Hopkins smashes Winky

Welcome to Coney Island Stadium, the place to talk sport!

Hopkins smashes Winky

Postby emissary » Tue Jul 24, 2007 4:11 pm

Bernard Hopkins destroyed Winky Wright.  Winky has to retire.  It's Jermaine Taylor's division.
"When we see the ocean we figure we're home, we're safe."
emissary
Scout
Scout

Re: Hopkins smashes Winky

Postby Swan 1979 » Tue Jul 24, 2007 8:59 pm

Go Bernard Hopkins I knew he would beat the living hell out of Winky Wright.
Swan 1979

Postby warlord jp » Sun Jul 29, 2007 10:06 pm

Swan 1979 wrote:Go Bernard Hopkins I knew he would beat the living hell out of Winky Wright.

Thats right.. im back.;)
I dont get why you guys are saying that he destroyed wright...=/
When chicken-hop, i mean b-hop was hugging wright about 20 times per round...and they didnt even took a point off..=/ that should have been a discualification and they didnt even take a point off.=/ And besides hopkins punched and hugged, and wright trew better convanations. i gues the judges were blind or something. =o
warlord jp

Postby Swan 1979 » Sun Jul 29, 2007 11:02 pm

warlord jp wrote:
Swan 1979 wrote:Go Bernard Hopkins I knew he would beat the living hell out of Winky Wright.

Thats right.. im back.;)
When chicken-hop, i mean b-hop was hugging wright about 20 times per round...and they didnt even took a point off..=/ that should have been a discualification and they didnt even take a point off.=/ And besides hopkins punched and hugged, and wright trew better convanations. i gues the judges were blind or something. =o

Just because Bernard Hopkins demolished Winky Wright does not mean you have to start making stories about clenching and calling some chicken-hop because he won.
Swan 1979

Postby warlord jp » Sun Jul 29, 2007 11:24 pm

Swan 1979 wrote:
warlord jp wrote:

Thats right.. im back.;)

Just because Bernard Hopkins demolished Winky Wright does not mean you have to start making stories about clenching and calling some chicken-hop because he won.

demolished?hahha your funny. Then why did the letterman on  the tv gave wright the fight? or gave it a tied.;) Dude didnt you see the clinches or ar you like the refferes too?=/
warlord jp

Postby Swan 1979 » Sun Jul 29, 2007 11:31 pm

warlord jp wrote:
Swan 1979 wrote:
warlord jp wrote:

Thats right.. im back.;)

Yeah but thats his opinion the main thing is that Hopkins won the fight fair and sqaure.

demolished?hahha your funny. Then why did the letterman on  the tv gave wright the fight? or gave it a tied.;) Dude didnt you see the clinches or ar you like the refferes too?=/
Swan 1979

Postby warlord jp » Mon Jul 30, 2007 2:31 am

yeah ok i get that hopkins won, or it could have been a tied. But i got very FRUSTRATED at b hops damn clinching. But the main point is that b hop didnt DESTROY or DEMOLISHED wright...the fight was as close as a fight could be.
warlord jp

Postby emissary » Mon Jul 30, 2007 4:14 pm

warlord jp wrote:yeah ok i get that hopkins won, or it could have been a tied. But i got very FRUSTRATED at b hops damn clinching. But the main point is that b hop didnt DESTROY or DEMOLISHED wright...the fight was as close as a fight could be.

Winky played defense only.  Winky only plays defense.  Hops is no Marvin Hagler, but at least he lets the hands go.  And BTW, Max called Lederman out on his whack scoring of that one sided fight.  BTW... Jermaine Taylor was robbed when given a draw against Winky.  He's the middleweight champ.
"When we see the ocean we figure we're home, we're safe."
emissary
Scout
Scout

Return to The Stadium [Sport Chat]