RIP Bam Bam Bigelow

Welcome to Coney Island Stadium, the place to talk sport!
Storm86
Scout
Scout

RIP Bam Bam Bigelow

Post by Storm86 »

WWE.com has learned that former WWE Superstar Scott "Bam Bam" Bigelow has passed away in Florida.

Kevin Doll, the Public Information Director for the Pasco County Sheriff's Office confirmed that Bigelow was found dead early this morning in his home in Hudson, Fla.

"We can confirm that Scott Bigelow was found in his home this morning. At this time the cause of death is unknown," Doll told WWE.com.

Doll also confirmed that the Pasco-Pinellas Counties medical examiner has taken the body and an autopsy will be performed.

Bigelow, 45, worked for WWE, ECW and WCW extensively throughout his 20-year sports-entertainment career. A former ECW Champion, ECW Television Champion and WCW Tag Team Champion, he is perhaps best known for his rivalry with Lawrence Taylor that culminated in the main event of WrestleMania XI in 1995

this is really shocking because he seemed to be in pretty good health.  :(
[img]http://www.duallegacy.com/toon/linkfile/warriors/storm.jpg[/img]

adam88

Re: RIP Bam Bam Bigelow

Post by adam88 »

Bam Bam, was a wrestler who marked his spot and legacy on this earth.  The first match.  I remember when he won the ECW championship against Tazz, it showed that he was a great man of skill.  I will always remember him, and what he accomplished.  Thanks Scott, R.I.P., we will never forgot you.  It sad how him and many other great superstars pass. They were such great people.

warlord jp

Post by warlord jp »

mmm.. Bam, bam bigelow... I am defenitley not a fan of wrestilng, but i remember a WHILE back when i got the ps1 for christmas, the first game i got for it was a wrestling game, and i remember him being my favorite character to use.. Anyways this sucks to all the wrestling fans.
R.I.P

ajax the warrior

Post by ajax the warrior »

bam bam bigelow was a hell good wrestler and he was in ecw he was one of the most harcore wrestlers ever when he had that match with tazz that was hell good and i was very sad when bam bam died and i cant believe that he died why are so many wrestlers dying these days like eddie guerero and bam bam and chris benoit it is just weird.
Im a little teapot short and stout

Swan 1979

Post by Swan 1979 »

Bam Bam Bigelow was a great wrestler.He had some amazing matches with Tazz I remember it was Tazz and Bam Bam and Tazz did a belly to back suplex I think and him and Bam Bam went straight through the floor.Bam Bam was also a great wrestler because how acrobatic he was for size the man could do moonsaults and he weigh over 300 pounds so thats another great thing to remember about Bam Bam.R.I.P
[img]http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc260/swan197/swan1979.jpg[/img]

stevo2k6

Post by stevo2k6 »

whats happening all wrestlers and ex wrestlers seem to be dropping like flies this last decade!
S.Ritson

emissary
Scout
Scout

Post by emissary »

stevo2k6 wrote: whats happening all wrestlers and ex wrestlers seem to be dropping like flies this last decade!
Well, as I mentioned before, pro wrestling has an element of death that always and has  always surrounded it.  It's actually an interesting topic to research.  (which I have)
"When we see the ocean we figure we're home, we're safe."

adam88

Post by adam88 »

emissary, it seems as if your reply deals with Chaos theory.  Its hard to explain,  but it seems that the element of wrestling trys to go in a direction in which it is not supposed to go.  Its like Mcmahon, is trying to make wrestlers into his own personal image, which is not meant to go that way,  Inevitable, the choices he make go on the edge of the Chaos system, causing wrestlers to fall into it.  Life is shapless, and formless and goes through any dimension, which Vince can't control.  Good point.

emissary
Scout
Scout

Post by emissary »

Yes, that could explain why all these deaths are quite varied.  Often substance abuse but also wrongful death and pure accidents occur around these guys.
"When we see the ocean we figure we're home, we're safe."

adam88

Post by adam88 »

I am glad you see what I am saying emissary.  I mean take poor guys like Hogan.  I mean the guy can't even come back ounce in a while and make decent money.  Vince wants him to work harder, in order to give the guy the right amount of money he deserves.  Its like he won't give the old timers any peace, there not machines.  Its harder when you have a family to.