Most succesful English football club?

Welcome to Coney Island Stadium, the place to talk sport!

Re: Most succesful English football club?

Postby Dowley ov wcb » Mon Jun 25, 2007 8:18 pm

I'm a bit slow? Ye chattin bubbles I said on here that he is going and someone said he isn't. I've known for a long time he was going, it was been covered about 3 or 3 week ago in Mirror paper. Arsenal will not get top 4 finish now
Dowley ov wcb

Postby the wigan warrior » Mon Jun 25, 2007 8:24 pm

Dowley ov wcb wrote:I'm a bit slow? Ye chattin bubbles I said on here that he is going and someone said he isn't. I've known for a long time he was going, it was been covered about 3 or 3 week ago in Mirror paper. Arsenal will not get top 4 finish now

Yeah i agree with you there, deffinatley gona struggle without him.

Wengers next to go.
[img]http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h184/66ext/2wfn1qu.jpg[/img]
the wigan warrior
Warrior

Postby turnbull_badger » Tue Jun 26, 2007 10:28 am

chattin bubbles? never heard that before.
arsenal are thinking about buying Carlos Tevez, and i don't think we'll struggle, we have Van Persie, Cesc Fabregas, Tomas Rosicky, all world class players
[img]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j189/turnbull123/turnballbadger.jpg[/img]
turnbull_badger

Postby Journey » Tue Jun 26, 2007 8:58 pm

Dowley ov wcb wrote:Journey your keeper would have done well but against some of the teams in the league it would have been a walk in the park, but he would have done well in the chapions league if he played I dont know.

Players still shoot the same ball no matter whereabouts in the world you play, Goalkeeping is the one position you can't completely judge by what league they play in.

Well consider this in the games we played away in the Champions League, we conceded a hell of a lot of goals (9), yet he was still our best player in each game. And then at "Fortress" Parkhead we conceded 0 goals in 4 games against Copenhagen, Benfica, AC Milan and Manchester United (Penalty save against Louis Saha anyone?). Maybe he isn't the second best goalie in the world but he definitely in the top 5.
[img]http://gamingw.net/pubaccess/33022/sig.png[/img]
Journey

Postby Dowley ov wcb » Thu Jun 28, 2007 12:57 am

Ye I know because I am a goalkeeper but it is harder to save shots from better players, it would be harder to save a shot from Drogba than a shot from Beattie because things like skill, power, accuracy etc.

I saw the pen save by Saha and I jumped up cheering because I cant stand united. Just thought I would say.
Ye it is a good record at home and not many keepers would be able to keep 4 clean sheets at home in the Champs League but I feel that he wouldn't be as good if he played better quality teams each week because in the league Rangers are their biggest threat and now Rangers are equivalent to a Uefa cup team now.

To turnbull they want him but he has said he wants to go to Inter Milan, but Arsenal have said they want Anelka aswell. Ye all of those are world class players especially Fabregas who in my eyes is better then Ronaldo and Rooney but they need more experience to help the young ones, they could do with a experienced centre back, another experienced midfielder like Gilberto and an experienced striker to help Adaboyor (sont know the spelling)
Dowley ov wcb

Postby turnbull_badger » Thu Jun 28, 2007 11:06 am

today's copy of The Sun says Arsenal are planning a 13m bid for Obafemi Martins, it would be good if we could get him
[img]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j189/turnbull123/turnballbadger.jpg[/img]
turnbull_badger

Postby Journey » Thu Jun 28, 2007 4:02 pm

Good for you maybe, Martins was our best player last year and he does more for the team than Michael Owen does (in terms of overall ability). It wouldn't surprise me if they let him go though, with Allardyce now in charge, he probably thinks he's too lazy to play for his team.

I'm really not happy with the appointment of Allardyce though, I just don't like him as a person, he's a great manager, don't get me wrong but he is probably the most biased manager I've seen in a long time (except Mourinho... but at least Mourinho is funny when he does it). And it's that type of quality that I really don't like in managers.
[img]http://gamingw.net/pubaccess/33022/sig.png[/img]
Journey

Postby rob14 » Sun Jul 01, 2007 5:06 pm

its liverpool

its painfull 2 say it because i am from manchester and are a loyal united fan

U...N...I...T...E...D
rob14

Postby ajax the warrior » Sun Jul 08, 2007 10:43 pm

Man united have won the most i think they have won it the most or arsenal but chelsea have won it alot as well but i dont really know for sure it does,nt really tell you who is the most successful football team.
Im a little teapot short and stout
ajax the warrior

Postby yids-warrior » Mon Jul 09, 2007 11:05 am

ajax the warrior wrote:Man united have won the most i think they have won it the most or arsenal but chelsea have won it alot as well but i dont really know for sure it does,nt really tell you who is the most successful football team.

have you even read this topic????its liverpool for the last time,ITS LIVERPOOOOOOLLL!!!!! :x :x
and as for chelsea winning it lots get a grip of yourself!you dont even know what youre talking about!
[img]http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z290/yids78/yids-warrior.jpg[/img]
"i think we better go and have a look for ourselves!"
yids-warrior
Warrior

Previous

Return to The Stadium [Sport Chat]