45 he says it's going to be £100 on Play.com when it comes out.
I can't see it being that much though.

Cyrus

Post by Cyrus »

turnbull gbr wrote:
I can't see it being that much though.
I agree, the seller is probably trying to sell as many DVDs as he can before Play.com starts selling them.
"Can you count, suckers?

MiddleMan07
Warrior

Post by MiddleMan07 »

Watched the whole show every week for 10 weeks. Great on so many levels. Another classic war saga from Spielberg and Hanks.

Lion

Post by Lion »

man i love this show, i myself couldn't handle being in their shoes.  great heroes those boys!
[img]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b232/METALTANK/squares.jpg[/img]