Call of Duty: Black Ops

The Arcade is full of people talking about video games.

Call of Duty: Black Ops

Postby Godfather » Fri Nov 12, 2010 6:39 pm

Has anyone gotten this yet? Any reviews?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OtRnpC7ddv8
Godfather

Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops

Postby GrandTheftAaron » Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:50 pm

I've heard it was great (especially the zombie mini game where you fight off the undead playing as JFK) and about a forth of my entire school happened to be "home sick" the day it came out ::)
GrandTheftAaron

Postby turnbull gbr » Fri Nov 12, 2010 10:08 pm

I've got it, not played the proper game or the zombie game yet, just been hammering the multiplayer which is really good. Akimbo semi automatic shotguns my weapons of choice up to now. 8)
Also a bit of a coincidence, the flying Dutchman knife that Suburban Warlord was talking about on another thread is available on it aswell, they call it a ballistic knife.
turnbull gbr

Postby moonrunner27 » Thu Nov 18, 2010 3:38 pm

its a good game recently completed it love the zombies espically in the pentagon aka five. and multiplayer
maybe we'll get to waste a few heads along the way...
moonrunner27

Postby wargod » Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:31 pm

turnbull gbr wrote:I've got it, not played the proper game or the zombie game yet, just been hammering the multiplayer which is really good. Akimbo semi automatic shotguns my weapons of choice up to now. 8)
Also a bit of a coincidence, the flying Dutchman knife that Suburban Warlord was talking about on another thread is available on it aswell, they call it a ballistic knife.

i dont wanna play it as much anymore but if you guys ever wanna get owned on halo reach or red dead redemption let me know because i wanna own some warrior fans haha
wargod

Postby turnbull gbr » Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:43 pm

wargod wrote:
turnbull gbr wrote:I've got it, not played the proper game or the zombie game yet, just been hammering the multiplayer which is really good. Akimbo semi automatic shotguns my weapons of choice up to now. 8)

i dont wanna play it as much anymore but if you guys ever wanna get owned on halo reach or red dead redemption let me know because i wanna own some warrior fans haha

You owning me on Red Dead Redemption, you've got more chance of literally owning some warriors fans.
turnbull gbr

Postby Suburban Warlord » Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:30 pm

Akimbo semi automatic shotguns sound wicked! Cool that the game features the ballistic knife btw.

Question: Do most of you play FPS games on PC or a console. I have played more than I can remember on PC.
Battlefield Bad Company 2 being the latest and greatest (even tho it has issues). I just don't see how
people can play FPS's using a gamepad and not be completely frustrated and depressed. You have to have
a mouse and keyboard!
Suburban Warlord

Postby turnbull gbr » Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:41 pm

Suburban Warlord wrote:

Akimbo semi automatic shotguns sound wicked! Cool that the game features the ballistic knife btw.

Question: Do most of you play FPS games on PC or a console. I have played more than I can remember on PC.
Battlefield Bad Company 2 being the latest and greatest (even tho it has issues). I just don't see how
people can play FPS's using a gamepad and not be completely frustrated and depressed. You have to have
a mouse and keyboard!

Wow you must be good if you can play Bad Company with the mouse and keyboard. i play all my games on the xbox 360 with a pad, 90% of what i play are FPS's, if i had to play with the mouse and keyboard i don't think i'd get past the first stage on most games, i've tried but always get my fingers in a muddle with their being so many keys to get mixed up with.
The 360 pad has got 8 buttons and your fingers are set ready to press each with relative ease.
turnbull gbr

Postby Suburban Warlord » Thu Nov 18, 2010 10:43 pm

Well, I am pretty decent, but not because I can use a mouse and keyboard to play them. Your right (keyboard)
hand just gets used to it, and it becomes 2nd nature. I am talking more about using that directional pad or
little thumb joystick to try and aim with. Nothing beats the precision of a nice laser optical mouse for that.
You just look at your target and the mouse goes there real quick and smooth. To each there own tho.

With PC gaming, you have to always deal with hackers and cheats. Also the hardware from player to player
is so different, it often imparts an unfair advantage to some who own elite rigs. With consoles, I imagine
the playing field is pretty level.

Just cannot imagine not having mouse and keyboard.
Suburban Warlord

Postby turnbull gbr » Thu Nov 18, 2010 11:02 pm

Suburban Warlord wrote:Well, I am pretty decent, but not because I can use a mouse and keyboard to play them. Your right (keyboard)
hand just gets used to it, and it becomes 2nd nature. I am talking more about using that directional pad or
little thumb joystick to try and aim with. Nothing beats the precision of a nice laser optical mouse for that.
You just look at your target and the mouse goes there real quick and smooth. To each there own tho.

With PC gaming, you have to always deal with hackers and cheats. Also the hardware from player to player
is so different, it often imparts an unfair advantage to some who own elite rigs. With consoles, I imagine
the playing field is pretty level.

Just cannot imagine not having mouse and keyboard.

Thats a big problem aswell with playing on the xbox, because the xbox is made by microsoft, people playing, for example lets say Modern Warfare 2 on the PC can play people playing the same game on the 360, so we get the hackers and cheats too but we can't do anything to even it up.
turnbull gbr

Postby Suburban Warlord » Fri Nov 19, 2010 12:04 am

OMG, I forgot about that. It's the same with BFBC2. No offense, but the console players are also
getting pawned by PC players...BECAUSE WE USE MOUSE AND KEYBOARD! I'm tell'n ya.
Suburban Warlord

Postby turnbull gbr » Fri Nov 19, 2010 3:05 pm

Suburban Warlord wrote:OMG, I forgot about that. It's the same with BFBC2. No offense, but the console players are also
getting pawned by PC players...BECAUSE WE USE MOUSE AND KEYBOARD! I'm tell'n ya.

Maybe on bad company, but the only players that own me on Modern Warfare and Black Ops are the cheats using auto fire pads and lag switches.
turnbull gbr

Postby wargod » Fri Nov 19, 2010 3:22 pm

turnbull gbr wrote:
wargod wrote:

You owning me on Red Dead Redemption, you've got more chance of literally owning some warriors fans.

hahhaha ok add me then my gamertag is wargod317 and ill show ya what the wargod can do lol
wargod

Postby Suburban Warlord » Fri Nov 19, 2010 3:53 pm

Sounds like Wargod's thrown down the gauntlet. BTW, on my previous post I meant LEFT hand for keyboard.
Just a brain-fart there.
Suburban Warlord

Postby turnbull gbr » Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:03 pm

Suburban Warlord wrote:Sounds like Wargod's thrown down the gauntlet. BTW, on my previous post I meant LEFT hand for keyboard.
Just a brain-fart there.

Think that's why i can't use keyboard and mouse. on a pad left hands for aiming, right hands for shooting.
I asked a guy at work today and he said the same, can't beat mouse and keyboard!

Wargod prepare for DEATH BY TOMAHAWK!!
turnbull gbr

Next

Return to The Arcade [Game Chat]