Tekken

The Arcade is full of people talking about video games.

Tekken

Postby LIPPY » Fri Apr 07, 2006 12:40 pm

Anyone a Tekken master? I love the whole series and have Tekken 1, 2, 3, Tekken Tag Tournament, Tekken 4 & 5. Number 5 being the best by far. Favourite characters? Hated characters? Best sub-games? Survival record? Anything Tekken, post it here...  ;)
Hold your tongue...
LIPPY

Re: Tekken

Postby Journey » Fri Apr 07, 2006 12:42 pm

OMG i luv Tekken it is so amazin. Fav Character = either Lei Wulong or maybe Kazuya
Hated Characters = Craig Marduk and the williams sisters they are terrible
[img]http://gamingw.net/pubaccess/33022/sig.png[/img]
Journey

Postby LIPPY » Fri Apr 07, 2006 2:58 pm

I HATE the Williams sisters too, but that's because my girlfriend has mastered all of Nina's moves and won't pick anybody else! I'm pretty tasty with Law, Paul Phoenix, Jack, King, Eddy/Christie, Hwoarang, Yoshimitsu and Heihachi, but my all-time favourite has to be Bryan Fury. Can K.O. you in four seconds flat!  :D For the worst characters I'd have to say Kuma, Panda, Roger (the kangaroo), Wang, Marduk and (sorry Buffalo Soldier!) Lei Wulong. But that's coz he seems to give me the most jip! There's a bunch more but they're pretty neutral to me.  :D/
Hold your tongue...
LIPPY

Postby Journey » Fri Apr 07, 2006 3:16 pm

i just find with Lei that i can do all his moves perfectly and i sort of know when to use each one although i also think that new raven guy is pretty magic
Journey

Postby BTW A.K.A the killer household appliance » Mon Apr 10, 2006 11:42 am

i wouldnt say a tekken master but i'm pretty damn good at it. when i was 8-9 i was playing tekken 3, then i moved on to the classics.

my best characters would be- the original kuma not the stupid tacky second one, doc boskonovich is a favourite too, then there's forest law(yes, marshalls son!), armour king, roger(original) and my all time favourite who when i play as, become invincible eddy gordo/tiger. i also like bryan and hwoarang and his mentor(i cant remember his name).

unfortunetaly, tekken games seem to get rid of people like eddy and replace them with people like christy, who is exactly the same as eddy except she is a girl(a very annoying pointless girl character i may add)

so, most hated would be- christy, kuma's son, xioyu(is that how you spell it?) marduk, the williams sisters, gon, panda and julia.

1-3 are the best, the rest just sink lower and lower........ :(
BTW A.K.A the killer household appliance
Soldier The Middle
Soldier The Middle

Postby LIPPY » Mon Apr 10, 2006 1:19 pm

unfortunetaly, tekken games seem to get rid of people like eddy and replace them with people like christy, who is exactly the same as eddy except she is a girl(a very annoying pointless girl character i may add)

so, most hated would be- christy, kuma's son, xioyu(is that how you spell it?) marduk, the williams sisters, gon, panda and julia.

1-3 are the best, the rest just sink lower and lower........ :(
[quote][/quote]

They have to change it somehow... otherwise we'd be stuck with the same characters over and over again! THAT would be pointless  :). I have to agree with the 'changing Eddy for Christie' thing though. Why Eddy?  :? I think he's a hidden character in Tekken 4, as one of Christies 'different costumes' (which you get when you complete it with her) And where's Tiger?! He killed it! Oh, and if Xiaoyu was a real person, I would set some dogs on her or something  :lol: She does my flippin' head in!
Hold your tongue...
LIPPY

Postby Journey » Tue Apr 11, 2006 6:02 pm

Just thought id mention that over the past week or so ive got pretty handy with Jin Kazama and have now decided hes my fav character also...

Why does everyone like Eddy/Christie they r absoulute cheeses. Me and my mate have agreed never to go them because whoever goes them just wins so dont class yourself as a Tekken Master if you can just beat people by hitting the kick buttons franticaly (i sincerely apologise if u dont do this and use them tactically and not franticaly (can't spell frantically i don't think))
Journey

Postby BTW A.K.A the killer household appliance » Tue Apr 11, 2006 6:13 pm

Cow-chise (Buffalo Soldier) wrote:Just thought id mention that over the past week or so ive got pretty handy with Jin Kazama and have now decided hes my fav character also...

Why does everyone like Eddy/Christie they r absoulute cheeses. Me and my mate have agreed never to go them because whoever goes them just wins so dont class yourself as a Tekken Master if you can just beat people by hitting the kick buttons franticaly (i sincerely apologise if u dont do this and use them tactically and not franticaly (can't spell frantically i don't think))

my brother used to do that back when he was young. he would always win cos he played frantically. i prefer to kick a$$ in style with a nice finish tho ;).
BTW A.K.A the killer household appliance
Soldier The Middle
Soldier The Middle

Postby LIPPY » Thu Oct 12, 2006 3:49 pm

I recently bought 'Tekken - Dark Resurrection' for the PSP for £30 (which, incidently, is the same price I paid for my PSP!  :mrgreen:) and man I love this game. It's pure hand-held heaven (I've managed to get Marshall Law up to rank 'Fujin' with 193 Wins and 11 Losses, and still going strong)...

It's basically the same game as the PS2's Tekken 5, but with a couple more characters, new stages and new moves thrown in. There's also a ton more items you can customize your characters with and some new and old game modes like Tekken Bowl (which appeared in Tekken Tag Tournament).

If you like one on one fighting games, pick this up... then upload your character so I can download it and kick it's @ss!  :lol:
Hold your tongue...
LIPPY

Postby krossthug » Tue Jan 02, 2007 10:00 am

Tekken is awesome my favorites are king and jin kazama and i really hate nina williams and jack-5

Krossthug A.K.A The Guy Behind U Thats Holding A Knife!
krossthug

Postby nightarmyWARRIOR » Wed May 16, 2012 7:53 am

Classic series. I haven't played it for a long time.

As a kid I used to spend my free time on PSX playing Tekken 3 (best Tekken). T4 is on 2nd place.

I was also playing T1 & T2, but T3 will always be the best.

My favourite characters/fighters are Bruce, Steve, Christie, Paul, Hwoarang, Law...
nightarmyWARRIOR

Return to The Arcade [Game Chat]