Most succesful English football club?

Welcome to Coney Island Stadium, the place to talk sport!
bs4gas

Re: Most succesful English football club?

Post by bs4gas »

well liverpool have won the title more times than any other team  (18)
everton have had the most seasons in the top flight (107)
manchester united have won the f.a cup most times (18)
arsenal have the most consectutive seasons in the top flight (87)
but overall the most succesful club in the statistics is none other than liverpool fc
[img]http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j319/bs4gas/ww.jpg[/img]
i dont suffer from insanity,i enjoy every minuite of it

CRASH

Post by CRASH »

The most successful English football club is definetly Liverpool FC. Well known and proven. LFC 4 life!
"We're gonna get japped here, we're gonna get japped!"- Vermin
[img]http://img103.imageshack.us/img103/6814/copyofohs01za3.jpg[/img]
[img]http://img519.imageshack.us/img519/7043/userbarwarriorsmw8.jpg[/img]

turnbull_badger

Post by turnbull_badger »

no way is the premier league going back to anfiled next season, its comin down to the Emirates. next season we'll have Thierry Henry and Robin Van Persie back from injury, we're gonna be unstoppable! i can smell another unbeaten season! and i still can't believe were the only english team to have ever achieved an unbeaten season, i thought man utd had got one too
[img]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j189/turnbull123/turnballbadger.jpg[/img]

TheGingerWarrior

Post by TheGingerWarrior »

Liverpool are the most succesfull club on trophies. Go on the mighty Reds!

Shall we make it 6 against milan? Im crapping myself
[img]http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j228/conormck/dr.pepper.gif[/img]
Thanks Cowboy is Cool for the Userbar!!

turnbull_badger

i'd prefer it if liverpool won the champions league this season but i think milan will get their own back.
[img]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j189/turnbull123/turnballbadger.jpg[/img]

Dowley ov wcb

Post by Dowley ov wcb »

Liverpool best english AND british team of all time.
People say man u but they just glory supporters, same with chelsea
Rangers and Celtic aren't as good as teams like everton, bolton and pompy etc so they dont come close to be the top teams, they bound to win titles they play cahmpionship quality teams every week, its like spurs playing barnsley (tarn n proud) and hull week in week out

Or yes and next season the trophy will be liverpools if they get Villa and they will get the champs league against milan who hammered man u haha!

Rhumours are henry said he wants to leave so if he does thats another trophy less season for arsenal.

FA cup tomoro, hate both teams but want chelsea 'cos hated man u all my life

Forest are out of the play-offs thank god, scabs!

turnbull_badger

i dont know where you heard the rumour about henry but its not true. henry said in an interview that he wants to stay at arsenal till the ends of his career

Journey

Post by Journey »

Dowley ov wcb wrote: Rangers and Celtic aren't as good as teams like everton, bolton and pompy etc so they dont come close to be the top teams, they bound to win titles they play cahmpionship quality teams every week, its like spurs playing barnsley (tarn n proud) and hull week in week out
Ha, you've obviously never watched Celtic play have you? Are we talking about the same Celtic that matched Man U in the champions league at Old Trafford (yes they did get beat... but Celtic were, in places, Celtic were playing 'em off the park)? The same team that beat Man U at home even though Celtic were playing terrible? The same team that AC Milan didn't score against for 200 mins over two legs?

They have the second best goalie in the world (right now... as in he is on form), they have a great defence, a great playmaker and a good midfield aswell as a world class striker up top.

Even Rangers whould be an upper echelon Mid-table team, They are far better than a team like Villa, hell, they're probably even better than Blackburn who were right up there this year.
[img]http://gamingw.net/pubaccess/33022/sig.png[/img]

CRASH

Post by CRASH »

TheGingerWarrior wrote: Liverpool are the most succesfull club on trophies. Go on the mighty Reds!

Shall we make it 6 against milan? Im crapping myself
Yo, my man!    "You'll never walk alone!"  :mrgreen:
"We're gonna get japped here, we're gonna get japped!"- Vermin
[img]http://img103.imageshack.us/img103/6814/copyofohs01za3.jpg[/img]
[img]http://img519.imageshack.us/img519/7043/userbarwarriorsmw8.jpg[/img]

Dowley ov wcb

Post by Dowley ov wcb »

To Journey, ye I have seen Celtic quite alot and i regret some of the matches I have seen.
Fair enough they are the best team in Scotland but the scottish league isn't anything special, apart from mighty Gretna!
Al give you it you played well against United but so did teams like West Ham who finished just above the relegation zone and they beat United at home and AWAY!

Who is your keeper at minute am not quite sure is it Boruk or Boruc? But a can't see him being better then Cech, Coupet, Casillas, Van Der Saar, Dida, Robinson, Buffon, Reina, Kahn, Rensing and many more but its late so cant be bothered to name them.

Whos the world class striker? VOH? Ye he is a good player, a very good player but I wouldn't go as far as world class striker, he's know Henry, Villa, Van Nistelrooy, Eto'o, Raul, Drogba, Toni but ye he is a very good player.

To who said about that rumour well watch sky sports news nearly every other day there are stories on it and even in the paper it was showing the odds of both Henry and Wenger to be at Barca next season. I can se ehim going because he of the David Dean incident and he needs more better players with him, yes they will be a brilliant team in a couple ov seasons with how good the youths are but there needs to be a couple more experienced players atleast 4 in the squad.

What is peoples verdict on the next season? I can see it between United, Chelsea and Liverpool if they get the money.
I wish premier league was as tight as La Liga, there will be about 5 teams or more battling at the top of the league.
Being a Barsnley fan I so hope Sheff United don't get back into the premiership, fair enough West Ham should have lost points but what does it say about the Premier league if teams depend on teams loosing points to stay in the league

the wigan warrior
Warrior

Post by the wigan warrior »

Dowley ov wcb wrote: To Journey, ye I have seen Celtic quite alot and i regret some of the matches I have seen.
Fair enough they are the best team in Scotland but the scottish league isn't anything special, apart from mighty Gretna!
Al give you it you played well against United but so did teams like West Ham who finished just above the relegation zone and they beat United at home and AWAY!

Who is your keeper at minute am not quite sure is it Boruk or Boruc? But a can't see him being better then Cech, Coupet, Casillas, Van Der Saar, Dida, Robinson, Buffon, Reina, Kahn, Rensing and many more but its late so cant be bothered to name them.

Whos the world class striker? VOH? Ye he is a good player, a very good player but I wouldn't go as far as world class striker, he's know Henry, Villa, Van Nistelrooy, Eto'o, Raul, Drogba, Toni but ye he is a very good player.

To who said about that rumour well watch sky sports news nearly every other day there are stories on it and even in the paper it was showing the odds of both Henry and Wenger to be at Barca next season. I can se ehim going because he of the David Dean incident and he needs more better players with him, yes they will be a brilliant team in a couple ov seasons with how good the youths are but there needs to be a couple more experienced players atleast 4 in the squad.

What is peoples verdict on the next season? I can see it between United, Chelsea and Liverpool if they get the money.
I wish premier league was as tight as La Liga, there will be about 5 teams or more battling at the top of the league.
Being a Barsnley fan I so hope Sheff United don't get back into the premiership, fair enough West Ham should have lost points but what does it say about the Premier league if teams depend on teams loosing points to stay in the league
Van Nistelrooy a top striker, he's never scored a goal outside the box.

I agree with Journey here, Celtic are an amazing team.They would wipe the floor with cacky teams like Bolton... They would deffinately be in the top 4 teams every season..
[img]http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h184/66ext/2wfn1qu.jpg[/img]

turnbull_badger

Dowley ov wcb wrote: To Journey, ye I have seen Celtic quite alot and i regret some of the matches I have seen.

david dein leaving was a big blow but arsene said he will honour his contract and stay till next year. he said he will only stay longer than a year if he gets some more money for transfers. as for henry, his agent is actually sueing a magazine for saying he was going to barcalona.

Journey

Post by Journey »

at Dowley ov wcb:

Fair enough I think my "world class striker" comment was a bit far-fetched and I apologise for that.

However, In my honest opinion the only goalkeeper that you listed who was better than Boruc last season was Cech (granted, I didn't see an awful lot of Buffon). I can't even believe you put Dida on that list, he's the most howler prone goalie I've seen in years.

And as for "regretting" some of the matches you've seen. Do you know why that is? It's because we are playing poorer and more inconsistent teams, simple as that. Notice how we raise our game for european matches at Parkhead? Because we're playing good teams.
[img]http://gamingw.net/pubaccess/33022/sig.png[/img]

Dowley ov wcb

Post by Dowley ov wcb »

Journey your keeper would have done well but against some of the teams in the league it would have been a walk in the park, but he would have done well in the chapions league if he played I dont know.

You can't forget Cassilas tho, he was one of the reasons Madrid won the title, people say Beckham helped them, he only helped them by being subbed for Reyes who scored 2 goals. Ye Dida does make some bad howlers, nearly as bad as Comical Jens but when he plays well he is a world class goalie, but isn't consistant.

To who said Henry wasn't going, who was right? He's just undergoing his medical.

Bolton aren't a "cacky tam" they had the best manager in the league in Big Sam and i will argue with anyone to prove that he is, they have got brilliant players, says it all when Arsenal want Anelka back, Jaaskelainen is the most under-rated player in the premiership and I dont' know why Nolan hasn't been called up for Engalnd squad.

Ye I agree Ruud doesn't score out of the box but before united he did, I dont like him 'cos thats all he does stay in the box but you got to give him credit to do so well in his first season in La Liga.

Alot of peopla are tippying to be the next Leeds and Forrset, what you lot think? They guna struggle next season and I can see Spurs finishin top of them.

turnbull_badger

you're a bit slow. Henry said he was leaving last Friday because Wenger is only staying for one more year unless he gets some proper transfer funds.
We should be getting a new striker soon. i know Wenger has been looking at Owen and Martins